New GA rewards are insulting and predatory. And I’m not talking about the zetas.

Link for reference: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190560/3v3-grand-arena

Let’s leave aside for a moment the issue of whether 3 Zetas for first place is an adequate makeup for losing December’s TW’s. I want to draw your attention to the other reward. Specifically the 50 Mk12 Stungun salvage.

The problem here is that mk12 stungun salvage is only used for one piece of gear. A Mk12 stungun that also requires 40 mk 12 syringe salvage. These two items only drop in one place. The heroic Sith raid. And they only drop in equal proportions. For example, in 3rd place, you might get 25 stungun salvage, and 20 Syringe salvage. They never don’t drop together. That means there is not a single SWGOH player anywhere that needs one, but not the other. And there’s no way for a player who wins GA to ever get rid of their prize, since, by getting the syringe salvage... they’ll get more stungun salvage.

That’s the insulting part.

The large caveat here, of course, is the predatory part. Because they could put the syringe salvage in the weekly shipment store. Existing pricing would indicate 2000 crystals for 20 is to be expected.

In other words, “Congrats on your glorious Grand Arena Victory, it’ll be 4,000 crystals (y’know, 30 dollars), if you’d like to collect your rewards.”

I’m not normally one to say ‘FOR SHAME, CG!’, but I’ll make an exception here.

FOR SHAME, CG!

Replies

• Unless we are soon getting that last g12piece which may require them separately OR the other bits will be awarded in another GA.
  • Alteisen76
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's like a CG manager do the spell ridiculous on you for asking for missing tw rewards

For shame, CG
  • I love GA, everything about it but the rewards are no where near enough for the time/work. Really hope they adjust this quickly. Remember EA this is a week long battle.......and I dont intend to lose but the rewards for 5-8 are a joke x2. This is how you want to roll this out? Very Dissapointed.
  • Agree 100% with OP. Giving something that is useless without the other part that only comes from one place and always in proportional amounts makes no sense. It’s like giving away a car with no tires... lol

Was ok with the rewards from the first round of GA being the preliminary test, but this second round is disappointing, especially when you factor in the zeta bit. Someone can get zero??? This is coming from a guy that placed 1st this first tournament of GA. Not even remotely fair, especially for those in high GP guilds that are guaranteed 2 per TW...
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    I love GA, everything about it but the rewards are no where near enough for the time/work. Really hope they adjust this quickly. Remember EA this is a week long battle.......and I dont intend to lose but the rewards for 5-8 are a joke x2. This is how you want to roll this out? Very Dissapointed.

Is not just that. It's that they feed us the line of baloney that this month's rewards are also supposed to include the missed TW rewards. The new rewards they announced would barely be worth it if they weren't supposed to include the missing TW rewards.

CG...finding new ways to stick it to their players since August of 2017.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It's a ploy to get you to buy the other rewards or just have useless rewards. I agree. It's really bad form for them to do this.

And the players that arent level 85 that cant participate get shafted more.

How they can expect someone to micromanage the ever loving S out of their roster to participate in this (66 characters total) for rewards that have no value (unless you fork over $30) is just another example in the long line of tone deafness from CG to their paying customer base
  • Not to mention the Guild Currency, GET and gear salvage we get for each TW.
    Choosing mk12 stun gun prototypes though is just adding salt to the wound. I love grand arena but this is a shame!!!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Not to mention the Guild Currency, GET and gear salvage we get for each TW.
    Choosing mk12 stun gun prototypes though is just adding salt to the wound. I love grand arena but this is a shame!!!

I would say it's not really a shame. It's a calculated and deliberate action to reduce rewards. Pretty simply. I just wish CG wouldn't try to make up stuff and say they are "rolling TW rewards into GA". That's clearly not the case - at least not in a way that is not a greatly reduced reward for most players at their respective GP levels on average.

An average of 1.1 zeta per TW is not even close to what most participants would receive in TW, except for the very lowest of GP guilds.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • the POSSIBLE rewards we could get do not support all the time we will have to put into this event. So TW are gone where we would get zetas regardless for this silly content? Totally ridiculous.
  • Nugman
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm really bothered about the zetas. I thought we would be equally compensated for the TW's being taken out of the schedule. My guild is well past the 120 mil GP mark which means I will get a guaranteed 2 zetas per TW but now with GA I have a change to come out with 0?? The event is already too long and to get so little out of it is ridiculous.

**UPDATE**

Just saw the new forum update which gives out compensation for the missed TW's, I'm okay with the GA rewards now

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards
  • Nugman
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't know about all that, but I am disappointed in the whole arrangement of GA and missing TW. Even if you get first place it's only 3 zetas. should be 6 for the amount of time one GA takes. 6 for first, 4 for 2-4, 2 for 5-7, and 1 for 8.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Everyone on Christmas Week: "Happy holidays"
    CG Staff: Hold my beer
  • Great that they’ve addressed the zeta confusion.

They’ve also announced the next TW after this one doesn’t have the other half of this g12+ piece. So... If you’re planning on winning, better start saving that 4,000 crystals.
  • Good Lord....what a whiny bunch you are. Jump to conclusions much?
  • *puts pitchfork down, walks away giggling *
  • Swordd wrote: »
    Good Lord....what a whiny bunch you are. Jump to conclusions much?

No, i guarantee you this was an oversight and when the forums blew up, it got “brought to their attention”

Now it’s being addressed. Thank you player base for speaking out.
  • OP is right, in HSTR if you get that salvage you'll get an offsetting amount of the other one needed to make the whole piece. Giving half the recipe and creating an imbalance is only designed to force players to spend crystals on the other half. The salvage is effectively useless otherwise
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's move the conversation to the mega thread.
This discussion has been closed.