Hounds Tooth

I'm sorry, but this ship is ridiculous. Most people have never even heard of it before, and yet it is the most powerful ship in SWGOH. This ship actually gains protection when it gets hit. Even with all kinds of debuffs, it can withstand just about anything, and then it can heal under the right circumstances, making any damage you might have incurred on it futile. Is there any reason why a 4-star ship can take out an entire fleet of 7-star ships? This ship takes any fun out of Fleet Arena. If you know you're going to lose, no sense in even trying to win... right?

The Hounds Tooth is ridiculous, and needs a nerf badly. I refuse to try to get this ship for my fleet. Having it is like cheating.

Replies

• I'm sorry, but this ship is ridiculous. Most people have never even heard of it before, and yet it is the most powerful ship in SWGOH. This ship actually gains protection when it gets hit. Even with all kinds of debuffs, it can withstand just about anything, and then it can heal under the right circumstances, making any damage you might have incurred on it futile. Is there any reason why a 4-star ship can take out an entire fleet of 7-star ships? This ship takes any fun out of Fleet Arena. If you know you're going to lose, no sense in even trying to win... right?

The Hounds Tooth is ridiculous, and needs a nerf badly. I refuse to try to get this ship for my fleet. Having it is like cheating.

That's odd - there's tons of them in my arena shard, and none of them are allowing people to park at #1. A 4* HT isn't going to last long against "an entire fleet of 7-star ships" unless those ships are the exact wrong ones to use. It's the same as when Nest came out and people couldn't grasp that fracturing Nest and saving her for last might not be the best idea.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/

• That's odd - there's tons of them in my arena shard, and none of them are allowing people to park at #1. A 4* HT isn't going to last long against "an entire fleet of 7-star ships" unless those ships are the exact wrong ones to use. It's the same as when Nest came out and people couldn't grasp that fracturing Nest and saving her for last might not be the best idea.

In young shards, a 3 star HT with a g2 3 star Bossk can hold top ranks for months before people are able to upgrade their fleets.
  • A low * HT and Bossk csn indeed hold off 7* ships if the pilot is geared well enough -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182870/hounds-tooth-is-overpowered/p1

It is not invincible but it is very hard to kill.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    A low * HT and Bossk csn indeed hold off 7* ships if the pilot is geared well enough -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182870/hounds-tooth-is-overpowered/p1

Yeah - did you look at the list of ships? None of them (aside from KRU) hit very hard. Biggs? Ghost without Phantom? Geo Solider? Boba? They weren't even all 7*, and no mention of gear levels.

As for a 3* HT with a g2 Bossk holding court for months, I'd have to see that to believe it I suppose. If it was that easy then that whole shard would become static as no one could beat anyone else.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    A low * HT and Bossk csn indeed hold off 7* ships if the pilot is geared well enough -> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182870/hounds-tooth-is-overpowered/p1

Yeah - did you look at the list of ships? None of them (aside from KRU) hit very hard. Biggs? Ghost without Phantom? Geo Solider? Boba? They weren't even all 7*, and no mention of gear levels.
    Did you look at the author of the post? They were my ships. :D

As for gear, I believe KRU was g10 maybe g11, Biggs g10, Boba g9 maybe g10, Ghost crew average g8 so not maxed but not trash. Ship abilities would have been max or 1 shy of max for ships, crew abilities max for gear level.

I have since developed a number of capabilities to take out HT as well as my own HT. It remains by far the toughest tank in fleet battles.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I wouldn't worry about HT as much as what a "special or legendary" ship will be capable off when it hits. It will probably make Hounds Tooth look like CUP...

that's the direction of the game for better or WORSE.. the best advice is build up some HT counters and just prepare for the incoming breaking of ships for good when it hits.

Just wait a week to invest or gear it because it will be nerfed once it stops makin gmoney :)
  • I lost this round of GA because 3 fleets couldn’t kill his Hound’s Tooth :| It just held the line until Tarkin’s ultimate wiped everything out.
    EDOIDyg.jpg
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    I'm sorry, but this ship is ridiculous. Most people have never even heard of it before, and yet it is the most powerful ship in SWGOH. This ship actually gains protection when it gets hit. Even with all kinds of debuffs, it can withstand just about anything, and then it can heal under the right circumstances, making any damage you might have incurred on it futile. Is there any reason why a 4-star ship can take out an entire fleet of 7-star ships? This ship takes any fun out of Fleet Arena. If you know you're going to lose, no sense in even trying to win... right?

