No TW reward at 8am UTC

Prev1
That, me and many other didn't get the scheduled rewards for the 12/19 at 8am UTC...

Replies

• Yeah, just want to make a post so the problem get noticed by CG
  • Same here. No reward as scheduled.
  • Hmm, nobody received the rewards in my guild yet...

Really love how CG puts out a memo announcing TW makeup rewards then hours later fails to deliver said rewards.
  • UTC = up to CG

What you thought they were using existing time zones?
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    UTC = up to CG

exactly this
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    UTC = up to CG

Yeah mb, going to delete this :(
  • I just posted in the mega thread and asked if it was me confusing the time zones, but then this thread came up. :|
  • Calm down people -.- How impatient can you be?
  • Surprised?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Switcheroo wrote: »
    Calm down people -.- How impatient can you be?
    In this case it has less to do with impatience, but more with the instant fear that anything has gone wrong again and CG didn't notice so far! ;)
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Switcheroo wrote: »
    In this case it has less to do with impatience, but more with the instant fear that anything has gone wrong again and CG didn't notice so far! ;)

More to do with bad communication from cg as usual.
  • Switcheroo wrote: »

LOL impatient? Its just someone not reaching a schedule they self proposed... And I clearly remember how some people lost some TB rewards on September and got it at the end of november... If they can be so delayed, yeah, I'm posting a problem at the same time I have it
  • UTC = Utmost Time Convenient
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I don't care when I get the rewards. I care that they keep saying things will happen and then those things don't happen.

If you aren't going to send out rewards at 8am UTC, don't say you will do that. Problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I am going to guess that they meant 8 am UTC on 19 december in California. To normal sane people this is 08:00 20/12/2018 UTC.

This makes sense, since will require pushing an update, which normally happens on Wednesdays.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Trias that's not correct at all. The offset between California (PST) and UTC is -8 hrs. So 08:00 UTC is 00:00 PST. Same calendar day.

The whole point of UTC is the "Universal". If you're expressing a time as "UTC" then it's the same globally.
  • some players of my guild already received the rewards. but most of the guild members didn't get it.
  • Gascharack wrote: »
    some players of my guild already received the rewards. but most of the guild members didn't get it.

I think they trolling
  • Gascharack wrote: »
    some players of my guild already received the rewards. but most of the guild members didn't get it.

Are you screwing with everyone? Nobody in my guild or in my shard chat got them yet.
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't care when I get the rewards. I care that they keep saying things will happen and then those things don't happen.

If you aren't going to send out rewards at 8am UTC, don't say you will do that. Problem solved.

You nailed it with this comment. I don't really care about the rewards, but I have a huge problem with CG saying they'll do something then promptly not doing that thing they just told the community they'll do.
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I actually think it's almost funny. Could have avoided all confusion by just not including a time. Or even better simiply follow through with what say they're going to when they say they're going to do it like any good business that values their repeat customers.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ColtIce666 wrote: »
    I actually think it's almost funny. Could have avoided all confusion by just not including a time. Or even better simiply follow through with what say they're going to when they say they're going to do it like any good business that values their repeat customers.

They also could have avoided confusion by announcing the new GA structure and the makeup TW rewards at the same time, instead of doing the latter several hours later.

Said it before, I think they enjoy the chaos.
  • Life goes on.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    Life goes on.

Yeah but at what time? And UTC?
  • EliteR3b3L
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Dunno will have to consult with the elder tribe.
  • TVF wrote: »
    EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    Life goes on.

Yeah but at what time? And UTC?

Hahahhaa
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    1-800-Rewards now, i want em now.
  • How can you trust a thing they say when this right here is the most consistent way they deal with us, the consumer..

Promise one thing and a certain time and then fail to deliver.

Didn't they also say they were pushing an update yesterday to fix some annoying bugs. I did not see this update.