[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• Options
    Darko_1 wrote: »
    GA has been garbage so far! I refuse to play it anymore. I don’t think it is right that I spent the last 2+ years developing my characters to 7* so they can be usable and that is actually the wrong thing to do for GA if you want to win. This was supposed to be an event of “skill” but it is another event for “who has the best top 6-8 teams”. A players total GP should not be a basis for a “match up” unless ALL of the character are used to play the event. GA is just a glorified reboot of squad arena with the ability to use several teams at once.
    Please fix this issue so GA can be enjoyable and fair.

I spent the last 2 years developing a very lean and top heavy squad. Are you suggesting I should be punished because I play differently than you?
  • Options
    This 3v3 format is interesting! But I do have a problem with the timing.
    We had one practice run of GA where it was unplayable. The a second run with people taking advantage of bugs for not setting defense.
    I really don’t think that this game mode is ironed out well enough for these changes!
    Also, it’s at a very busy time of year for most of us.
    I’d have loved to see this in another month or so once the game mode was familiar, bugs were worked out and players had time to adjust strategy for 3v3.
  • Options
    I appreciate the attempt by CG to provide a more varied game experience. I am getting more rewards than usual this month. Our guild has only ever earned 1 zeta in TW's, so all the posts about that are simply not taking into account the many guilds that don't get any zetas even with a win. We are not all 50M+ guilds. I am wondering how to field 10 leaders, and this makes the game more interesting for me. It isn't that hard to set up a tab for teams and just plug them in when it is time, just like you probably do for TW.

One complaint is giving the higher spot to the higher GP player. If a lower GP player comes in the same place, they should be rewarded for being the better player. Also, I think total banners should determine the winner.

I came 5th in TW. I had to face the top 2 players ( I think I was 3rd) and only one p[laer I thought had a weaker roster. One of the folks finished 2 or 3, can't remember, and lost the only match he had against one of the stronger players. I doubt he could have defeated my squads.

Overall, I like this format. It makes me think instead of just pushing a button for the highest available ability. So y'all know, I finish top 20 in arena and top 5 in ships. 3.2M GP with 1.8 in characters and 1.4 in ships.

Merry Christmas
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Wow!!!!!
    Will you also add reinforcements to 3v3???

Will you introduce reinforcement materials for toons too???

Edited to remove all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    the most time consuming feature and change in the game and they release it during the holidays when people will be with their families. if you have to choose between playing grand arena and celebrating time with the family i hope you all make the same choice i am.

spend it with family and friends and when they all ask me why i dont have my tablet with me that i normally carry with me every where i go i will tell them the sad events that have occurred during the last couple weeks of beta testing.
  • Options
    1. Mediocre mass assists
    2. BH payouts may be harder to get due to lesser hitters
    3. DN and Sion cooldown reduction will be slower
    4. GMYoda's BM will get lesser TM gain
    5. EP squads will gain lesser TM due to lesser target number
    6. Dooku and BSF double stuns will disable 66% instead of 40% of the opposing squad
    7. Tough tanks (e.g. GK+Zariss) will be harder to kill due to lesser offense, I expect a lot of time outs.

It's a whole new ballgame.
  • Options
    I personally love the GA format and style. Might need a bit of ironing out, which I'm sure will happen over time, but it's definitely one of my favourite game modes. Love the look and layout when you go in there, and seeing the characters appear on the board is amazing! Thanks for the work you put into the game Devs, and I know you guys love the game as much as we do. Cheers!
  • Options
    Darko_1 wrote: »
    GA has been garbage so far! I refuse to play it anymore. I don’t think it is right that I spent the last 2+ years developing my characters to 7* so they can be usable and that is actually the wrong thing to do for GA if you want to win. This was supposed to be an event of “skill” but it is another event for “who has the best top 6-8 teams”. A players total GP should not be a basis for a “match up” unless ALL of the character are used to play the event. GA is just a glorified reboot of squad arena with the ability to use several teams at once.
    Please fix this issue so GA can be enjoyable and fair.
    To be honest, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I did the same thing you did and lost my first round match really bad because the other guy had some sick teams.

But rounds two and three were real close, real competitive, and my deep roster really came in handy. My third round I won by only 19 banners.

So, basically, it's like regular arena writ large: The two big spenders faced off in the end, the rest of us fought in the middle, and the guy who didn't set defenses finished last. The real funny thing is that one of those big spenders finished 2-1 (because when you're 2-0 and against another 2-0, it's bound to happen) so he got exactly the same rewards I did.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Why is everyone complaining we’re all in the same situation here . This sounds like a blast sure kinda bites first one happens on Xmas but we will survive . Thanks CG for developing this . 22 squads is a stretch but my opponent will be doing the same thing. 3 on 3 battles should go fast to someone said 4 hrs to get through lol maybe a hr . Let’s do 6 on 6 next time with 2 leaders let’s get crazy 😝.
  • Options
    Is it possible to get a "leader" tag in the toon inventory?
  • Options
    the most time consuming feature and change in the game and they release it during the holidays when people will be with their families. if you have to choose between playing grand arena and celebrating time with the family i hope you all make the same choice i am.

spend it with family and friends and when they all ask me why i dont have my tablet with me that i normally carry with me every where i go i will tell them the sad events that have occurred during the last couple weeks of beta testing.

