Fix it.

Prev1
Here is an idea, remove arena from the game. Seriously, what is the point if every battle ends in a draw...

Or better yet, Devs, ADD MORE TIME TO THE **** FIGHTS. Stop with money grab updates and fix the current state of the game.

Devs know full well that the amount of draws sky rocketed since Bastila has been added to the game. This company has had more than enough time to address this issue.

STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET AND LINING YOUR POCKETS. FIX THIS ASAP, WOULD TAKE LONG. Infact, I would bet $5,000 that it would take all of 2 minutes to modify the code...
Do your jobs.

That is all.

Replies

• Get a better squad and strategy
  • If you had said Revan and Jolly, I might have understood but Bastila? Seriously?
    Obligatory get good comment.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Here's an idea, remove the app from your device.
  • There should be a temporary rage section for posts like this on the forum.
    The only time I draw is if I mess up in a nest fight.

That being said, Arena needs a big change since cheesy revan came out
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Obligatory get good comment.

That's the answer to most of people's problems.
  • 3b4.png
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• After I kill Yoda I just put it on auto so it goes faster.
  • Amazingly constructive and eye-opening comments from the pros. I am forever in debt to you all.
  • I agree, let's try for a third time, maybe we'll have a better feature......
  • Formulaz wrote: »
    Amazingly constructive and eye-opening comments from the pros. I am forever in debt to you all.
    Dont expect a constructive comment if you dont start with a constructive post.
    First of all, you should start asking for help, showing your roster or your swgoh.gg profile, asking on who to target and such instead of come here whinning cuz you cant beat a noobie team like bastilla... Kid... Those bastilla teams are so easy that you can even beat them on auto...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    Formulaz wrote: »
    Amazingly constructive and eye-opening comments from the pros. I am forever in debt to you all.
    First of all, you should start asking for help, showing your roster or your swgoh.gg profile, asking on who to target and such instead of come here whinning cuz you cant beat a noobie team like bastilla... Kid... Those bastilla teams are so easy that you can even beat them on auto...

Nailed.

And I agree.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »

I beat them with tuskens, am I doing it right?
  • I don't agree with the OP's delivery, but I completely agree with his point. The number of draws in arena HAS skyrocketed in my experience, and I don't like it one bit. I would love to see an 8x speed added to the game. OP does indeed need to "git gud," but that doesn't mean adding a faster animation speed option is a bad idea.
  • Bluesabus
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't agree with the OP's delivery, but I completely agree with his point. The number of draws in arena HAS skyrocketed in my experience, and I don't like it one bit. I would love to see an 8x speed added to the game. OP does indeed need to "git gud," but that doesn't mean adding a faster animation speed option is a bad idea.

I don't agree with his delivery or his point. It's funny to see complaints like these; funny how the only time I manage to get a draw is when I don't prioritize the right target or I get distracted long enough for the battle to lapse. It's almost like strategy and synergy are required in a turn-based RPG or something.
  • Very direct. Wow.

Anyways, back on topic. Bastila teams for me are generally easy to beat. However, when you get to the top, zetas generally make it worse. Sometimes i have a hard time with them, but the best thing to do is make your guys fast, or perhaps mod them for crit damage, just to get through protection. Second, hammer away as fast you can and always take out yoda and jolee first, in whichever order you see fit. That will take them out usually.

And if its a oddly made team, take out the healer and highest damage dealer. Hope this helps!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I partially agree with OP.

ARENA is pretty worthless due to AI allowing anyone to win. Have REVAN or traya.....most do. Show me a statistic of how.many time the AI wins. Less than 10 percent i would wager
  • Bluesabus wrote: »
    I don't agree with the OP's delivery, but I completely agree with his point. The number of draws in arena HAS skyrocketed in my experience, and I don't like it one bit. I would love to see an 8x speed added to the game. OP does indeed need to "git gud," but that doesn't mean adding a faster animation speed option is a bad idea.

I don't agree with his delivery or his point. It's funny to see complaints like these; funny how the only time I manage to get a draw is when I don't prioritize the right target or I get distracted long enough for the battle to lapse. It's almost like strategy and synergy are required in a turn-based RPG or something.

As I have no Revan yet I cannot say how things would work out for me in a mirror match. I often times heard from guild and shard mates that these battles can take some time and as I'm not having a newer device (Samsung S4) there is a lot of lagging/stuttering going on. I was consistently experiencing time outs with my Qi'ra + Nest + HY vs Revan due to the lagging/stuttering cause in sum it was taking away like 1:30min from the timer. A x6 or even x8 option would be a great QoL thing not only for the arena but also when taking the other game modes into account (raids, TB, 8 stage events), time saving IS needed after all.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Bluesabus wrote: »

As I have no Revan yet I cannot say how things would work out for me in a mirror match. I often times heard from guild and shard mates that these battles can take some time and as I'm not having a newer device (Samsung S4) there is a lot of lagging/stuttering going on. I was consistently experiencing time outs with my Qi'ra + Nest + HY vs Revan due to the lagging/stuttering cause in sum it was taking away like 1:30min from the timer. A x6 or even x8 option would be a great QoL thing not only for the arena but also when taking the other game modes into account (raids, TB, 8 stage events), time saving IS needed after all.

