Grand Arena - too long?

I was skeptical at first that the grand arena was going to be any good for the game, but after the first real play through its actually kinda fun.

My only gripe is that it's too long. To much time needs to be invested. Maybe trim the join periods after the first round? (Stats may show that a lot of people let the game redeploy or auto deploy)

I've found that by the last round that I've lost a lot of interest in it.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• I have the same sentiments. It is still new though. Give it time.
  • I dont think they can do less than 24hours simply because life and its a worldwide game.

Ive found it a blast so far and it encourages you to work on a bigger part of your roster. I like.
  • @VonZant I was skeptical at first but thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an excellent challenge and a great expansion of 1v1.
  • The 24 hr windows are fine and they are necessary as VonZant said because there are players all around the World. Anything less would be detrimental to players in some part of the World.

What had me a bit frazzled is too much stuff going on. Dailies, arenas, individual events, guild raids, TB and GA all at the same time is a bit much.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @VonZant I was skeptical at first but thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an excellent challenge and a great expansion of 1v1.

I used, at various times: Jyn, Cassian, Both Vets and K2 to kill a nasty solo Zavage. IG88 Cad, Greedo, Royal Guard and Visas to kill a solo KRU. A wonky CWC team scoundrel team and a g8 FO team to take out g12 team that had no speed mods.

I also chatted with enemies and discussed how my D teams held up and got an excellent tip on a team change that I will make going forward to save a certain someone for O and take him off of his normal team.

Met some cool people. Good stuff.
  • I love this mode a lot too and agree that it is a bit long. Currently it's 1 day for joining, 3 days for setup and 3 days for attacking. My suggestion to make it shorter would be to set one set of defenses that gets used in each phase. Would reduce it from 7 to 5 days but you wouldn't get to tailor your defense strategy to your current opponent.
  • Arkhelyi
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    idea: set up one defense for all three matches (squad reset with a new round of course), and bam, save 48 hours and make the defense choice much harder to customize, hence customization less needed vs personal preference of classic defense teams.

Or even better. Same + don't show your opponents during set-up phase. Full blind.

Edit: wow, ninja'ed. Still check 2nd suggestion.

Edit 2: actually, once you accept you don't need to know your opponents before attack, you can merge preview & set-up so done to 4 days.
  • Maybe add a “done” button for set defense and attack phase?

When all 8 people hit done it progresses.

I’m still not sure how I feel about the mode but I agree it’s very drawn out. So far all my matches have been good, 4.5m GP, matched up with almost exactly the same GP opponents.

But all 3 attack phases were done in the first hour or 2. They stopped attacking after that and so did I. Cuz there’s only so many viable teams to attack with after setting 7 defensive squads.

It would be nice to just hit a button and say I’m done attacking for this phase. Even if it just speeds up each bracket, after the 24 hour preview phase of course, I’d rather it be over faster and wait for another one then drawn out when nothing is happening on either players end.

Also GA is a good indicator that the older toons need some reworks. A majority of my roster goes unused.