Noob farming/promote/leveling question

Just restarted. Just farmed 2-star Hera and working on Sabine. So here is my question....

When you just start, and are doing your initial farming - do people hold off on leveling up their newly activated farms (such as the Hera I just got), while they farm them up to 5,6,7 stars?

Meaning, do you fully promote them, and THEN level them up, as their stats will be better leveling with 7 starts instead of 2?

Do you do that for all of your farms?

If so.......doesn't that mean you are stuck with using the same active stable of characters for-freaking-ever while you wait for your farms to get up to 7 stars?

Thanks
- Jipster

Replies

• Focus your resources on your arena team. *, level and gear them at every opportunity. Do not waste resources on characters you have no short term plans for.
  • That's not what I'm asking.

What I'm asking is, when you are farming characters, do you get them fully promoted, and only THEN level them up?
  • Same end result
  • Is it? I thought that the amount that your STR, AGI, TAC goes up by when you level, increases as your * increases. So if you got 2.0 STR per level at 2*, then you might get 2.3 STR per level at 3*.
    Which means I may be better off getting full * before leveling, so that the STR, AGI, TAC increases are greater.
    Or am i missing something fundamental here?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Jipster wrote: »
    Is it? I thought that the amount that your STR, AGI, TAC goes up by when you level, increases as your * increases. So if you got 2.0 STR per level at 2*, then you might get 2.3 STR per level at 3*.
    Which means I may be better off getting full * before leveling, so that the STR, AGI, TAC increases are greater.

A level 85 being promoted from 6 star to 7 star gets a bigger bonus than a level 1 to represent the difference in growth factor.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A level 85 7* gX character will have the same stats regardless of the order in which you got there.
  • It'd be ridiculous if a character's final stats were dependent on the order in which you promoted/leveled them. Tons of people would have permanently-inferior characters due to not looking up the system beforehand.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Jipster wrote: »
    Is it? I thought that the amount that your STR, AGI, TAC goes up by when you level, increases as your * increases. So if you got 2.0 STR per level at 2*, then you might get 2.3 STR per level at 3*.

You are missing that training a character increases base stats. Bases stats are then multiplied by the stat-multiplier, which increases with rank. The base stats and multiplier increase/grow independently. Once again: The order doesn't matter. Then end reslut is the same.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This is a great question because I have found myself low on credits early and wondering y. Now I promote to 5 * max unless a event or raid needs it at 7. It’s much better knowing u have the credits when u need them instead of waiting for credit heist.

Ur arena/ fleet will need to be promoted but doesn’t benefit u to spend before required. I promote to 5 so I know only need 185 shards left for 7*.

As far as leveling goes most efficient way is lvl when gear or abilities require it so u don’t waste credits too soon.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    It'd be ridiculous if a character's final stats were dependent on the order in which you promoted/leveled them. Tons of people would have permanently-inferior characters due to not looking up the system beforehand.

Welcome to the world that was Star Wars: Force Collection by Konami. You could "evolve" cards before leveling them which led to it permanently lower stats than a card fully leveled before being evolved. It took about 3 years for them to implement a system that stopped this ;)

@Jipster as others have said; it creates the same end result mate. Before you hit LVL 85 it's worth leveling, gearing and starring (in any order) the toons you are using most ie. for arena, to clear GW etc.to give yourself the best shot at wins. Best to focus on one team at time though, spreading yourself thin just doesn't work well in this game.