GA rewards are unfair

Prev1
So I get 2nd place and rank#4 rewards? Make it to the last stage and beat everyone and you don’t rewarded for it? The slicing stuff is fine but we should get ranked where we won! And why is rank 2-4 the same? This needs to fixed

Replies

• Options
    Uh, because there are 4 possible outcomes at the end of the GA:
    3-0 (1, 1st)
    2-1 (3, 2-4th)
    1-2 (3, 5-7th)
    0-3 (1, 8th)

You finished with a record of 2-1, just like the other 2 guys with a record of 2-1. It's actually nice that they made the rewards the same for 2nd-4th, since now it's the same as if you had all tied for 2nd (which I guess you technically did).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Because everyone in rank 2-4 won two out of three matches. Seems fair to me.

If you won every match you would have been first. Only one player can go 3-0 in the matches.

The rank is just a number. To be fair, it should go:
    1st
    =2nd
    =3rd
    4th

Edits: typos.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    There is no real 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. Everyone with 2 wins get the same rewards. The display of 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the table doesn't mean anything. Those 3 spots are all the same. You didn't get to "the last stage". You had 2 wins, same as 2 other people....doesn't matter whether your loss was in the 1st match or the 3rd match. This isn't a single-elimination tournament.
  • Options
    40 stun cuffs seem pretty fair as rewards. So do those hard to get mod slicing materials that are only for guild currency or crystals.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    BobaPhat wrote: »
    So I get 2nd place and rank#4 rewards? Make it to the last stage and beat everyone and you don’t rewarded for it? The slicing stuff is fine but we should get ranked where we won! And why is rank 2-4 the same? This needs to fixed

Well you didn’t beat everyone or else you would be ranked 1, not 2.

Duh.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I lost against the hardest guy in the bunch first round. I win the next two and came I third place, I think I deserved the same rewards as second place.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    I lost against the hardest guy in the bunch first round. I win the next two and came I third place, I think I deserved the same rewards as second place.

You did get the same rewards as 2nd place.
    Uh, because there are 4 possible outcomes at the end of the GA:
    3-0 (1, 1st)
    2-1 (3, 2-4th)
    1-2 (3, 5-7th)
    0-3 (1, 8th)

You finished with a record of 2-1, just like the other 2 guys with a record of 2-1. It's actually nice that they made the rewards the same for 2nd-4th, since now it's the same as if you had all tied for 2nd (which I guess you technically did).

This.

4 reward tiers
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Not only did you get the same rewards, be thankful it's not a bracket style tournament where a first round loss would mean you could do no better than 5th.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Guys, Nihon is agreeing with you. No need to lecture the choir.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who read it that way for a second.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who read it that way for a second.

Lol, I was worried the whole forum would correct me!

But I do agree that the rewards are fair, and I’m glad I received the same rewards as second place.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Not only did you get the same rewards, be thankful it's not a bracket style tournament where a first round loss would mean you could do no better than 5th.

I’m very thankful. I like this style better than a simple bracket challenge, because it allows you to face people and gain experience rather than just be out.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Lol my bad. I just assume everyone here is complaining.
  • Options
    Dinghy wrote: »
    I don't particularly mind the rewards structure. However, I wouldn't be opposed to giving 2nd place (the guy who lost to the winner in the final round) a little extra. I mean, theoretically, the further you go/make it, the better players you had to beat to make it there.

Then again, it is a mobile game and I'm still waiting for a "squad management" shortcut.

What if you are the second best guy but got matched against the best on the first round? What if it's the opposite?
  • Options
    Dinghy wrote: »
    I don't particularly mind the rewards structure. However, I wouldn't be opposed to giving 2nd place (the guy who lost to the winner in the final round) a little extra. I mean, theoretically, the further you go/make it, the better players you had to beat to make it there.

Then again, it is a mobile game and I'm still waiting for a "squad management" shortcut.

Sort of. If the two “best” people faced each other first round, the system becomes unbalanced. Theoretically, yes, you’re right.
  • Options
    The only thing that seems silly is they give all these rewards to "force" you into participating in GA - then the quest reward for finishing 1st is.....nothing. You get special rewards for a 1st place finish in HAAT, Rancor, but nothing for GA. Which takes much longer and much more skill. Whatevs. This game is such a joke sometimes. I love this game - but can't stand the way the devs continue to mess it up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The only thing that seems silly is they give all these rewards to "force" you into participating in GA - then the quest reward for finishing 1st is.....nothing. You get special rewards for a 1st place finish in HAAT, Rancor, but nothing for GA. Which takes much longer and much more skill. Whatevs. This game is such a joke sometimes. I love this game - but can't stand the way the devs continue to mess it up.

What?

Quest reward?

You get special rewards for a first place raid finish?

But not for first in GA?

I have no idea what any of that post means.
  • Options
    Did you ever think, while everyone is saying they made it to the final round, so also did everyone below you too. It goes by your win-loss, not if you make it to the last round. All eight players make it to the last round.
  • Options
    The rewards need a boost, 1 stun cuff for a week worth of gaming is hardly worth it at all.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Beyol wrote: »
    Did you ever think, while everyone is saying they made it to the final round, so also did everyone below you too. It goes by your win-loss, not if you make it to the last round. All eight players make it to the last round.

I don't think anyone is saying that.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

I think he wants a title for winning GA. Maybe. Possibly.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

My point was simply that they have "quest rewards" for blowing your nose in GA, and titles, rewards and quests for C3P0, but for actually winning GA, you get diddly. And the upcoming 3v3 rewards are trash compared to TW rewards as well. It's just inconsistent and frustrating.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

My point was simply that they have "quest rewards" for blowing your nose in GA, and titles, rewards and quests for C3P0, but for actually winning GA, you get diddly. And the upcoming 3v3 rewards are trash compared to TW rewards as well. It's just inconsistent and frustrating.

But...
    It’s practically free stuff
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

Your point is silly, as is your post. You talked about raids, which have no quest rewards. And 90 stun cuffs plus a bunch of slicing materials is not "nothing."
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

But...

Some people just like to complain.

Roughly 85.32% of the people that post here, in fact. No wonder the devs ignore us here and communicate through Reddit.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

But...

Roughly 85.32% of the people that post here, in fact. No wonder the devs ignore us here and communicate through Reddit.

What do you mean!? I’ve never heard complaints about Ships 2.0, Mods 2.0, Revan, Critolyte, Traya, Nest, or the Sith Raid...
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I'll give everyone Nest. That was annoying.

And the lack of communication today, dropping the rewards fail post at the end of the day with no one around to clean up the mess.

Hmmmm...

Look what CG has done to me *sadface*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

What?

Quest reward?

But not for first in GA?

But...

Honestly, Reddit is no different with everyone complaining there too. I think they like Reddit more because you can goof off and visit other subreddits so its a one-stop shop for a lot of places