How realistic are my chances to finish my farmplans for Revan Event

Prev1
WiseJedi
218 posts Member
edited December 2018
I want to share my farming situation for Revan with you all and would like to share some thoughts about this. Should I finish my farming for Revan in time? zBastila is finished and stays at G12 due to her Arena Usage. T3 is finished. Mission is now at 10/100 which shouldn't be a problem anymore. Now there's just the big Question about Big Z and Jolee Bindo. Big Z is about 57/100. Bindo at 14/30. I'm farming Big Z via his 2 Nodes. After I finish Big Z I can focus on Bindo. What do you think about this? Is it realistic? Thank you all in advance for any answers.

Replies

• Options
    You will get them eventually, Since there is no clue for when revan will return, there is no way to predict how well your farm habits will work out. Just keep at it, That’s about the best you will get
  • Options
    Keep plugging away. I am guessing January but who really knows.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Id keep farming zaalbar in the hard node and bindo in both if i where u...
    U will need like a month to finish bindo with many refresh anyway :smile:

I started farming them since they are in hard nodes just 8 attemps a day and finished both zaalbar and bindo a week ago or two xD
  • Options
    I'm in about the same state as you, Revan will be back at latest 20th jan 2019 but I'm in doubt wether I will make it. The shard drop rate is awful
  • Options
    It's best to finish one farm before you move onto another or you'll have a bunch of unfinished farms.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    It's best to finish one farm before you move onto another or you'll have a bunch of unfinished farms.

disagree depending on the farm. better to up he cantina toons together imo that way you can spend(...) on each
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

disagree depending on the farm. better to up he cantina toons together imo that way you can spend(...) on each

Yeah but they'll never get anywhere if they jump around. There are too many things to go after. IIMHO, pick a goal and finish it. But also think about what's realistic as far as timeframes.

But with jolee at his current state, he'll probably be 2 Revan events before finished with farm. If he is closer to finishing another farm for another legendary/hero journey then I would finish that. But we don't have that info. So I agree it can depend, but in general finish a farm and be ready.
  • Options

Its not... It depends on the shard source, if its cantina it doesnt matter, but if its hard nodes its better to do 8 attemps in each toon node rather than 16 one 0 the other... It wil save u 25 gems a day and also if u end with 50/100 in both its much eaasyest to panicfarm them from shipments or extra refresh than with 100/100 in one and 0/100 in the other...
  • Options
    Thank you for all your replies. Since I play the game, finished my year, I could finish JTR, CLS and other important legendary toons. My next ones on the list were OG Chewie, Jedi Knight Revan and now C3PO. For Chewie I'm farming Bossk for his last stars. I couldn't start earlier with Bindo due to farming issues. So I was busy with RT for my JTR Team. If I finish in time perfect, if not I'm ready for the next event. As a f2p it's not a big suprise that I won't get legendary toons the very first time.
  • Options
    That Bindo and Big Z Combination and Ship Node allow my farming plan to fail. Anyway I try my best. At least I will be ready for the next time. I'd invest into refresh but in general the drop rate is below my expectation.
  • Options
    Why aren’t you farming both Zaalbar and Jolee at the same time? You get enough free energy to hit both their hard nodes daily. If you’re doubling up on Z it won’t hurt to also do 1x Jolee, since you’re probably also buying energy refills. Personally, if I were you I’d do 1x z and then triple on Jolee to catch up since he’s so far behind. If you’re getting all your free energy, that will only cost you 25 crystals a day (for the hard node refresh). 75 if you do 1 energy refresh. Should be easy, since you get 100 crystals just for doing your dailies (no matter what your rank). If you average 1/3 shards per attempt, it’ll take you around 800 attempts to finish Jolee. So, 100 days at 1/ day, or 33 days at 3/day. You’ll get Zaalbar either way, since at 2-3/ day it’ll only take 20ish days to finish him.
  • Options
    I need 27 zaalbar shards that’s all i think the event will return middle january
  • Options
    Jolee has a relatively good drop rate. But that is a long ways (everyone elae shoulld be able to be done in time). Make sure to use your 25 crystal refresh on the LS and DS guys. It helps a lot.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Yeah but they'll never get anywhere if they jump around. There are too many things to go after. IIMHO, pick a goal and finish it. But also think about what's realistic as far as timeframes.

But with jolee at his current state, he'll probably be 2 Revan events before finished with farm. If he is closer to finishing another farm for another legendary/hero journey then I would finish that. But we don't have that info. So I agree it can depend, but in general finish a farm and be ready.

oh yeah, I agree. op won't come close with bindo so it is better to slow farm OR and focus on other good ones in the meantime you mean, right? I just meant I think it's better to farm the two that both use the same energy at the same time, that way you can last-second panic crystal-farm them if needed
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Fear_77 wrote: »
    Jolee has a relatively good drop rate.

