C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And just like Critolyte, they'll Nerf the wrong character.

Instead of fixing their shiny new Traya, they dumped on Acolyte instead.

They'll wreck zFinn lead ability instead of admitting they didn't test C-3PO enough. Which will cause more issues across the board by affecting all the other modes where zFinn works just fine.

They admitted they didnt test c3po enough and rhey are still nerfing zfinn
  • qfwm2001 wrote: »
    nerf announcement will happen precisely in 3 days and 17 hours.I'm not a psychic or anything, but that is exactly when the 3PO event ends. This way CG can maximize return on the event. If anybody in CG has at least one chest hair, they will mention the nerf now so people can make informed decisions about spending or not.

Nerf mentioned
  • It's not a infinite loop.
    Leave it alone.
  • My vote is for keeping Finn the same, change Traya.

Specifically give Traya 1% stacking tenacity per hit whilst toppled.

YOU SEE THIS DEVS?!
  • FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

If you break it again they'll just fix it again, meaning another nerf to some character everyone's built based on the old kit.

Better to share your proposed strat here so they can pre-empt it and we don't all waste resources on another team to get nerfed.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

If you break it again they'll just fix it again, meaning another nerf to some character everyone's built based on the old kit.

Better to share your proposed strat here so they can pre-empt it and we don't all waste resources on another team to get nerfed.

Hacker’s mentality. Successfully figuring out how to break the game is infinitely more fun for me than actually playing it. And I like playing the game. So I don’t care if they fix it. The theorycrafting is what is fun for me, not using the method after I’m done.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The Characters are way too complicated, interaction are too complicated. When do you learn your lesson, CG/EA?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, FYI I've just posted something in the dev news about this topic that should help clear up any confusion.

Firstly: Sincere thanks to @CG_SBCrumb for coming out quickly and clarifying that there WILL be a change made to the interactions with C3PO at some point in the new year

Secondly: Does that mean it's just the Finn interaction you take issue with, and that squads with JTR & C3PO (or any other leader I guess) are working as intended? Or are you still looking at that?

Thirdly: PLEEEEEASE can CG focus any fixes on the abilities/uniques etc. that have been given to C3PO (or any future new characters that have issues) and NOT on altering/nerfing the long-standing (and working just fine) abilities/leadership/uniques etc. of characters such as Finn & JTR - Bugs/issues happen, we get it, sh** happens, fine, no problem...but don't fix the problems generated by new characters by changing long-standing well used characters that players have spent considerable time and effort not only farming/levelling/gearing/modding but also fine-tuning their gameplay and tactics with and also getting many other characters farmed/levelled/geared/modded up to go into squads alongside them to make use of their particular abilities strengths/weaknesses etc. If you need to go back to the drawing board on the abilities/uniques/limitations/etc of a NEW character such as C3P0 then fine, go back, make changes, get it right, and release an update for it to the small number of players who've got that new character and who now know that there is a fix/change of some sort headed in its direction, but DON'T ruin many months of 'existing' character(s) & game investment by hundreds of thousands or more players just so that you can keep 1 shiny new toy unchanged.
    (Similarly I'm pretty sure all at CG have seen waaay too much grief and moaning about the Sith Raid already, so making fundamental mechanics changes to that raid which will negatively affect huge numbers of squads just to combat the interaction from 1 new character is an **** way to go about things when sorting out the mechanics/abilities of that 1 new character is what really needs to be done!)
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    I’m concerned with their testing. Literally within a day of release, videos were posted of solo efforts. CG needs to hire some better theory crafters? Or give back the test accounts to game changers? This is twice now the CGs obvious lack of understanding character interactions and game mechanics has come back to bite us. I’m disappointed again because however they nerf the problem is going to break other functions of the game because apparently they can’t change how someone works with a particular raid boss and one toon.

Yes, they definitely need to use the players for testing if they (as seems the case) do not have the skill or manpower to test new characters themselves. I'd have thought they'd welcome test account feedback from a number of players prior to a full in-game release of major new characters or game modes. Certainly the players would welcome the fact that it should lead to less post-release issues, and given the right agreements with CG and the player-testers it could also be used to allow for some more interesting pre-release or on-release character demonstration videos
  • Every time I hear of a team or character that should be nerfed, somehow, it is because of the STR. First it was JTR and the expose mechanic, then it was Nightsisters, now they're talking about C3PO and Reiststance again. Instead of destroying everything that has a chance on the raid, the raid itself needs reevaluated. It doesn't make any sense to continue to nerf every team that has any chance to do good at the raid.
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    Every time I hear of a team or character that should be nerfed, somehow, it is because of the STR. First it was JTR and the expose mechanic, then it was Nightsisters, now they're talking about C3PO and Reiststance again. Instead of destroying everything that has a chance on the raid, the raid itself needs reevaluated. It doesn't make any sense to continue to nerf every team that has any chance to do good at the raid.

There are plenty of teams that have a chance to do good in the raid, if there weren’t then nobody would have Traya 7* and a lot of players do.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

Hacker’s mentality. Successfully figuring out how to break the game is infinitely more fun for me than actually playing it. And I like playing the game. So I don’t care if they fix it. The theorycrafting is what is fun for me, not using the method after I’m done.

Company mentality with players with hacker mentality - hire those players as testers :)
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    They admitted they didnt test c3po enough and rhey are still nerfing zfinn
    They aren't "nerfing zFinn."

They're considering options that include changing the raid or changing Finn, but they will not make a decision or implement the change until the new year.

