Grand Arena GP unfair

2Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    knox_md wrote: »
    I am curious if someone knows what is the EA vision related to the players of this game. For example what would they want players to do: try to collect all chars? Or avoid collecting to many chars? Try to collect chars only if it is possible to also level them to G12? Participate in events? Or not participate?

To maximize profit - and that's ok.
    The game can be played and enjoyed in several different ways. It's up to each individual player to decide how he/she prefers to play the game.
    - unfair matchmaking in GA,
    Current matchmaking is fair. No, not even, but fair.
    - limit available useful gear, but give you "for free" plenty of gear you can never use.
    - same with upgrade materials (what is the reason of having the white and green ability upgrade materials?),

Limiting the availability of character shards, gear, crystals and what not is required to create demand for their products and to make profit. Nothing unusual here.
    - penalize you if you upgrade your characters (e.g. in GA, once it was the same for Galactic Wars)

Also known as giving an incentive to build a strong roster - and possibly spend money in the process.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    In this GA I am actually the only one with a Revan and/or with a Millenium Falcon. Guess who does not look forward to it at all - this is going to be boring for three opponents and myself. At 3.1M GP this is pretty unusual. Should I (as a f2p) be matched with a whale because my fellow f2p failed to get a competitive roster? At some point you have to hold yourself responsible for the roster you developed. GA has been introduced about half a year ago and i still see people enlarging their fluff but complaining at the same time. Of course matchmaking is not perfect, but besides some known issues the devs are not responsible for guiding anybodys account development.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Like I said, I am pretty sure their only idea is "frustrate players into paying money".

And that isn't really a good long-term strategy to bind your customers!

I worked over ten years for sales and distribution, and a main key for success and satisified customers was that they should LOVE the purchase they made! And honestly, if someone just bought sth. out of frustration, it will be regret most of the time shortly after. These aren't good feelings connected to a specific buy, and won't very likely let you buy anything else from this store again soon.

So our sales assistents were instructed NOT to force someone to buy anything BUT to help them to find, what they need AND to go home with a good feeling after purchasing. That's how you transform 1-time-buyers into loyal customers ;)

Perhaps it would be a good idea for CG using a similar strategy within swgoh too, and instead of counting on "frustration purchases" they should sell some real incentives without punishing everyone else?

• rokota wrote: »
    Like I said, I am pretty sure their only idea is "frustrate players into paying money".

And that isn't really a good long-term strategy to bind your customers!

I worked over ten years for sales and distribution, and a main key for success and satisified customers was that they should LOVE the purchase they made! And honestly, if someone just bought sth. out of frustration, it will be regret most of the time shortly after. These aren't good feelings connected to a specific buy, and won't very likely let you buy anything else from this store again soon.

So our sales assistents were instructed NOT to force someone to buy anything BUT to help them to find, what they need AND to go home with a good feeling after purchasing. That's how you transform 1-time-buyers into loyal customers ;)

Perhaps it would be a good idea for CG using a similar strategy within swgoh too, and instead of counting on "frustration purchases" they should sell some real incentives without punishing everyone else?

Well, the video game industry is built on a very short life cycle, so I’d imagine their marketing strategies are more of a “get what you can while you can,” in which case it makes more sense to frustrate players into making impulse buys. Which they can do, since they have a super hot IP right now. I don’t know if most developers plan on their games lasting for more than a few years. I think that’s a mistake in the case of this game, because they’ve got a product that can last. Unfortunately they didn’t know that when it first rolled out, and once you start having success with one business model it’s tough to change it.
    For example, imagine if they added a bunch of new content that required a subscription to play (new raids, etc). Would the whales be upset that they couldn’t buy as big of an advantage over other players? Would the FTP be upset that they were actually locked out of content (rather than just being forced to wait longer)? Would the gains outweigh the costs? That’s an awful big risk to take if you know your market strategy is already working.
  • Im 4700 of division 4 against the 1100 of division 3.. he have g13 dr and malak and i have g11 dr no malak... How im i supposed to compete with that...