Us English players get rinsed in the store.

We get charged GBP in the store whilst other players pay the same amount but in another currency (EUR/ USD etc)...given GBP is worth more than any other currency us English players are getting a seriously bad deal, we are effectively paying 15% more than our European neighbours...and probably 35% more than US players given the current exchange rates...

Is there a way to pay in other currencies? I have a multi currency card that is much more efficient that paying in GBP...or can CG PLEASE take the currency exchange into account!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Replies

• Mate, Here in Australia, our prices are in Australian dollars, only we pay about 40% more. I have a US bank account and at times have changed my google payment method and paid in in USD and then the prices drop down to more reasonable amounts. If on android, go to payments.google and wallet.google.
  • Deal with it Limey!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    This American has never heard the word "rinsed" used in this manner but getting clean seems like a good thing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarControl
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    dyvbi9onm1q7.png

It is very simple, iPhone xr starts at $799 in usa
    In UK it starts at 799 GBP

But you can have someone buy it in usa and bring it to you for $799
  • That's what happens when you have a bunch of extra taxes on stuff.
  • I should probably add that depending on which state in USA you buy the phone, state tax will be added, % varies, from 0 to 10% depending on state.
    So could be $879
  • Wait until they brexit then, you guys buried your own graves.
    Greetings from Belgium!
  • did wonder how long Brexit would take to come up...not a brexiteer though ha
    Roon wrote: »
    Mate, Here in Australia, our prices are in Australian dollars, only we pay about 40% more. I have a US bank account and at times have changed my google payment method and paid in in USD and then the prices drop down to more reasonable amounts. If on android, go to payments.google and wallet.google.

I will try that out Roon!

• Shouldn’t have taxed our tea back in the day
  • Roon wrote: »
    Mate, Here in Australia, our prices are in Australian dollars, only we pay about 40% more. I have a US bank account and at times have changed my google payment method and paid in in USD and then the prices drop down to more reasonable amounts. If on android, go to payments.google and wallet.google.

going to need a VPN to change the address to a US address because google uses IP address to determine location. I've had so much rubbish with VPN apps, is there a reliable one you know of?
  • Deal with it Limey!

I, a digital lime am dealing with it
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    US English players as in US players based in England or US players who speak English?
  • Tbuono89 wrote: »
    Shouldn’t have taxed our tea back in the day

Lol I busted out laughing when I read this, nice one.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • TVF wrote: »
    US English players as in US players based in England or US players who speak English?

People in England
  • This has been covered before there’s nothing that can be done because of a variety of reasons—VAT, conversion rates, etc.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    daws901 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

People in England

I know.
  • daws901 wrote: »
    Roon wrote: »

going to need a VPN to change the address to a US address because google uses IP address to determine location. I've had so much rubbish with VPN apps, is there a reliable one you know of?

I would advise caution before doing this. I've heard of accounts being banned for manipulating which store crystals are bought from.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF wrote: »
    This American has never heard the word "rinsed" used in this manner but getting clean seems like a good thing.

Yanks have a weak amount of slang compared to Brits ;)