And this is not the first time Finn's zeta lead has been a problem, so changing it is not an unreasonable decision.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    You would think when you add a new character with resistance syngergy and a mass call to assist abily that also bring new exposes mechanics that one of the first things you would check is a Zfinn leader and how it works with those new exposes. It's not like the teams even use scarce Rebels. Its all Raid Han chewie Cls and sometimes Ezra the most obscure one I have seen used is probably Princess Leia.
    It's not just the combination of characters that causes the problem.

Nor is it the combinations of characters and that particular enemy.

It's the characters, the enemy, the condition, and a mod loadout for a great deal of potency all at the same time. It's a confluence of events and setup that is not necessarily obvious except in retrospect when you have to test the content against every game mode and in many team comps with a limited amount of man-hours.

Then maybe as I suggested they should start bringing in these people that constantly "break things" prior to release
  • There are certain mechanics that you immediately associate with certain leadership abilities. DOTs and Vader, for example. Expose with Finn is another. This isn't an obscure combination of characters exploiting something, it is one of the first combinations that people considered when they saw C-3PO. Please test the game in the future.
  • Add expose-immunity to P3-Traya. Case closed.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    Debuff wrote: »
    I tried out a 3cpo in arena. Based on stats im guessing it was gear 8 @ 5stars. Cls lead, han, chewie, r2d2, 3cp0. Coming in at 98k

I brought in my 5star traya lead G11, sion, DN, EP, thrawn all g12(plus g13 pieces) @ 106k gp, All zetas on. I payout around low 20s (struggling to payout under 20)

Battle started, he had my sion speed beat @ 252, and went first. They took about 10 turns killing DN and thrawn. I think traya EP and sion got 1 turn before dying shortly after.

Ive never seen anything like that in arena. I felt like i brought in a 81k squad with no work put into it.

you lost because of ur mods

How can you say this without any knowledge of my mods

Ive put a ton of work in mods and my best are on my arena squad.

C3p0 is OP and broken
  • Debuff wrote: »
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    Debuff wrote: »
    I tried out a 3cpo in arena. Based on stats im guessing it was gear 8 @ 5stars. Cls lead, han, chewie, r2d2, 3cp0. Coming in at 98k

I brought in my 5star traya lead G11, sion, DN, EP, thrawn all g12(plus g13 pieces) @ 106k gp, All zetas on. I payout around low 20s (struggling to payout under 20)

Battle started, he had my sion speed beat @ 252, and went first. They took about 10 turns killing DN and thrawn. I think traya EP and sion got 1 turn before dying shortly after.

Ive never seen anything like that in arena. I felt like i brought in a 81k squad with no work put into it.

you lost because of ur mods

How can you say this without any knowledge of my mods

Ive put a ton of work in mods and my best are on my arena squad.

C3p0 is OP and broken

With all respect, 252 is slow as heck. That’s what he meant...
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My vote - don't do another NS "fix" where you negatively impact an established toon. Fix the raid and make Traya harder to kill, don't break another well established toon. Sure, it's been ages since zFinn was an effective arena leader, but he's still effective vs the tank (and even more so now 3PO is around, as we all know).
    The HSTR mechanics are the problem, not zFinn. Make Traya resist expose and this all goes away.
    Second option is to tweak 3PO, as he's the new toon.
    Post edited by Lumpawarump on
  • It’s a very simple fix.
    Add tenacity to traya on every debuff. Whatever amount per debuff can control when exactly you want to break the loop.
    This will unaffect jtrey as her exposes are unresistable.
    Job done.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    So an hour ago we ran the Heroic Sith Raid and the Finn loop is not easy to pull at all (used Princess Leia instead of bb8 which made it RNG heavy but I retried a couple of times and the best I could do was 2 million). You really really need to mod your team for high amounts of potency to be able to stick expose on Traya. Stacking Tenacity during topple would easily fix this problem while keeping all other teams untouched
  • As a few predecessors before me, I am a fan of Diminishing Returns. I'd go even further: not just let Traya stack Tenacity, but much rather lower the effects and probabilitys (exponentially) of all sorts of TM gain mechanics (per round), Prot stacking mechanics (prot stacking getting exponentially less efficient) and debuff probability decrease - all within ONE round. This would prevent so many problems in this game. And yes, of course it would hurt precious beasts right now (Nest, HT, Traya, C3PO, Finn,...) but not fundamentally change their mechanic!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Akaryn wrote: »
    As a few predecessors before me, I am a fan of Diminishing Returns. I'd go even further: not just let Traya stack Tenacity, but much rather lower the effects and probabilitys (exponentially) of all sorts of TM gain mechanics (per round), Prot stacking mechanics (prot stacking getting exponentially less efficient) and debuff probability decrease - all within ONE round. This would prevent so many problems in this game. And yes, of course it would hurt precious beasts right now (Nest, HT, Traya, C3PO, Finn,...) but not fundamentally change their mechanic!
    That's a terrible idea and makes a lot of toons useless in future raids or much rumored arcade / mythic raids just to prevent one infinite loop. Instead of damaging a lot of characters, the optimal solution is the least invasive one

• Fix C-3P0, leave everyone else out of it. He's the broken character that doesn't actually do anything in the star wars universe that for some reason has become a God in this game.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    That's a terrible idea and makes a lot of toons useless in future raids or much rumored arcade / mythic raids just to prevent one infinite loop. Instead of damaging a lot of characters, the optimal solution is the least invasive one

It's not really making them useless, it's just preventing extraordinary strategies. Finn wouldn't be useless since he would still give TM, just not infinitely the same amount. Same with Nest, still stacking Prot, just not endlessly so. Same with all the other toons. And I emphasized that this was only a per-round-strategy! So after the opponent got a turn/died, back to normal ;-)
    cyb8x9fh6pp8.png
    That's of course a strong curve but you get the idea that even after several "returns" you are still getting return, just not as much as initially.