I have to totally agree after spending hours, days and weeks of knocking my head against the HT wall!! HT along with the lopsided shard I'm in is just a motivation/fun killer.

8 out of 11 fleet squads ahead of me in fleet arena have HT and have anywhere from 100k to 600k GP more than me. They are mostly level 85 and I just hit 82. And it's been that uneven since level 60. It doesn't sound like much but it's months of farming difference for F2P. Not to mention the ever growing earnings difference in crystals since they are always ahead of me. You can't even start to farm Bossk until level 85 aside from the store and all I've been doing from the start is concentrating on farming ships and pilots for power. Tie Advanced is about the only option but that's out of reach for me too at this point. This is a waste of time and a total bummer!

Let's game this out from a F2P perspective. For me to get HT and Bossk at a competitive level in my shard, is 1-2 mos to level 85 and another 2 mos to 7 star Bossk. How the "wack" am I this far behind in a relatively new shard? Hello developers?? I'd be able to deal with the bad shard if it wasn't for the additionally lopsided HT. Bad shard and crappy meta ship design!! Ally Code: 887-344-419
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Silencer, Vader, Biggs. Reinforce with Kylo's Command Shuttle and FOTP. HT is dead in a few turns.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    So ummm, how do you get Vader at my level!!! Nice try. I've farmed Tie Advanced from the start. My Biggs is as powered as possible. Oh yeah Kylo's Command Shuttle... 9-A Hard node... ?? Great answer!!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Houndstooth is LS 8D Hard and Bossk is 9B hard. Cool story though.

Clearly your opponents can farm it... Why can't you?

You have fleet open. Which means fleet store. Which means both Darth Vader and TIE Advanced shards. Spend on literally nothing else until both are 7*. It's your fault if you chose not to farm both since you unlocked Fleet Store back at level 60.

Strategy without all FO:

Open by attempting stun on HT with Silencer. If it works, great. Focus someone else down using Vader/Biggs special combo. HT loses a turn and can't taunt.

If the stun doesn't land:

Inflict Target Lock on HT using a Vader. Biggs taunts. Perpetually if Vader doesn't die because HT keeps cleansing/re-applying TL on itself.

Use Ashoka to clear the taunt + buffs right before you hit HT hard with Silencer's special+advantage.

Won't work 100% of the time but it should work better than whatever you're trying.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Well timed reinforcement with Wedge also does a magic preferably with Silencer to stun HT but stun is very unreliable when HT and Bossk are fully upgraded.
  • f82bd
    81 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

You have fleet open. Which means fleet store. Which means both Darth Vader and TIE Advanced shards. Spend on literally nothing else until both are 7*. It's your fault if you chose not to farm both since you unlocked Fleet Store back at level 60.

Strategy without all FO:

Open by attempting stun on HT with Silencer. If it works, great. Focus someone else down using Vader/Biggs special combo. HT loses a turn and can't taunt.

Inflict Target Lock on HT using a Vader. Biggs taunts. Perpetually if Vader doesn't die because HT keeps cleansing/re-applying TL on itself.

Use Ashoka to clear the taunt + buffs right before you hit HT hard with Silencer's special+advantage.

Won't work 100% of the time but it should work better than whatever you're trying.

