How many people zeta'd Finn specifically because of raid benefits?

I did, for one, and now that we know he's going to be nerfed, EA help is refusing to refund the zetas, and telling us to discuss it on the forums. But when I make a thread about it, the thread is closed. I'm told if I don't like it, I can tweet about it, as if that solves anything.

This is not the right way to treat people who bought the Finn zeta specifically because of the raids benefits. We have every right to openly discuss our dissatisfaction with the situation. And now, it's being made worse by both refusing to refund the zeta, and refusing to allow us to discuss the problem.

Refunding zetas when a nerf is announced costs EA/CG nothing, and yet we're not even allowed to ask for it or discuss it.

I was incredibly excited about C3PO's release, and spent money to make sure I could get him fully unlocked, and used a zeta that I had been saving specifically to use based on how C3PO's gameplay works, but now I feel like a fool who was taken advantage of. If this is not resolved properly, I'm going to remember how poorly I was treated every time I use a couple toons that I had previously been very excited to have.

After all the problems with Battlefield II, and the Sith raid, and now Bethesda's humiliating problems with Fallout 75, you would think that EA/CG would have learned how to treat paying customers, but I suppose not.

Replies

• They haven't even said what they're doing yet. Everyone needs to chill, take a deep breath, and wait until the actual fix is announced before losing their minds.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    1. They haven't changed the zeta at all. Everything works like it did when you applied the zeta. No refund should be given out. At least not yet.

2. Most videos showcasing the zFinn loop also mention that a nerf will be coming soon. The thumbnail of those videos are a giant "NERF" -- The signs were there and you ignored it
  • ^ see? #2 in particular. Before you go blowing key resources on an obviously (*possibly) broken mechanic, maybe take a few seconds. It's why the game asks you before you spend zeta mats.
  • It's not my job to guess at what CG might do. The game functions in a specific way, I bought the zeta because of that. Now they're saying they'll change it. Whatever the change is, it's different than what I bought, and I wouldn't have bought the zeta if I knew that beforehand.

If I bought the zeta after the nerf was announced, I'd agree with you. But I didn't. I bought it last night, immediately after the raid benefits were discovered. And now I'm being told that the thing I paid to get, will be changed so I can't have it.
  • The raid benefits that were even advertised as most probably nerf-triggering in their cheesiness? Right. Those ones

Yet you did it anyway. Instead of going "Hmmmm, sounds too good to be true, and the creator even warns everyone it'll most likely get changed. Oh well..."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    1. They haven't changed the zeta at all. Everything works like it did when you applied the zeta. No refund should be given out. At least not yet.

2. Most videos showcasing the zFinn loop also mention that a nerf will be coming soon. The thumbnail of those videos are a giant "NERF" -- The signs were there and you ignored it

This.
    I did, for one, and now that we know he's going to be nerfed, EA help is refusing to refund the zetas,

Because nothing has happened yet.
This discussion has been closed.