Should I push for a 5* C3 or a 7* Chewie

HK666
1263 posts Member
Title, really.

I just got the stars on my ewoks to try get that 5* c3 unlock. After a few attempts, it's clear that four g9 toons and basically a filler aren't enough.

I have been saving gear for a bit, so I can put more gear into them now. It's going to happen by time the next c3 comes around, but if I wait I won't get the unlock. While I'm getting crushed at teir 5 now, I feel like with taking a toon or two to gear 10, boosting that weak link, and moving arena mods might just get me the unlock.

The plus side of waiting is that I can put the gear into BH, which was the original plan. As of this moment, I'll be going in with g12 boba and bossk, and g11 IG, Cad, and Greedo. Maybe a g9 Dengar or something if I get lucky and he keeps showing up in the store. I'd been stockpiling gear to take Cad and Greedo to g12 if needed. Gearing ewoks will take away from this stockpile, which was quite larger before I took them to g9

In short, I can't decide what's more important, unlocking c3 or taking chewie to 7*. I'm not sure I have the resources to do both

my profile-
https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/characters/

Replies

• My general rule is that one 7* is better than two 5*s as you'll be able to use in raids/mythic etc. However, I think both chewie and 3po just about work in PvP at 5*.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    5* C3PO >>>> 7* Chewbacca
  • You already have a g12 Bossk and Boba, the other 3 at g11 should easily be enough to get you 7* Chewie anyways, no need to save that gear for Greedo. Put some work into your ewoks and get C-3PO
  • Push for 3PO now. You can do it!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    Title, really.

I just got the stars on my ewoks to try get that 5* c3 unlock. After a few attempts, it's clear that four g9 toons and basically a filler aren't enough.

[...]

my profile-
    https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/characters/

Don't underestimate the power of mods. Move your best mods from your arena team to your ewok when doing the event. If furthermore you take your Teebo to level 80 / g7-g8 (which should be very easy) you shoudl be able to easily unlock C-3P0.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Furthermore: 7* IG-88 and no Dengar for One Famous Wookie? Ouch! It's gonna be tough.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Been hearing contrasting info about how high I need my BH, and I wanted to be on the safe side. Wasn't gonna use Dengar at first cuz IG had already been starred, but then I realized I should suck it up and farm him. I don't think I started in time tho. Think I'm 103 shards away from a 7* Dengar

I'll make the push for C3. Take a toon or two to g10, and move my best mods.

Thanks all!
  • Chewie doesnt even come close to C3PO. Just got bumped from the 30s in my arena to 130 with C3PO arriving.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?