Nasty Basty

2Next

Replies

• ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ColtIce666 wrote: »
    Something I noticed fighting against her in arena is she gives palp lead a little more life as in he took a few more hits than without her. She wasn't zetaed in either fight but both times she was 4* and g11 rest of the 2 teams were your standard palp lead Vader nihlus Sion mostly g12 and a couple g11 between them with no less than 3-4 zetas per squad. I didn't check mods. At the end of the day it didn't matter though as palp still bought the farm before he had a turn. Maybe zetaed and g12 will make a difference in that but I don't know. Was going to add that she wasn't as big of an impact as her lightside version but then I remembered that I probably wasn't fighting g11 and 12 zetaed squads when I had ls basti at 4 *

Read her unique....

I have read both of them but assume you're talking about "sith apprentice" and while adding foresight to the leader and herself for 1 turn will probably help I'm just not sure how much survivability that will add to palp. I don't know as I haven't faced a g12 zetaed goth girl. I can say in GMY's case it has helped on offense but I don't fall any less on defense than I did pre zeta if that makes any sense
  • Options
    Her unique also gives the leader 50% defense and tenacity which should help Palp’s survivability a bit.
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Her unique also gives the leader 50% defense and tenacity which should help Palp’s survivability a bit.

It does help somewhat but instead of going down after getting smacked 3 times it takes 4 or 5 and he still falls before he gets a turn at least that's how it's gone down against the 2 or 3 that I've fought in arena. Granted they were 4* g11 at best but the palp leads have all been g12 double zeta. My goth girl who I have yet to use on offense is only 4* g10 and has every ability maxed but sith apprentice which is at lvl 7. Like I said in my 1st post on D in a middle territory she works ok and in GA she has held up but against top teams she folds faster than a lawn chair

*Edit* (to add) probably sounds like I don't like her that's not the case just speaking on my experience with/against her. In the very middle territory in TW I've seen palp(L) Vader Dooku Maul and her stand tall through 7 battles and in either the 1st round of this GA or the 2nd 1 round GA that same team stood for 5. But against the the 2 or 3 typical teams I've fought in arena zzpalp(L) zVader zNihlus zSion and her those teams would be harder to beat if they would have just left thrawn in there instead of her. Majority of the time palp falls 1st from 3 or 4 hits without her on the team with her palp still falls 1st but takes 4 to 6 hits and still doesn't get a turn. I guess the extra hits to palp saves some protection on someone else but not enough to make much difference. If I was going to use them in arena I'd try to get palp as much speed as I could so maybe he would get a turn. Maybe Dooku would be better since he's so fast anyway and seems to shock and stun people left and right.
    Post edited by ColtIce666 on
  • Options

It does help somewhat but instead of going down after getting smacked 3 times it takes 4 or 5 and he still falls before he gets a turn at least that's how it's gone down against the 2 or 3 that I've fought in arena. Granted they were 4* g11 at best but the palp leads have all been g12 double zeta. My goth girl who I have yet to use on offense is only 4* g10 and has every ability maxed but sith apprentice which is at lvl 7. Like I said in my 1st post on D in a middle territory she works ok and in GA she has held up but against top teams she folds faster than a lawn chair

*Edit* (to add) probably sounds like I don't like her that's not the case just speaking on my experience with/against her. In the very middle territory in TW I've seen palp(L) Vader Dooku Maul and her stand tall through 7 battles and in either the 1st round of this GA or the 2nd 1 round GA that same team stood for 5. But against the the 2 or 3 typical teams I've fought in arena zzpalp(L) zVader zNihlus zSion and her those teams would be harder to beat if they would have just left thrawn in there instead of her. Majority of the time palp falls 1st from 3 or 4 hits without her on the team with her palp still falls 1st but takes 4 to 6 hits and still doesn't get a turn. I guess the extra hits to palp saves some protection on someone else but not enough to make much difference. If I was going to use them in arena I'd try to get palp as much speed as I could so maybe he would get a turn. Maybe Dooku would be better since he's so fast anyway and seems to shock and stun people left and right.

Her gear level doesn't affect how "Sith apprentice" works. She gives defense and tenacity to the leader, that's it. Her zeta is next to useless. And you don't see much of a difference with palp lead because he doesn't have that much base defense to start with
  • Options
    I understand her kit. While gear doesn't affect sith apprentice it does affect how well she and the rest of the team performs. If you don't believe that then we probably look at toons/squads differently. I have only been giving my thoughts about her from my addmited limited use of and against her
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I put her in a BH or Kru squad to make Bossk or Kru total pains.

How does this work? Didnt consider.

The nice part about this is it basically works with bastilla at g8
  • Options
    I understand her kit. While gear doesn't affect sith apprentice it does affect how well she and the rest of the team performs. If you don't believe that then we probably look at toons/squads differently. I have only been giving my thoughts about her from my addmited limited use of and against her

In my case, her gear/stars don't make much of a difference. In my team she's only there to help traya survive, and she can do that regardless of gear.

In other cases, i would agree that the more the merrier
  • Options
    I’m surprised how effective she has been for my lineup. I used to run EP, Thrawn, Nihilus, Tarkin, Vader, all maxed out. I usually could get to 30s or 40s, but wake up the next day and down to 70s to 110s. I swapped her—4* Gear lvl 11– in for Vader and I typically stay in the 30s all day long. My shard is about 2 years old. She helps on defense for my squad for sure. On offense...meh. I’m up against Treya’s all day long. Her stun is useless and she doesn’t hit hard at this level. It’s obviously her uniques that make her viable. (Against non-treya teams she’s not bad, but I don’t see them too often)
  • Options
    I used her at 3* to replace my g12 vader:

zzEP
    zThrawn
    zDN
    zSion
    Nasty Basty
  • Options
    So I tried her on offense for the 2nd half of my GW table today. Granted it was mostly for a chance to check her out as I wouldn't consider it much of a test. Used palp(L) g11 Vader g10 Dooku g10 goth girl g10 Nihlus g8. Honestly I didn't learn anything new other than I enjoyed playing with the team throwing lightning and stunning the snot out of the other squads lol. I'll continue gearing them up as side projects but they will be a higher priority side project
  • Options
    I've done a bit of testing in arena. Unfortunately, badstilla doesn't add enough survivability to my 5 star traya even with a crit avoidance arrow on traya to survive against fast revan teams.

I haven't tried against anything else because ep, triumvirate, and thrawn walks over anything else in my arena. And against the semi fast reven teams subing in tarkin for the leader to make thrawn faster is much more reliable.

But I do have her at g11 and use her in ga under traya lead in a sith team. That allows me to have a decent sith team under traya and a A grade empire team under ep and vader.

Once I get traya starred up and g12, she may help counter revan better but until then she has her uses.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nasty Basty is a terrible nickname and I refuse to use it.

I prefer badstila
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    And i like her looks just in general, and i was considering using her with my arena squad (check the link), but because of her star count and other priorities, i decided not to.

https://swgoh.gg/p/963162672/characters/
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales