Missing nodes on GA display map

I'm in the bracket that is supposed to have 10 defensive teams. As you can see from the image, it's only showing 2 nodes on the front territories, but when you click on them, it says 0/3 teams placed. Looks like these are both showing only 2 nodes even though there are 3 teams to set on defense. This needs to be fixed or you're going to have a lot of people not realizing they need to set 3 teams there.

9ivmtmx586sx.jpg

Replies

• Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's always been visually incorrect. It's poor programming and design by CG and they know it's a bad visual problem.

If you look at your dialog it says "0/3" . That means you can set 3 teams in that section.

Ignore the graphics, look at the text.
  • Yeah, obviously I know it's visually incorrect. That's why I posted about it. Letting other people know so they don't screw up and leave defensive slots open.
  • I messed up for exactly this reason. I posted 4 strong squads in the front and then four more in the back. Then I realized I had three more spots to fill in the front. So unfortunately I have two weaker squads in front.

So two suggestions. First, the interface should display the correct number of nodes. Second, we should be able to remove a squad if we determine there’s a better way to deploy it.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So yeah be carefull when deploying the visuals don't match with what is actually required for 2.75 mil GP .
    7bm7uqa5e515.png

Be carefull when deploying as you'll most likely deploy 2/3 and not 3/3 and you'll end up with less than normal if you are not carefull enough

imb4 complaints when the Grand Arena starts

This is **not** a bug report just a community alert so everyone be carefull when deploying. It's just a gimmick.
  • Yeah, I messed up my defence based on that, put two relatively strong teams at the back of one section that would have been better as the thirds at the front as I didn't know I needed 3 based on the image. Ah well.
  • At least you guys realized that before finishing the defense phase. I setted my defense real Quick, so I had no time to Watch it closely. The result? I have 8 teams on defense instead of 10, just like 2 other players from my guild. An visual improvement should really help us to don't mess up like this again.
  • It's very misleading only having two circles on the front territories in grand arena. I thought I only had to set two and didnt realise it was three until I saw my opponent has more starting points than me. Thanks very much! 7eybiazi1b8q.jpg
  • Yeah half my guild did the same mistake, lopsided GA this time. I'm pretty **** but what can you do. End of the day it was my fault. That's the spirit of GA the person who makes the least mistakes wins and my opponent won yesterday so merry Christmas guy.
  • I was provided 2 circles in each territory for a total of 8 squads. Upon launch of attack phase, my opponent displays 2 squads but it says he has 3/3 set. For me it says 2/3 squads set.

I took screenshot of the table after I had set my defensive squads. I have attached that along with current display of mine and my opponent's territory.

I subsequently realized that I should have been presented with 3 squads to fill in each front territory, but I was never given option to set 3 squads.

mpd8gkzs1iui.jpg

gtljjc6qvk3b.jpg

2r3nuexdix7p.jpg
  • I too noticed this but when offense started I only faced 8 teams just like I set 8 myself. I understand it's possible my enemy and I both didn't realize this but has anyone actually fought 10 teams when there is a graphic with 8? Or are those 2 teams getting lost on defense?
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190560/3v3-grand-arena#latest

You should pay a bit more of attention...
    Surely you're in the bracket that needs 10 or 11 teams...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • BlackIrish wrote: »
    I was provided 2 circles in each territory for a total of 8 squads. Upon launch of attack phase, my opponent displays 2 squads but it says he has 3/3 set. For me it says 2/3 squads set.

I took screenshot of the table after I had set my defensive squads. I have attached that along with current display of mine and my opponent's territory.

I subsequently realized that I should have been presented with 3 squads to fill in each front territory, but I was never given option to set 3 squads.

mpd8gkzs1iui.jpg

gtljjc6qvk3b.jpg

2r3nuexdix7p.jpg

You were given the option, you just didn’t see it like many others. Sucks but I believe they said last time it was brought up it’s very low in the priority list.
  • newbornFL wrote: »

This is **not** a bug report just a community alert so everyone be carefull when deploying. It's just a gimmick.

Yeah, and of course there's a thread now with a bunch of people who got confused on this. I sent about 3-4 warnings throughout the 24 hour period on my guild chat and in our guild discord to make sure everyone in our guild knew.
  • newbornFL wrote: »

Yeah, and of course there's a thread now with a bunch of people who got confused on this. I sent about 3-4 warnings throughout the 24 hour period on my guild chat and in our guild discord to make sure everyone in our guild knew.

There are several issues with this.

1) People that didn't have the issue last time have it this time around.
    2) Many people probably presumed (apparently foolishly) that CG would fix known bugs before launching the event again.
    3) Being right before Christmas, many don't have time to be as diligent about checking forums for more bugs (although an in-game announcement by CG would have helped - but that would have taken accountability and a proactive approach, neither of which CG is particularly good at).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No one from my guild realized it. Honestly we don’t at the forums that much. CG could and should have sent an in game notification out on this.
  • I didnt catch this until an hour before launch.
  • My opponent didnt get it either, he set 2 teams less. And this is very annoying, due such poor visual design about 30% of playerbase, or even more, didnt set defence right. Why this is not corrected yet? Rules must be obvious, or GA dont have a sense at all! CG, you must to do something, and make it quick!
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

There are several issues with this.

1) People that didn't have the issue last time have it this time around.
    2) Many people probably presumed (apparently foolishly) that CG would fix known bugs before launching the event again.
    3) Being right before Christmas, many don't have time to be as diligent about checking forums for more bugs (although an in-game announcement by CG would have helped - but that would have taken accountability and a proactive approach, neither of which CG is particularly good at).

Yeah, I know....that's why I started this thread about 5 minutes after the match-making happened....because I wasn't in a bracket that had the issue last time so it was new for me and I knew there would be people out there confused by it.
  • Last GA MY BRACKET had 2 squads each territory so why would this one be any different right ? Lol nope , I set 2 less defensive than my opponent. Was so ticked . i was going by the maps number of dots . Glad to see I'm not the only one that ran into this
  • There are three threads about it...but forum users say it’s our fault because we didn’t read the forum. Ooookay.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    I was provided 2 circles in each territory for a total of 8 squads. Upon launch of attack phase, my opponent displays 2 squads but it says he has 3/3 set. For me it says 2/3 squads set.

If you wish to prove any bug with those screenshots, please present a screenshot from the set up phase of a similar view as this:
    2r3nuexdix7p.jpg

I'm sure you will see a small "x/3" in the corner. If it's instead "x/2" then you wil have a point and should report it as a bug.

• Usually I’m not complaining on how the game is run, but on this particular aspect I’m kinda ****. When you change a game mode, you take extra caution making things clear. The « 3 defensive spots » territory is everything but clear. You should have put 3 nodes or a warning text « are you sure you want to leave this territory unfilled » or something. The learning curve should be about how to make 3 toons teams, not about « what are the fine prints in this new mode ». Because that’s what it is : a fine print, lawyer bull**** type. My game is already lost, competing against a well organized player. If I had realise I needed two more defensive teams, we could have had a fight. Nothing like that here.

Lately you’ve been very low on some aspects, the main one being communication. Two advices for me, lover of the game and mainly appreciative of your work : compensate the players, and hire more people.
  • Yup, I fell for it.
    Knowing myself I might forget it again over the course of the next days, thus setting only 2/3 again. Especially with the coming holidays and when there'll be other stuff on my mind and schedule.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    BlackIrish wrote: »

mpd8gkzs1iui.jpg

gtljjc6qvk3b.jpg

2r3nuexdix7p.jpg

We know and it sucks. You were given the option to set 3 squads though. It was displayed when you go into the territory as x/3