Grand Arena Character Lock: Not Locking Characters

It was my impression from information provided that mods, gear, zetas, levels etc. at the start of grand arena would be locked for the duration of the 3 round event. It is clear from the evidence below that this is not the case.

If there is information available that suggests the lockin is per round and not at the start of the entire event could someone point me in that direction? Otherwise, if you also experienced this (or indeed a change in applied zetas, gear level, stars etc.) during the your grand arena I have started a bug report here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grand-Arena-Character-Lock-Not-Locking-Character-Mods/m-p/7287964#M21299

Image 1: First turn of grand arena match during round 2 of the event. Asajj is the fastest character and moves first.

2z0kpvdvrlsf.jpg

Image 2: Colonel Stark is the second fastest character and moves second (before General Veers and as intended when modded at the start of the event)

9es3i821i5pe.jpg

Image 3: First turn of grand arena match during round 3 of the event. General Veers is now the fastest character and moves first (before Colonel Stark who was modded to be faster than General Veers at the start of the event and was faster during round 2 of the event).

yra79ojpyuej.jpg

I can not be certain of the exact timing however I know that at some point between the battle using Imperial Troopers in Round 2 and the battle in Round 3 I removed a number of the mods from Colonel Stark to use in another event. This removal of mods would explain the change in turn order observed, however it was unexpected behaviour given the expectation of locked character progression before the start of the Round 1 defence setup.

There are further un-evidenced reports of zeta abilities being available in round 3 after having been equipped during the event and not before the character lock.

Would appreciate being informed if the Lock-In time is different from what I though it was, or otherwise more evidence to be provided in support so the developers are better able to fix this if it is indeed a bug.

Thanks

Replies

• I cannot confirm the mod portion of your post, however Gear levels are locked and not changed from round to round based on my ewok squad staying the same gear even though they were improved a few levels during the event. Thank you for taking the time to post this as it could very much affect a wide number of people who re-mod between sith raid phases or arena teams.
  • I can confirm that I added a Talzin leader Zeta after the supposed player lock before the the first round and it was active and working for my last round yesterday. NOT FAIR FOR MY OPPONENT.

It was beneficial to me because it was the deciding factor in my win, but it shouldn't have been active or working. Not fair to my opponent who would have won the battle if I didn't get all the rez's from the Zeta.
  • In Image 2 Veers and Starck are both at max TM and their order of movement is determined by a coin flip. Not sure what the actual mods are, but according to the screen their order of mivement will be random.

Not sure about the zeta thing, but if true that needs to be fixed.
  • @VonZant It's a valid point that their TM looks very close, but I don't actually know what their true speeds are in that match since it very clearly changed as I moved mods during the week.

I can tell you exactly what their speeds were at the start of the week at lock-in were though. Veers was at 210. Stark was at 269. I am 100% positive about that (I spent hours making 60 load-outs for different teams and equipping them specifically for this event). Since there was no TM manipulation at the start of the round 2 match that would apply (only a 50% chance to remove 20% from Shoretrooper), there's already a change there from how I modded them.

I didn't include that comment because the main confirmation of the change (that doesn't rely on you believing I didn't make a mistake) is the difference in TM bars at the start of the match in round 3 against the phoenix squad.

Hopefully you agree that from the first match (very close TM between Stark and Veers) to the second match (Stark significantly behind Veers) there's an obvious difference?
  • Yeah I'm not disputing your claim - just wanted to point out that the middle photo was not dispositive of the issue.

It also appears shoretroopers TM is slightly different between the first and last 2, although I have no idea why.

Regardless - when you click on your own name in the scoreboard, it takes you to your current roster. Perhaps the game sees that too instead of your locked roster? Also curious if you see people's locked or current roster when you view them through the scoreboard.
  • Jamerson wrote: »
    I can confirm that I added a Talzin leader Zeta after the supposed player lock before the the first round and it was active and working for my last round yesterday. NOT FAIR FOR MY OPPONENT.

I can confirm I added a zeta to Chirpa for the C3PO event and after the player lock and it was not active in my last round.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It was my impression from information provided that mods, gear, zetas, levels etc. at the start of grand arena would be locked for the duration of the 3 round event. It is clear from the evidence below that this is not the case.

If there is information available that suggests the lockin is per round and not at the start of the entire event could someone point me in that direction? Otherwise, if you also experienced this (or indeed a change in applied zetas, gear level, stars etc.) during the your grand arena I have started a bug report here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grand-Arena-Character-Lock-Not-Locking-Character-Mods/m-p/7287964#M21299

Image 1: First turn of grand arena match during round 2 of the event. Asajj is the fastest character and moves first.

2z0kpvdvrlsf.jpg

Image 2: Colonel Stark is the second fastest character and moves second (before General Veers and as intended when modded at the start of the event)

9es3i821i5pe.jpg

Image 3: First turn of grand arena match during round 3 of the event. General Veers is now the fastest character and moves first (before Colonel Stark who was modded to be faster than General Veers at the start of the event and was faster during round 2 of the event).

yra79ojpyuej.jpg

I can not be certain of the exact timing however I know that at some point between the battle using Imperial Troopers in Round 2 and the battle in Round 3 I removed a number of the mods from Colonel Stark to use in another event. This removal of mods would explain the change in turn order observed, however it was unexpected behaviour given the expectation of locked character progression before the start of the Round 1 defence setup.

There are further un-evidenced reports of zeta abilities being available in round 3 after having been equipped during the event and not before the character lock.

Would appreciate being informed if the Lock-In time is different from what I though it was, or otherwise more evidence to be provided in support so the developers are better able to fix this if it is indeed a bug.

Thanks

I believe mods are locked during the event..

my guess:
    asajj special has 50% chance to remove 20% tm from enemies. your veers is faster than your Starck, and asajj removed tm from him and not from Starck hence your Starck went first.
    in the second battle veers went first since he's faster and there was no tm manipulation.
    Jamerson wrote: »
    I can confirm that I added a Talzin leader Zeta after the supposed player lock before the the first round and it was active and working for my last round yesterday. NOT FAIR FOR MY OPPONENT.

It was beneficial to me because it was the deciding factor in my win, but it shouldn't have been active or working. Not fair to my opponent who would have won the battle if I didn't get all the rez's from the Zeta.

also it's a guess here..
    there's a visual bug (which shows current toons state and not the locked one) while selecting toons, that's why you saw that zeta on talzin.
    one of my guildmates put a g7 toon on defense because it was showing at g11 (he geared him during the event) while selecting toons, and only showed the real locked gear level after deploying it.

edit: never mind, asajj only had the chance to remove tm from shore only, since he was the only buffed toon.