Update on December Grand Arena and Territory Wars Rewards [MEGA]

Prev1345
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
edited December 2018
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We previously mentioned that the Territory War Rewards for this month would be moved into Grand Arena, however that doesn’t effectively cover players who regularly play in Territory Wars and are below 85.

Instead, to simplify this process, we will be sending out regular (4x) inbox messages to all players Level 65 and higher with rewards comparable to what you could have earned in Territory Wars.

While this greatly simplifies the process, this isn’t a perfect solution; a very small number of top players (160M+ GP) who would have taken first each time might see slightly fewer rewards than they would have earned, however in the vast majority of cases, players will receive better rewards than they would have earned through Territory Wars.

Below you will find the rewards for one Territory War that would be earned by first-place guilds in the 160 million Galactic Power bracket. We will also be including an additional Territory Battle into this month’s schedule to further increase the overall rewards that you can receive.

First place rewards will be granted in place of the Territory Wars that would have begun on 12/19, 12/23, 12/27, and 12/31. Inbox messages containing those rewards will be delivered on that schedule. They will be available to be collected for three days each. See below for the full list of rewards that will be sent to your inbox:

Inbox Rewards:
  • Guild Currency x1600
  • Guild Event Tokens x500
  • Credits x650000
  • Ability Material Mk3 x5
  • Omega Ability Material x4
  • Zeta Ability Material x3
  • Assorted Gear Salvage

Inbox Dates:
  • 12/19 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
  • 12/23 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
  • 12/27 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox
  • 12/31 UTC 8:00 am - Last for 3 days in the inbox

Changes to Grand Arena Rewards

Additionally, we are adding more rewards to the Grand Arena. Grand Arenas will now reward omegas and zetas (depending on how well you do). To accommodate the increased rewards, we are slightly reducing the salvage. Here are the rewards for the upcoming Grand Arenas in December.
Please note that there is a bug with the Grand Arena UI that only allows us to display 3 rewards at this time, but you will receive all the rewards listed for the rank you achieve.

Event 3 - December 20th:
wCKrkAh.png
EDIT: Wrong Stun gun was displayed as a reward

Event 4 - December 28th:
aMVjuS4.png

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• <reserved>
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So how do we get the 40x MK12 Czerka Hypo Syringe Prototype to pair with the MK 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun Salvage rewards to complete the MK 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun?

Edit: To clarify, this is asked because this is a G12+ piece that is HSTR only.

HSTR rewards both G12+ salvage required for this piece at equal portions, meaning you will always hit the requirements of both pieces at the same time through the raid

So anyone wanting to use their rewards from GA Event 3 will need to spend Crystals/Money on packs?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    First place rewards will be granted in place of the Territory Wars that would have begun on 12/19, 12/23, 12/27, and 12/31

Thank you
  • What about the people who were unable to get any rewards from the GA because the bugs that prevented them from competing?
  • Lol. Why didn't you guys post this before you put out the other announcement about 3v3?

Now I have to blow out my torch and put my pitchfork away. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Edison wrote: »
    So how do we get the 40x MK12 Czerka Hypo Syringe Prototype to pair with the MK 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun Salvage rewards to complete the MK 12 ArmaTek Stun Gun?

Please address this. Given that these pieces drop in matched sets in the Sith raid, and no place else this feels like a predatory move to extort 4,000 crystals from GA winners.

Especially given that we now know they won’t be the reward in our next GA either.

• Nocho wrote: »
    What about the people who were unable to get any rewards from the GA because the bugs that prevented them from competing?
    There are approximately 300 players who were completely locked out and we are taking care of them manually through support. Please send in a ticket if you haven't already
  • CG_Erik
    30 posts EA Administrator
    edited December 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol. Why didn't you guys post this before you put out the other announcement about 3v3?

That's the downside to only having one studio laptop ;)
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol. Why didn't you guys post this before you put out the other announcement about 3v3?

