GA ranking

I don't get why this is so challenging for people to understand.
So...
You all start off randomly 1-8
The 4 winners are 1-4, 4 losers are 5-8
Then after round 2, there are 2 people (1-2) who have won both, FOUR people (3-6) who either lost the first or second, and then two more who lost both (7-8). At the end, there is on undefeated player (1), one noob who got pawned every time (8), 3 people who won 2 battles (2-4), and 3 people who won 1 battle (5-7). Here's the math... 8 people, three rounds. Total of 12 matchups. If you add up 3+2+2+2+1+1+1-0, you get 12. So OBVIOUSLY rank 2 gets same prizes as 4 because they won the SAME number of battles. YES you can win one lose one and be "6". It's the same as 3, 4, or 5 (following the second round). I don't get why people freak out. This is a three round tournament. Quick maths.

Replies

• Yes.
    3W 0L — rank 1
    2W 1L — rank 2-4
    1W 2L — rank 5-7
    0W 3L — rank 8
  • DarkLord7 wrote: »
    I don't get why this is so challenging for people to understand.

Everyone is confused because they think this is the play off brackets, when it's actually regular season. In regular season, it's your w/l ratio that determines division/league season standings (like with GA). In playoffs, there's a bracket system.

Several weeks ago, somebody used the word "tournament" and it's confused everyone into thinking this is a playoff bracket system.