All drop rates are the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Big Z is about to finish the next day since he reached 99/100 shards. After this one shard I can primary focus on Jolee Bindo. I don't have the biggest hope to finish just in time but I do my best. Of course it depends on when JKR Event returns but this will not be an easy success.
    I wanted to finish Big Z before I could focus on Bindo.
  • Options
    I feel like you should try very hard to complete Jolee as well.
    For the very modest crystal outlay of 125 crystals ( of which you earn aproximately 100 of every day already, even if you are not making any in arenas) and assuming you catch all the free energy drops in game, you could refresh Jolee twice a day on his hard node (25 and 50 crystals, but that you leaves you 10 energy short, so one 50 crystal energy refresh as well to have the 110 energy for your 3 light side battles required by daily activity completion) and the ship node once for 32 Total sims a day.

That should net you an average of 10.66 shards per day.
    With 266 shards outstanding, that is only 26 days to complete.
    You know right now (since the event runs for 7 days and we get 7 days notice) you still have at least 14 days to go.

That means if they don’t annonce the event for 12 days, you can complete in time for only 650 Total negative crystals (again, assuming you have no arena/TB crystal income and minimum draws in the daily prize box).

I’d try it!
  • Options

2 pieces after 16 battles...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

2 pieces after 16 battles...

That's not a drop rate.
    TVF wrote: »

All drop rates are the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @TheJEFFtm First of all. Thx for your all your Motivation und Support like all other members here.
    I really appreciate all your support. Thank you all.

At the moment my situation is with Bindo (15/65). Now that I can focus on Bindo via his 2 Nodes.

Of course I catch all the free Energy and can farm both Nodes from Bindo with no Energy problem.

Sometimes I buy with crystals Bindo Shards to boost my farmingstats.
    Would you recommend to buy shards with crystals or invest only in refresh? I know refresh Bindo Node and buy Energy is more effective but what do you think about?

I reach in average ranking in my fleet arena about Top 5 so this allow me to invest crystals into my farmingplan to boost Bindofarming.
  • Options
    I personally would buying shards with crystals as well, at least until you hit 45/85.
    At that point (140 shards) to complete, you should be able to finish the farm in the 14 day window, from announcement to event completion without any further panic.
    (Likewise, you can ramp the farm down as you go so can divert resources to continue other farms - if the event still isn’t announced when you hit at least 73/85 or 112 shards to go, you can drop the 2nd hard node refresh and still average 8 shards per day.)
    I really do think that any crystals spent now (even though it is only supposition that Revan returns this month), is worth the cost of not having to go another 3-4 months without him
  • JonnyTheSkywalker
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    if you can refresh hard node 3 times a day it is totally doable.. I am talking about the worst case for you if the theories are right about him being back on 18th of this month . You can always buy the shards from shipments dont do it unless its last minute. Save it
  • Options
    If i were you id save crystals for the week of the event and hope for double drops. Or if double drops happens anytime before the event burn them all there.

Burning them daily though on refreshes is a good idea too though. Pick your poison.
  • Options
    I don't know why everyone thinks Revan will be back in January. I'm betting February at the earliest.
  • Options
    After some time I managed to boost Bindo's Shards up to 69/85 and Mission about 85/100. Is that enough panic farm to finish Bindo via normal energy farming strategy? I think Revan should reappear around February. So let's guess we got one month. I hope so. ;)
  • Options
    WiseJedi wrote: »
    After some time I managed to boost Bindo's Shards up to 69/85 and Mission about 85/100. Is that enough panic farm to finish Bindo via normal energy farming strategy? I think Revan should reappear around February. So let's guess we got one month. I hope so. ;)
    I hope for mid February.
    Need 140 ish shards for Mission
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You need to back burner Zalbar and use a refresh on every day on Jolee if you're going to finish before march. If you think you have that much time, keep on keeping on. However, if you think Revan will return in February, you need to massively adjust now.
    edit: http://www.swgoh.life/panic_kotor.html here is a tool to help you plan
  • Options
    I know it's generic advice and not an answer specific to the OP's question but I think it's worth repeating. If you're a dolphin or ftp, abandoning one farm to do another rarely works out. If your farming Revan now then stick with it regardless of whether you'll be done by event time. Switching farms usually just means having characters not worth much for a longer time than if you finish a character and move on. Multiply that for squad-specific events like C3P0 or Revan and the stall factor of farm hopping gets worse.