[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• Hey CG,

thanks for taking this potentially fun game mode and making it worthless great job!
    In a normal month I would get 8-12 zetas from TW plus 4 prize boxes with multiple pieces of salvage / gear
    This month I can get a MAX of 3 zetas and 50% of a mk V stun gun.

Thanks but just delete this mode and go back to TW if you're not going to give us any rewards that are worth anything

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TaviRus wrote: »
    So...rewards are absolute crap compared to TW. This is instead of TWO territory wars. first place is down on zetas. hell, bottom half are getting 0 zetas instead of 4. That ignores all the currency and salvage we get from TW. Either you guys complete spaced that you canceled two TW this month, or you're horrifically overvaluing mod salvage. Also, why in the name of all things sacred is the 1 win bracket not getting a zeta? 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd and 0 for last makes a lot more sense than 3, 2, 0, 0.

And then you expect us to field at least 48 characters. (my bracket numbers) down 2 from previous TW, but you need 16 Leaderships. SIXTEEN. 60% more leaderships to figure out from last GA.
    Maybe you should have made 1-2 sections 3v3 and then the rest normal. Or just had 1 section 3v3.

Less rewards for more work....This is crap.

Go read crumbs update

I love how the whole chart they originally made was a “mistake”. I think for once they read feedback and changed it realizing how bad it was....

Instill feel bad for the 0-3 guy they are getting stiffed so bad its not wven funny..... never able to get better never able to catch up... always getting last.... its almost a troll
  • Dear Galaxy of Heroes developers!

With this reward system, many people will lose interest in this beautiful game. I play this game for more than 3 years and this time I`ve seriously lost interest. You`d be more generous in the rewarding system. @CG_SBCrumb
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TaviRus wrote: »
    So...rewards are absolute crap compared to TW. This is instead of TWO territory wars. first place is down on zetas. hell, bottom half are getting 0 zetas instead of 4. That ignores all the currency and salvage we get from TW. Either you guys complete spaced that you canceled two TW this month, or you're horrifically overvaluing mod salvage. Also, why in the name of all things sacred is the 1 win bracket not getting a zeta? 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd and 0 for last makes a lot more sense than 3, 2, 0, 0.

And then you expect us to field at least 48 characters. (my bracket numbers) down 2 from previous TW, but you need 16 Leaderships. SIXTEEN. 60% more leaderships to figure out from last GA.
    Maybe you should have made 1-2 sections 3v3 and then the rest normal. Or just had 1 section 3v3.

Less rewards for more work....This is crap.

Go read crumbs update

I love how the whole chart they originally made was a “mistake”. I think for once they read feedback and changed it realizing how bad it was....

Instill feel bad for the 0-3 guy they are getting stiffed so bad its not even funny..... never able to get better never able to catch up... always getting last.... its almost a troll

So they ninja changed the table to reflect that you get 1 zeta per win. That's still 1/2 the zetas for players whose guild wins 2 TW, and 1 less for players whose guild loses two TW. not counting all the missing currency and salvage.
    Its bad rewards with required daily participation for a full week during the busiest week of the year for a lot of people.

Edit: OK, my arguments are invalid. In a different post found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190431/update-on-december-grand-arena-and-territory-wars-rewards#latest Crumb states that there will be mailed rewards as well as the GA rewards.
    Guild Currency x1,600
    Guild Event Tokens x500
    Credits x650,000
    Ability Material Mk3 x5
    Omega Ability Material x4
    Zeta Ability Material x3
    Assorted Gear Salvage

So, my bad. However, maybe link those rewards in the other GA threads?
  • Searching
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I definitely like the Grand Arena, but that round is so unfair for Fleet Arena oriented players as me. Half of my GP is fleet, and I didn't even inflate artificially my roaster. Hope matchmaking will take this in calculation, because I may face opponents without fleet and same GP as mine :(

Edit : I forgot to tell that I do like the work you are doing and understand that you want to try live new features! Keep going, and please adjust to make this grand arena fair for everyone!
  • I've got better things to do this Christmas than willingly participate in whatever this Frankenstein's monster of a game mode is supposed to be.

Merry Xmas everyone.
  • What about fleet power?
  • Do NOT mix people together according to total galactic power, when only characters can Fight!
    You HAVE to select the group according to the Charakter GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Am i missing something here, i came second in my grand arena, i beat everyone until the last round which j lost so i should have been second but in the rankings i came 4th.

Now u still got the same rewards as the others in the band 2-4 but what happens in the new run if gramd arena if say i should have placed 3rd but then get placed kn a slot where i dont get any zetas when i should be.

