[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• How points i became for this area? 176 or 288? Hey Devs you must work on it. 4tbbnf04lqz4.png
  • Lordih wrote: »
    It is possible to Win with this tactic jwsj5lr1db45.png

He should have put junk toons in the back to at least get the defensive banners.
  • 3v3 sucks! Don’t do this again
  • Agree. Absolutely hate this. Second time I’ve been the weakest in the group. Don’t care about that. But the miss matching with mods and zeta’s is just ridiculous. Losing all the time is far from fun. But we know the devs don’t care so all we can do is deal with yet another thing nobody asked for and another thing that’s poorly designed.
    These guys like to burn their own house down.
    Amazing.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    3v3 sucks! Don’t do this again

Alternative hypothesis: 3v3 is rad and they should do it more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I can't take GA seriously until I sort out the shambles that are my mods. Even the dog wouldn't touch it for breakfast.

Therefore 3v3 or 5v5, can't say I have an opinion/preference either way.
  • 3v3 is bad. As this is matter of preference we should do a poll. But I hated it. Not because I am against changes, but all the toons released in the past years have been tuned and balanced for 5v5 so a few toons become just beyond OP in 3v3: Zombie Bastilla, Han/Chewie.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    Lordih wrote: »

He should have put junk toons in the back to at least get the defensive banners.

No if he do this i can make more Points. his tactic of setting only seven defense teams unfortunately goes up. he won it.
  • the grand arena was the worse part of the holidays for me. still not sure why ea/cg rolled out this horrible feature and how they believe it will bring in any revenue.

guild lost a couple players that have been around since the beginning because of grand arena.

now that their beta testing the players is almost over i hope they learn from this beta test that grand arena is not a right fit for this game
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    People in your guild are quitting over GA?

Just don't play GA.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    guild lost a couple players that have been around since the beginning because of grand arena.
    This is a pretty irrational, emotional response (unless your guild demands excellence in GA performance). A much more valuable response on the cheap is:

Step 1: create Squad Management Tab (only has to be repeated if different number of defenders), fill with team(s);
    Step 2: place defense from that Tab;
    Step 3: don't attack if you feel like it; attack if you feel like it (or if you have a chance to win).

At worst, you get some rewards, for minimal effort. At best, you learn how to defeat teams you don't see in Arena, and play offense teams you don't normally play. Maybe you even luck into a win or two and get better rewards.

• If there are no ships involved in a particular Grand Arena matchmaking should be based off of character GP not total GP. It probably won't make much of a difference, but it seems more reasonable to me.

It made a HUGE difference in my round, guy was up by numerous counts of g11 toons and I had 1 million more gp in Ships than my competition? Seems legit if you ask me, 3v3 was a joke it was an all out offense slugfest hindered by 1 MILLION GP in two completely different areas, one of which was completely unusable, I still won but needless to say it was ugly, came down to efficiency which I’d say I got lucky because he didn’t set 2 squads due to the silly set defense button which I and my opponents until the last round set 8 defenses instead of 10. Too funny if you ask me.
  • I had hoped for another cooperative game mode or a new TB map but we got another competitive game mode. Well, then more arena style competition is what I had to check out. Grand Arena that is.

So far it’s been very not-grand. 5 opponents did absolutely nothing in attack phase and 1 opponent put all his best toons in defense, including maxed Revan, Jolee, GMY. My first real challenge and I lost by a few points because some of my toons were at 96% health instead of 100%.

Clearing the defense of a guy with more G12, more zetas, better mods and still lose by 18 points was frustrating. I hope they come up with a better version of this game mode.
  • Lordih wrote: »
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Lordih wrote: »

No if he do this i can make more Points. his tactic of setting only seven defense teams unfortunately goes up. he won it.

No. He gets more points from setting a defense (82 banners) than you do from beating his crappy team (max 56 banners), so setting any kind of defense is better than setting no defense.
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    Clearing the defense of a guy with more G12, more zetas, better mods and still lose by 18 points was frustrating. I hope they come up with a better version of this game mode.

