Free Chromium Pack

Prev1
Since you are refunding the drones that blindly click-to-buy ... can I have a free pack too? Thanks mates. Cheers.

Replies

• Options
    Why though? You didn’t waste your crystals by mistake...
  • Options
    AKapkan wrote: »
    Why though? You didn’t waste your crystals by mistake...

Because they get refund and keep whatever they pulled, giving them an advantage for their stupidity.
  • Options
    can i still buy a chromium by "mistake" and get the refund?
  • Options
    I want to double dip too
  • Options
    Neribas wrote: »
    can i still buy a chromium by "mistake" and get the refund?

I would transfer the 70 shard shop currency most ppl got if i could :). Well i dont have any, but i would if it would relieve the tension....
  • Options
    a long time ago i bought a IV carbanti by accident thinking i was buying a III carbanti.

i asked for a reversal and for them to remove the carbanti from inventory and give back the crystals because it was a mistake.

they didnt refund and apologized that they couldnt because it was mistake on my end. i understood at the time but hearing this makes me mad.

they shouldnt get a refund or we should all get a free chromium. selective forgiveness for mistakes is a very bad thing to hear.

very disheartening to hear this
  • Options
    I am toying with the idea of submitting a ticket asking for my free chromium (or 10 CW Chewie shards or whatever), think it has any chance of success?
  • Options
    a long time ago i bought a IV carbanti by accident thinking i was buying a III carbanti.

i asked for a reversal and for them to remove the carbanti from inventory and give back the crystals because it was a mistake.

they didnt refund and apologized that they couldnt because it was mistake on my end. i understood at the time but hearing this makes me mad.

I share your pain! Who among us did not accidentally buy a mk IV stun gun thinking it was a mk V when they first showed up in shipments? I know I did ... but I only did it once! And nobody to blame but myself for failing to read ... a lesson well learned.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I am toying with the idea of submitting a ticket asking for my free chromium (or 10 CW Chewie shards or whatever), think it has any chance of success?

lol ... not a chance
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

lol ... not a chance

Thought so, but did it anyway. Now let's wait for a response...
  • Options
    It seems fair to refund the crystals to those that made the mistake if a free chromium pack is given to those that didn't.
  • Options
    This isn't exactly a blind giveaway of crystals. They're only refunding based on timestamp and when you made the purchase. I don't know what the cutoff is, but the other caveat is that they're only giving back compensation for one pack. So, if you were dumb like me, and kept seeing the flag saying "buy your pack", and didn't question the reward until you saw 12 Sion shards, well, you were out 700 crystals quickly. I'm just glad they're giving me something back, but I really didn't need 7 Nihilus's and 12 Sion's.

On the flip side, I have to say, those weren't the most horrible drops for those packs!
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

they shouldnt get a refund or we should all get a free chromium. selective forgiveness for mistakes is a very bad thing to hear.

very disheartening to hear this

Oh boo. Maybe if you were smart enough to accidentally buy 3 chromium packs with your eyes half open at 6am you’d be rich like me. A partial refund and 10 Zeb shards (converted to whatever shard currency that is). I’m rich, ****!!
    Post edited by BrashSchwartz on
  • Tbuono89
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What’s sad is that most if not all of you are fully grown adults and are complaining about not getting a little reward for being such good listeners l. LOL
  • Options
    Tbuono89 wrote: »
    What’s sad is that most if not all of you are fully grown adults and are complaining about not getting a little reward for being such good listeners l. LOL

371canfp1iql.jpg

And most if not all of the fully grown adults that get to complain about their own stupidity are rewarded? What hypocritical logic is this? This rewards stupidity, incompetence, and a low bar for purchasing comprehension. It is silly.

Either give nobody reimbursements or give everybody something comparable to what was lost. Perhaps make updates more user friendly in introducing players to changes when players encounter them. Maybe provide easier access to the patch notes with an in-game update screen under the mailbox tab. There are many ways to slice this cake, no one answer is the correct way, and I guarantee people will still complain.

Yes, people complaining about little things is asinine. However, remember where you are. These are the official forums and logically the easiest way for arguments from both sides to be heard. I personally believe that the players made their mistake and shouldn't be rewarded for their lack of awareness. That can aggravate many customers though, and CG most likely realizes this; therefore their quick solution is to reimburse their customers' mistake and hopefully not lose another wallet due to poor customer support. The flipside is that the goody-two-shoes competently-aware people-who-read-good feel like they're missing out on free stupidity rewards and want prizes as well.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Tbuono89 wrote: »

No. Looks like you didn't understand it at all. People are complaining because players are being rewarded for not paying attention to what they buy.
  • Options
    Exactly what I think. Why the one who is mindlessly tapping on the screen should be in plus? lf the one is not paying attention on what he or she is doing thats does not mean (s)he should be rewards for that!
    Then reward all other for thinking what they are doing
  • Options
    So, the answer to my ticket is in and it's even worse than expected. They didn't even bother to read it and instead gave a canned reply as if I actually bought the chromium. The EA customer service really is a joke...
  • Options
    Update on the ticket: It worked, got crystals!
  • Options
    I got some Urorouruurur shards, man you guys who pay attention are totally missing out!
  • Options
    It's because of automatic conditioned response. Once the day's reset happens, for 1+ years many of us have scrolled all the way right and clicked the last thing on the list because we do it every day. It was only done once and big whoop. Seems like you're more mad that you didn't do it and get something for free.

Yeah, I got 10 ima-gun di shards. Had him 7* for over 6 months. I'm perfectly fine with them taking back the shard store currency I got for his shards if they want.

But hey, we all can't be perfect human beings like so many of you claim to be. :tongue:
  • Options
    I accidentally bought a chromium pack by mistake before the change, and I didn't complain about it. I realized I made a mistake because I wasn't paying attention and moved on.
  • Options
    There are some truly outstanding, selfless and mentally heroic people playing this game. I applaud you for your intution, your powerful observational skills, and your brilliant deductive reasoning.

If I could give you all my Ugnaught shards I would do so in a heartbeat.

Merry Christmas, you saints amongst men.
  • Options
    There are some truly outstanding, selfless and mentally heroic people playing this game. I applaud you for your intution, your powerful observational skills, and your brilliant deductive reasoning.

We don't do what we do for ugnaught shards, not even cup shards. We do what we do for love of game.
  • Options
    That bright red dot 🔴 should also be part of that conditioning that has been learned
  • Options
    The ultimate way to make it fair would be to wait until the people who submitted tickets for their 350 crystal reimbursement have all been taken care of, then give the rest of the players a free chromium.

That said, I'm not really bothered that some people got a free chromium and I didn't. It's not "rewarding stupidity." It's understanding that people make mistakes and that this change caused a lot of people to make the same mistake.
  • Options
    If nothing else, the fact that no one has been happy they bought a chromium should tell them that chromium packs need replaced with something people actually want. If it gave shards that were still relevant people may not be as mad they accidentally purchased one. So maybe add some shards of some actually relevant characters.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My mistake chromium gave my 20 nighsister shard that i converted in shard shop.

So is not a big deal.

It s not like i got a free Revan from that chromium
  • Options
    If nothing else, the fact that no one has been happy they bought a chromium should tell them that chromium packs need replaced with something people actually want. If it gave shards that were still relevant people may not be as mad they accidentally purchased one. So maybe add some shards of some actually relevant characters.

People got good pulls and still complained, check the original thread
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Thank you!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH