Hounds Tooth

Anyone else think Hounds Tooth needs nerfed? Ship is just way to overpowered.

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    It's not really. Google hounds tooth counters and u will be amazed. Ahsoka, tie advance, sith fighter, cassian's uwing, tie fighter and several others are very effective in taking the tooth out in a couple rounds if u play it right. I'm a huge hounds tooth fan but it's not invincible
  • Options
    Wow .... we get a good farmable ship and instead of farming it you want to nerf it
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Long answer: It's no more overpowered than Nest is on the ground. Do you think Nest should be nerfed too?

There are half a dozen ways to counter Hound's Tooth. My guess is that you tried "just beating on it until it dies," which is not one of them.

I had a 7* Hound's Tooth before it went farmable, piloted by a 7* G12 Bossk, but my shardmates still had no problem bumping me out of #1 every single day. And most of them are using typical Geo or Biggs/Vader/TIE lineups, nothing fancy.

Short answer: no. git gud.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Wow .... we get a good farmable ship and instead of farming it you want to nerf it

Shouldn't be surprised, people do this all the time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I think it’s too overpowered myself. Someone with 50k less power can beat me because of this ship. There are not enough counters to this, and the ones mentioned previously take too much effort and take away from general strategies. Needs to be nerfed ASAP.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

I think it’s too overpowered myself. Someone with 50k less power can beat me because of this ship. There are not enough counters to this, and the ones mentioned previously take too much effort and take away from general strategies. Needs to be nerfed ASAP.

I like how "too much effort" is a thing that requires a nerf instead.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I like how "too much effort" is a thing that requires a nerf instead.

Because there is too little effort that requires to obtain it. It’s already bad enough that it’s a farmable location for jango fett, which is a good character. Shouldn’t also be a farmable location for the probably the best ship in the game. If I had to purchase the hounds tooth, I’d expect it to be as powerful as it is, but there is no reason why it needs to be as powerful for a free ship.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    So it's too much effort to farm counters but too little effort to farm it.

Why don't you have it?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    So it's too much effort to farm counters but too little effort to farm it.

Why don't you have it?

First, come up with a better reason than analyzing every single word I type. All you are doing is muttling the conversation.

And just like any meta I am trying to farm it.
  • Options
    Target lock it, use Vader’s remove buff move and then both ties and Vader in one round.. problem solved..
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    And there's other counters too.

Stop asking for CG to solve your problem.
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Target lock it, use Vader’s remove buff move and then both ties and Vader in one round.. problem solved..

Thanks damodamo. I’ll try that and some of the counter moves I see on here. I assume you also use grand moff tarkin Capital ship with the heavy tie lineup?

TVF, provide some other counters that work then. Not saying it’s impossible to beat just it’s extremely difficult compared to the rest of the ships. And I’m also talking about non 7* HT and bosk
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Your own HT plus Thrawn.
    Reaper.
    Gauntlet.
    Bugs.
    Anakin.
    Vader and ITF as mentioned.
    Lots of options better than asking for a nerf.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of setting the best counters on defense in GA. Lost the round because I couldn’t kill his HT with the 3 remaining fleets I had :| It just soaked everything up until his Tarkin would ultimate :s
    EDOIDyg.jpg
  • Options
    Worried about HT on GA defense? Save your Thrawn capital ship for attack. Bam. Doesn't matter how awesome the opposing HT is - it's gone on Thrawn's 4th turn.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I heard Anakins ship is also a counter