What??? You mean people totally overreacted 5 minutes after the GA announcement was posted? I don't believe that for a second, haha.
  • @CG_SBCrumb will the inbox messages providing TW rewards also increase counters in quests for winning Territory Wars?
  • @CG_SBCrumb will the inbox messages providing TW rewards also increase counters in quests for winning Territory Wars?

99.999% will not increase the counters. I'll come back and revise this if I'm wrong.
  • Cool were getting compensated for the TW missing this December but what's the scheduling gonna look like moving forward?are GA and TW going to run at the same time in the future or will it be one then the other? Cause if it's the latter the GA rewards should be juiced again.

Plus a GA exclusive toon as a reward should totally be added, I don't give a rats about extra mod salvage
  • raybron99
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I love GA, but am SUPER disappointed that the next GA will give tank loot. Other than golden eyeballs, tank loot is not high need.

What??? You mean people totally overreacted 5 minutes after the GA announcement was posted? I don't believe that for a second, haha.

To be fair, it's been 3 hours. I was already on my 2nd torch.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Edison wrote: »

HSTR rewards both G12+ salvage required for this piece at equal portions, meaning you will always hit the requirements of both pieces at the same time through the raid

So anyone wanting to use their rewards from GA Event 3 will need to spend Crystals/Money on packs?

We just realized this is incorrect (the gear IDs we were working off of behind the scenes were transposed). Crumb will update the image (and the other post) momentarily to the correct gear salvage.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

To be fair, it's been 3 hours. I was already on my 2nd torch.

Not to mention it looks like devs put in over time for this announcement as its 2 hours past quitting time.
  • CG_Erik wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »

We just realized this is incorrect (the gear IDs we were working off of behind the scenes were transposed). Crumb will update the image (and the other post) momentarily to the correct gear salvage.

Thanks for the quick response and update (first time a question of mine has been answered, and I didn't have to tag anyone which is awesome!) Had me worried, but didn't want to jump to the worst conclusions.
  • I don't post much on the forums anymore but I did want to say 5v5 GA was a blast and am really looking forward to 3v3 GA. The inclusion of Zetas as prizes is amazing, thank you!
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • GA is just a way to nerf TW rewards.
  • So to be clear,only guilds in bracket 160+ Mil will recieve missed TW rewards and nobody below that
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    So to be clear,only guilds in bracket 160+ Mil will recieve missed TW rewards and nobody below that
    @newbornFL
    How do you figure that out? Everyone Lvl 65+ is getting the rewards guilds of 120M+ GP get for winning, 4 times.

Vast chunks of the player base are getting better rewards than they could ever have hoped for if they actually participated in 4 x TW.

• What I understood from that post (as non english speaker) was that only those in the higher brackets (160 mil + ) would be getting the rewards
  • Ah - apologies, didn’t appreciate there was translation going on.

What they are saying is that some guilds of 160M+ GP might actually get lower rewards from this process - but only if they had won all 4 of their TWs.

Everyone below 160M GP is getting the same or better (in some cases MUCH better) rewards even if they’d won all 4 of their TWs.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Nocho wrote: »
    What about the people who were unable to get any rewards from the GA because the bugs that prevented them from competing?
    There are approximately 300 players who were completely locked out and we are taking care of them manually through support. Please send in a ticket if you haven't already

I put in a ticket 45355963, it was marked resolved as I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone and emails with the reps and he confirmed it was a bug and closed the ticket. Should I put in a second ticket?
  • Nocho wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Nocho wrote: »

I put in a ticket 45355963, it was marked resolved as I spent a good 45 minutes on the phone and emails with the reps and he confirmed it was a bug and closed the ticket. Should I put in a second ticket?

@CG_SBCrumb
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    What I understood from that post (as non english speaker) was that only those in the higher brackets (160 mil + ) would be getting the rewards
    I think is for every one
  • Not seeing inbox rewards as scheduled.

Same here.

Ah good, thought it was just me.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    In 10 minutes they will post it was a mistake.

CG : ops, I did it again.