Vendi, I appreciate the time and reply but clearly this is a one sided conversation, as in, you're not reading what I wrote. Vader is not realistically available with crystal farming or drops. But that aside. My other point was that the shard is uneven. The opponents have farmed Bossk and HT because they've been playing months longer than me and are in the same shard. It's unfair and difficult to near impossible to overcome especially because of the HT problem. That is my point. I know the HT mechanics and the options but without Tie Advanced and against a well geared and leveled HT good luck. My Biggs and Wedge reinforcement are both as powered as possible. And of course I'm farming TA and have been for a month. But your other point is also well taken... fleet store, a.k.a pay-to-play. How much money have you spent on this game?
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    f82bd wrote: »

Strategy without all FO:

Vendi, I appreciate the time and reply but clearly this is a one sided conversation, as in, you're not reading what I wrote. Vader is not realistically available with crystal farming or drops. But that aside. My other point was that the shard is uneven. The opponents have farmed Bossk and HT because they've been playing months longer than me and are in the same shard. It's unfair and difficult to near impossible to overcome especially because of the HT problem. That is my point. I know the HT mechanics and the options but without Tie Advanced and against a well geared and leveled HT good luck. My Biggs and Wedge reinforcement are both as powered as possible. And of course I'm farming TA and have been for a month. But your other point is also well taken... fleet store, a.k.a pay-to-play. How much money have you spent on this game?

Fleet store is completely F2P, you are using currency you get from your rank in Fleet arena and there is not that much difference among tiers.

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Faults in your response:

1 - shards are created with all players in that shard having joined around a similar time. If they're ahead of you level-wise it's typically one (or a combination) of three things:
    - better Guild
    - more real $ spent to advance
    - better at resource management/allocation

2 - Vader is 100% available F2P. He is in the fleet store, which is NOT P2P:
    - 5 Vader shards for 400 tokens
    - 4 Advanced shards for 400 tokens

You say that 8/11 ahead of you have HT. Does that mean you finish Top 20? Even at #501 and below you earn 800 Fleet Tokens daily. That's 66 days to 7* Vader and 82.5 days to 7* Advanced if you spent on NOTHING else in that store AND never finished any higher than 501 in Ranking. Yes it assumes RNG drops him every day, which it doesn't, but you'd easily have both unlocked by now.

It's your fault you don't have Vader and Advanced at least unlocked at level 82. Noone else.

3 - Money spent - less than $50 total in almost 18 months. All right in the first 2-3 months. None since. Didn't spend a dime to unlock KRCS, HT, or any Legendary/HJ.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Faults in your response:

1 - shards are created with all players in that shard having joined around a similar time. If they're ahead of you level-wise it's typically one (or a combination) of three things:
    - better Guild
    - more real $ spent to advance
    - better at resource management/allocation

2 - Vader is 100% available F2P. He is in the fleet store, which is NOT P2P:
    - 5 Vader shards for 400 tokens
    - 4 Advanced shards for 400 tokens

You say that 8/11 ahead of you have HT. Does that mean you finish Top 20? Even at #501 and below you earn 800 Fleet Tokens daily. That's 66 days to 7* Vader and 82.5 days to 7* Advanced if you spent on NOTHING else in that store AND never finished any higher than 501 in Ranking. Yes it assumes RNG drops him every day, which it doesn't, but you'd easily have both unlocked by now.

It's your fault you don't have Vader and Advanced at least unlocked at level 82. Noone else.

3 - Money spent - less than $50 total in almost 18 months. All right in the first 2-3 months. None since. Didn't spend a dime to unlock KRCS, HT, or any Legendary/HJ.

meh I disagree with #1 only in that I doubt shards are filling up instantly like they did 2 years ago.... We have seen posts with people being near last ones to join a shard and the difference in time is pretty long (but for anyone playing a while yes.. you are totally correct.

kinda agree with the rest of it
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG answered exactly as they always do - by realising new ship to counter HT and Han’s Falcon. Now you can start moaning that Ebon Hawk is a pay wall.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ladislav wrote: »
    CG answered exactly as they always do - by realising new ship to counter HT and Han’s Falcon. Now you can start moaning that Ebon Hawk is a pay wall.

heh it's still not going to matter for a long time apparently how many Hard HT counters are released due to tm gain it's still always going to be used "by a majority of players)

I always said the next GOD tank will be sith......I'm actually starting to think that the sith capital possibly being released is going to have a batista mechanic for sith ships. giving them the survivable-ability they need to get the foresight/ offense up/ concussion bombs mechanics going.... none of them hit hard except vader...but bombs and SF hitting through protection begins to add up.... with that batista mechanic from sith capital...

I wonder if that's what's coming