As a Revan owner, I can tell you that it really depends on which characters are on the opposing team. Even then though, it's a matter of changing your strategy to target the right person. I have several different strategies that depend on whether there's a Jolee on the other team, whether the enemy Revan went first, how fast their Yoda is compared to mine, etc. The longest battles I have still end at about 1:30-2:00 minutes left. If they get close to the end, it's because I screwed up.
    Legend91 wrote: »

As a Revan owner, I can tell you that it really depends on which characters are on the opposing team. Even then though, it's a matter of changing your strategy to target the right person. I have several different strategies that depend on whether there's a Jolee on the other team, whether the enemy Revan went first, how fast their Yoda is compared to mine, etc. The longest battles I have still end at about 1:30-2:00 minutes left. If they get close to the end, it's because I screwed up.

With or without lagging/stuttering? Because that's a thing currently with all the back to back actions, swarm attacks and buff spreading. At some point the game might become literally P2W where you have to buy yourself a new device to not run out of time LOL

x6 / x8 ?
    [x] yes
    [ ] no
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Maybe we're finally coming to a point where it's not efficient to just run one team for every situation. Change your team to match your opponent. Mirror matches are horrible.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Pile wrote: »
    I really don't see the time out so much anymore. I'm in a Nov 16' shard and the top 50 is dominated by Revan or Traya teams. My gripe about arena is that there is literally no strategy outside of coordinating with the shard chat and payouts. Nothing holds on defense and the AI is generally terrible. I'd much prefer a mode where you are actually going against a live person, trying to out match each other move for move.
    So if I'm in first, and you attack me. There's a 5 minute timer. It's live. It gets to my turn and I just set the phone down. I win?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

With or without lagging/stuttering? Because that's a thing currently with all the back to back actions, swarm attacks and buff spreading. At some point the game might become literally P2W where you have to buy yourself a new device to not run out of time LOL

x6 / x8 ?
    [x] yes
    [ ] no
    I get it, but higher speeds=more lag

It's funny how people are to quick to presume their own experience are the save as everyone else's; funny how they wrongly think that their own experience is "truth" and dismiss anyone else's experience as "wrong".

I'm on a launch shard. Still finish 1st. Time out draws are WAY more common than ever before. With all of the 6* mods, every team having all g12+ gear with all the extra health and defense and the way both Traya and Revan teams heal, rez and the more complex animations and sequences it is and will only continue to get worse.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The only time I draw in the arena is when I forget i'm fighting and exit the app for a while, then go back in and it says DRAW! and i'm like oh yeah...I was doing that.
  • Fahrius wrote: »

I feel like you're all gaslighting this kid.

I run zBastila, zThrawn, zzGM Yoda, zHoda, and GK in a Nov 2015 shard and I range from 30-100. There are other Bastila teams than mine in the top 50. Few, to be sure, but they're there. This newbie kid would need gold Sith plus Traya to beat my team. Bastia is hardly a "noobie" team. For anyone without Revan, she's about as strong a team as you can get, and if you aren't Traya, I can cream you. Palapatine? Done. Nightsisters? Squashed. Rebels? Nice try. JTR? Finito. You guys are being unfair. I sometimes finish my matches with maybe 10-30 seconds left on the clock. He's not crazy.
  • One person's experience does not mean that same situation is happening to a significant population. However, attempting the same thing over and over expecting a different result is not value added, and doesn't mean something's broken.

Applying different tactics, a different squad, or targeting different opponents is this player's best option, and telling him that is not gaslighting.
  • SamuraiUX wrote: »

I feel like you're all gaslighting this kid.

I run zBastila, zThrawn, zzGM Yoda, zHoda, and GK in a Nov 2015 shard and I range from 30-100. There are other Bastila teams than mine in the top 50. Few, to be sure, but they're there. This newbie kid would need gold Sith plus Traya to beat my team. Bastia is hardly a "noobie" team. For anyone without Revan, she's about as strong a team as you can get, and if you aren't Traya, I can cream you. Palapatine? Done. Nightsisters? Squashed. Rebels? Nice try. JTR? Finito. You guys are being unfair. I sometimes finish my matches with maybe 10-30 seconds left on the clock. He's not crazy.

Just because your team performs well on offence doesn't mean that it will be equally as good when other people are attacking it. Bastila teams have notoriously bad AI and I've never struggled to fight them. When I ran her myself, those are some of the easiest mirror matches I've ever had. And that Thrawn that you think is improving your team is a liability on defence.

In the last GA, I countered my opponent's G12 zBastila arena team with G8-10 Nightsisters, 4* Talzin, and a 6* Zombie. Traya definitely isn't required.
  • Pile wrote: »
    I really don't see the time out so much anymore. I'm in a Nov 16' shard and the top 50 is dominated by Revan or Traya teams. My gripe about arena is that there is literally no strategy outside of coordinating with the shard chat and payouts. Nothing holds on defense and the AI is generally terrible. I'd much prefer a mode where you are actually going against a live person, trying to out match each other move for move.
    So if I'm in first, and you attack me. There's a 5 minute timer. It's live. It gets to my turn and I just set the phone down. I win?

It’s a game mode that exists in other games (including far bigger than swgoh such as SW) and it works perfectly well. Insanely genius idea : a x seconds timer to make a move or the ia does a random thing for you.

Sorry it’s not on topic but i feel like i always see the same nonsense everytime someone talk about a real time arena and i just can’t understand why.