If you carry a tablet with you everywhere you go and this gets you to put it down for a little while during the holidays, I'd say it is a good thing. GA takes like what, 14 minutes a day depending on GP?

CG just made simming GW a possibility for a large chunk of people (those between 50 and 150 GW wins), which saves those people far more time than GA could ever take (12 full battles every day versus a 4-10 every other day). GA is not the greatest game mode (yet), but the sky is not falling chicken little.
  • Options
    If you guys are looking for ideas for your 3v3 squads we have an open forum on our discord server for this and future GA formats. Check it our here.
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    3vs3 is the worst idea ever and really takes away the fun away for me. The game is designed for a team of 5 and with 3 toons you will make end up with unbeatable teams. Yes maybe revan and traya can be any team. The amount of squads is really not the problem because we have so many toons. Just certain squads are only beatable by a few else you time out with only 3. Some teams needs more toons to kill a single toon. But we will see.
  • Options
    Why are fleets so hated ?? we could have had 3v3 fleet dogfights without capital ships, making it character only but based on TOTAL GP is unfair for those who have heavily invested in their fleets instead of champs
  • Options
    Hopefully your opponent screws up and saves best squads to attack your d and you have a higher character gp easy win.
  • Options
    Sharugames wrote: »
    Why are fleets so hated ?? we could have had 3v3 fleet dogfights without capital ships, making it character only but based on TOTAL GP is unfair for those who have heavily invested in their fleets instead of champs

Ships are only hated by players. The developers like them. This is the third official Grand Arena and the fourth total, I wouldn't draw conclusions just yet--although all four of them have been different, so if you're going to draw any conclusion, draw the conclusion that each one will be different from each other one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Seems like this is probably their response to the people joining and doing nothing just to get their rewards. Now, you actually have to win to earn rewards.

This. How about we stop demanding rewards and start recognising that ga finally provides some genuine competition, where you actually want to win. GA is strategic, forces you to use toons you haven't used in ages, and rewards you for doing this well. Mods lock? Oh no, tragic. It means you're in the same boat as everyone.

Just seems like everyone assumes that they're entitled to events and whatnot. Sure there are bits that can be improved/tweaked. But this kind of hysteria over a gamemode that's actually really fun just serves to discourage the devs from taking more risks and treading more new ground.
  • Options
    My first opponent has Revan (I don’t) and has 56 g12 toons against my 32. Obviously I will have absolutely no chance against him even though our total gp are even. 4 of the other opponents are about as difficult as him while two looks very easy.

I love the idea with GA and think this could be the best game mode to date, but match making needs to be better. You can critize ppl and say “you should have focused on this or you shouldn’t have done that” but regardless of what choices we have made with our rosters GA is not going to be enjoyable unless you have a reasonable chance of winning against your opponent (or if your opponent has no chance of winning against you).
  • Options
    Delete 3v3 back to 5v5
  • Options
    Lordih wrote: »
    Delete 3v3 back to 5v5

Agreed, everybody in my guild hates this mode. Also, a lot of players mistakingly only put 2 squads in front territories that were calling for 3 squads. The game graphics only show 2 squads. Therefore they are already losing before either player has attacked. Please go back to 5 v 5 or more. 10 v 10? Lol
  • Options
    same, graphic only showed 2 spots up front, thought was a glitch and didn’t want to lose a team
  • Options
    also, please CG no more 3v3: OP toons become even more OP, you had a great thing going with basically a tw like pvp; then you went and made it 3v3...dumb move
  • Options
    any one else having trouble filling squads and having enough 3's for offense? currently at 2.1 almost 2.2gp and i ran out of decent offense to attack and not give opponent tons of wins. so im taking this one as a loss.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    I love 3v3. All new strategies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It what I think too but it appears I had to many in offense...
    I clean every territories and still have good toons free
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It’s been said already, but I’ll say it too: please make it stop. 3v3 makes GA even more unbalanced.

For example, my opponent has an all zeta, gear 12, Revan led team with Ezra and GK. I do not have Revan or more than a single gear 12 Jedi for that matter. I also do not have any chance to beat this team. I am one of the collectors consistently outmatched by the hoarders (edit: The more focused folks that is. I don’t mean hoarding in a pejorative sense. Really I don’t.) typically twice as many gear 12 toons as me.

I’m not trying to start another debate with anyone (all peace here, cause I get the point) about collecting vs focusing. I’m just saying that I’m at the point where I’ll join GA for the rewards but there’s no point to me trying. Which I admit makes perfect rational sense for me, but also makes no sense for any of my opponents, or from a fair gameplay standpoint.