I feel there is something wrong here
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nop. It's all the same, they should have just named it 1-2-3-4 with 2 and 3 tied to the same spot with 3 people just to avoid confusion.
  • great would be a user vote 3v3 or 5v5. or an option that you can choose when starting the grand arena which mode you want to play. like the stages in the raids for example. 5v5 4v4 3v3 2v2 1v1
  • I despise the switch to 3v3. This literally changes the entire gameplay. I don’t really want to learn a new style of play, and spend time working on it too. This isn’t the game we prepped for.

not at all the game we prepped for or the game they even talked about in their messed up road ahead communications.

this is all bait and switch bad design and execution by development. they should have given notice to give people time to prep for this stuff if they were going to do it but they like to hide their precious development changes so they can bait and switch whatever you prepped for. now they are changing the terms on the fly, nerfing established players like zfinn because it benefits the players, and on and on to change things so it works for the bait and switch model.

grand arena is singularly the worse thing since tournaments and makes tournaments actually look good compared to this.

wish we could just go back to how things were before grand arenA
  • i agree a 3v3 makes (especially the Revan guys) unbeatable...thanks CG ! Delete this Mode or let it with 5v5 or even 4v4
  • Bytestream wrote: »
    i agree a 3v3 makes (especially the Revan guys) unbeatable...thanks CG ! Delete this Mode or let it with 5v5 or even 4v4

Na, Revan will take care of him. I am more worried about teams like Talzin/Daka/Zombie, Bastia/Zolee/GMY or even FO with zKru...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Can't complain about mk! 5! stun gun rewards

You can when you know 0-3 is in your future forever
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Right when I saw the reward structure I immediately lost interest in the game mode. Believe me, word of mouth spreads.

Everyone should get one zeta at least. Life happens, that's what made TW nice. Your guild could pick up the slack, you still got zetas. If something personal happens and I can't get to the game, it's more stressful throughout the week to get a win.

Not good at all. Immediately, it puts in question your intent and understanding of 8th place. What are we supposed to expect from a dev team if you don't care about 8th?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Again if calculations for matchup include ship GP im facing 4-10 more g12 char (depending on matchup)

If there is a GA with no ships then ship GP should not count in calcs

Have they addressed this or at least acknowledge its an issue cause now im at risk of getting 0 zetas cause no ships

Judging by the GP brackets, it's safe to assume that ships GP is in fact included. I don't believe anybody has 4+ million GP worth of characters only yet.
  • a question about matchmaking. is the gp counted by the ships? if so, many false pairings are created
  • ****, no ships again?
    Which part do you not understand that ships gp is 10% of total gp for some players, while 90% of total gp for some others. If you match the 2, guess what happens.
  • 10% it is more than zi6927zyspv8.png
    ****, no ships again?
    Which part do you not understand that ships gp is 10% of total gp for some players, while 90% of total gp for some others. If you match the 2, guess what happens.

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Someone has 90% of their GP in ships?

Screenshot please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Wrote this in the Grand Arena thread before I realized there was a specific thread about the 3v3 change.

Must say that I’m not overly keen on the change from using several full teams to fewer spots with only 3v3. One part of GA that was really fun was that it encouraged you to develop several strong teams within various factions as opposed to one super strong meta squad (as in regular arena) or just some strong individual toons like this model seems to promote.

The format was good as it was, could just have tweaked matchmaking algorithms and rewards a bit. Ships is getting sidewinded again as well, shame that.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I guess I will just sit this one out until CG announces what the future format will be 5v5 or 3v3. Ships or no ships.

When considering the high risk of serious bugs with not enough developers and designers on call during the holidays to fix it (The fix for 3P0 teams solos in hSTR p3 was postponed to after the holidays) and the chance that the future format will revert back to 5v5, I simply won't bother spending time preparing 20 new 3v3 teams, working out strategies for each opponent and playing the matches.
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Did you just title this “mega” to get everyone to post in it?

Brilliant...

It will be fun... something different at least (and that’s a breath of fresh air in itself)

It's titled "MEGA" because it is a moderator generated thread that all posts on the same subject can be merged into.

Reduces clutter.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    I guess I will just sit this one out until CG announces what the future format will be 5v5 or 3v3. Ships or no ships.

When considering the high risk of serious bugs with not enough developers and designers on call during the holidays to fix it (The fix for 3P0 teams solos in hSTR p3 was postponed to after the holidays) and the chance that the future format will revert back to 5v5, I simply won't bother spending time preparing 20 new 3v3 teams, working out strategies for each opponent and playing the matches.

It’s a variant. They said in the original post that GA would have different formats on occasion and they specifically called out 3v3 as one such variant. It’s not going to be the same thing every time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2-4 get the same rewards.

Ties with all the people of the same record (2-1 in your case) are probably handled with GP for the final order we are placed in.
  • 22 leaders to prepare? I'm not re-modding for this.

For the first time since GA launched, I'm starting to feel the same way I did about tournaments. The last round of GA was okay, the format worked, this is just annoying.