In other words, CG can't win? You realize how many people were complaining about ties in TW? This time they made sure there would be very few ties, yet you're upset about it because...? I don't understand your argument. Yes, you lost because you opponent played a little bit better than you. Isn't that how it should work?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Just don't play GA.
    Typically when something like that happens the player in question is pretty burnt out anyway (whether they realize it consciously or not) and the trigger event is simply the final straw.
  • Member5973 wrote: »

I think you need to adjust your goal then. The goal is not to clear the opponent’s defense. The goal is to score more points than them.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Just don't play GA.
    Typically when something like that happens the player in question is pretty burnt out anyway (whether they realize it consciously or not) and the trigger event is simply the final straw.

Can confirm. I quit another mobile game and came to GOH because I had a run of bad luck on pulling that game's equivalent of chromiums. Except that you could earn them without paying via gameplay. So not exactly. Anyway, the point is I hit a bad streak of RNG that effectively meant months of farming were wasted, and realized I didn't even care. So I just hung it up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I wish they would go back to 5 on 5
  • Please bring back 3 on 3! That was the only thing that made GA unique (5 on 5 is just individual TW). It was fun coming up with different 3 on 3 options for offense and defense and gave me more incentive to gear up some characters that were gathering dust in the 5 on 5 world.
  • MrFields wrote: »
    Please bring back 3 on 3! That was the only thing that made GA unique (5 on 5 is just individual TW). It was fun coming up with different 3 on 3 options for offense and defense and gave me more incentive to gear up some characters that were gathering dust in the 5 on 5 world.

I'm sure it'll come back around from time to time. I think they're going to be remixing Grand Arena configurations to avoid any back-to-back runs. I don't think it'll be like Territory Wars, which have been unchanged since they started except for adding thsoe Clone Wars team bonuses.

So 3 on 3 won't be an every time treat, but will still be a thing we get.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member

Just don't play GA.

This! How silly.
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Member5973 wrote: »

In other words, CG can't win? You realize how many people were complaining about ties in TW? This time they made sure there would be very few ties, yet you're upset about it because...? I don't understand your argument. Yes, you lost because you opponent played a little bit better than you. Isn't that how it should work?

You are putting words in my mouth. I never complained about ties. On the contrary: a tie is a tie. Why not accept it? A league style event easily works with ties.

My frustration was caused by the fact that I knew beforehand that given the rating system I was at disadvantage.

GP is not a meaningful metric. As is height or weight or any superficial number you could use to compare people. And I know (as an analyst) that it’s pretty easy to design a rating that is in line with the important aspects of players rosters
  • I do have to say that I’m getting a little annoyed at facing endless Traya or Revan teams. There must be *some* people at my GP that don’t have them yet. It’s remonding me of GW when I didn’t have CLS yet.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Buddy wrote: »
    I do have to say that I’m getting a little annoyed at facing endless Traya or Revan teams. There must be *some* people at my GP that don’t have them yet. It’s remonding me of GW when I didn’t have CLS yet.

At least there's two teams to face. When I first started breaking into the top 100-200 in arena it was the CLS meta and every team was exactly the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • While 3x3 was interesting, I hope future GA matches mix 5v5 and 3v3 territories periodically. I think a 5v5 ships territory would be an interesting throwback too, though they'd probably need to adjust the battle time of 5min to something like 7.5m. I really enjoy the variable element of GA. Any chance TW could get a tiny bit of the same?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bring 3v3 back! Talk about requiring actual strategy. This was the most enjoyable version of GA yet.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I like that they mix it up a bit. In hindsight 3v3 was perhaps the most fun to play but it is good that they don’t do the same format every time. Hope for 3v3 next run though!
  • 3v3 is awesome. It requires much more thought and strategy than anything else the game has to offer....which is incidentally why so many people don't like it. People don't like to think. Keep it coming, cg.