Since when does ig-86 with Offense up only crit 5k?

I've been seeing some wildly varying damage lately...for examply my Ig-86 with Offense up only critted 5k on a shot that should have killed enemy Dooku. Anyone notice this?

Replies

• Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    I've just resigned myself to the notion any Droid synergies are just ganna be destroyed in favor of sith and jedi teams. Just let it happen.
  • It's not just droid teams. Damage has become wildly inconsistent across the board.
  • Hell my QG has called Poe ten times in a row lol. I can chalk that up to bad luck(and yes im in an arena 'cold streak') where everything that can go wrong does. But the fact of the matter is that should not affect damage. For any toons.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Hell my QG has called Poe ten times in a row lol. I can chalk that up to bad luck(and yes im in an arena 'cold streak') where everything that can go wrong does. But the fact of the matter is that should not affect damage. For any toons.

I'd also be scratching my head if I seen that kind of damage from i86. He's my hero and generally that shot would have smeared Dooku all over the pavement
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Poor droids, being ninja nerfed :'(
  • One by one, the Penguins steal my sanity.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    Poor droids, being ninja nerfed :'(

Are you confirming this?
  • Horse_Cosby
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm convinced that everyone perceiving damage nerfs are simply running without Sid for the first time in a while.
  • Are you talking about his basic or special? Special i usually get 8-12k depending on crit or not but basic i think that is about what he hits for. Mine does have suprisingly low damage rarely.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Hopefully it goes even lower forever!
  • His basic can go around 3-5k but critical it is usually 7-8k from what I see.
  • I'm convinced that everyone perceiving damage nerfs are simply running without Sid for the first time in a while.

Yeah no. I've been running a number of companies it true. But nothing accounts for this. Remember. Offense Up
  • Horse_Cosby
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I would look at the buff being the issue (not working for whatever reason) rather than the character being nerfed.

86's (at full level, stars and gear) damage range multiplied by his CD (1.65 iirc) should put his crits at 5,453-6,024 which is in the wheelhouse of your estimation.

Hitting in the neighborhood of 5k with a 50% buff applied would suggest his base-damage crits without Offense Up are around 3.5k...

Is that consistent with what your seeing?

(edited for typo)
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    I just used him in arena, base attack crit for around 5k, assist crit for 8k or so. This was without any boosts.
  • With poggle lead and off up my 86 regularly crits for 8600 on his basic. Sometimes I am dissapointed to see his special only hitting for a meager 6500 with the same offense buff. So yeah it does seem to be erratic.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I would look at the buff being the issue (not working for whatever reason) rather than the character being nerfed.

86's (at full level, stars and gear) damage range multiplied by his CD (1.65 iirc) should put his crits at 5,453-6,024 which is in the wheelhouse of your estimation.

Hitting in the neighborhood of 5k with a 50% buff applied would suggest his base-damage crits without Offense Up are around 3.5k...

Is that consistent with what your seeing?

(edited for typo)

I have him maxed and sometimes use him in arena

His crits on his main attack are that much before offense up. His special crits for 10-12k with offense up (pretty sure on this)
  • @J7000 I'm not disputing that he should be doing way more damage; I'm saying that I find it more likely that the offense up is failing to apply than the character suffering a nerf.

• And just to clarify - I'm trying to determine if OP is seeing diminished damage even when offense up is not part of the equation?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    And just to clarify - I'm trying to determine if OP is seeing diminished damage even when offense up is not part of the equation?

I'm not arguing just was sharing what I've observed with him. You may be right about offense up bugging out. I dunno, there are a lot of mysteries and strange variances with stats in the game.
  • I actually have. I'm not saying 86 was stealth nerfed. I am wondering if a bug was introduced in an update. I have seen my GS do a measly 1k damage in GW with his main(no Offense buff) which is also low. I know there is damage variance, but I'm noticing a much larger variance than previously... Probably within the past couple weeks.
  • I need numbers - gear lvl, char level, stars, ability levels. Team comp (incl. allies) as well as enemy team comp... Get me this data and we will get to the bottom of this together, bro.
  • Screen caps work best if you wanna save some some time.
  • Both max star max gear. With the exception of GS who doesn't have the purple blowdryers. 86 is fully maxed gear.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Offense down debuff?

This.
    When you have both Offense Up and down, the only icon that appears is Offense Up, but you get both.
    If the OP was fighting HK 47, Ben, Poe etc, probably was debuffed without knowing it
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Offense down debuff?

This.
    When you have both Offense Up and down, the only icon that appears is Offense Up, but you get both.
    If the OP was fighting HK 47, Ben, Poe etc, probably was debuffed without knowing it

Yeah i'd say definitely debuffed, which from my experience running a droid team in arena where:

buff+debuff= the original unbuffed damage =P

I also use IG 86 in GW so if there was any nerfs to him i definitely would have noticed by now lol