Darth Malgus Concept

DarthVeritlyn
704 posts Member
edited December 2018
So I was rewatching the Old Republic cinematic advertisements for the millionth time and thought of some interestings ideas for a Darth Malgus kit. I know there's probably dozens of these posts, but I think this is a bit different so here it goes:

Darth Malgus: Dark Side, Sith, Support

Basic: I don't have a fancy name for this one, because it's just your basic lightsaber slash. Since Darth Vader based his style somewhat off of Malgus according to the Rule of Two book they should have a similar blade style.

Force Storm (Special): Darth Malgus raises his hand in the air and tendrils of lightning lance out at his opponents. The attack targets 3 opponents giving them shock with a max chance of 25% to stun 1 to all 3 of the targets. This special deals damage equal to 15% of the target's max health. This ability has a cool down of 4.

Force Rage (Special): Darth Malgus lashes out with an AoE Force Scream attack. This attack deals a max of 25% damage and debuffs the enemy team with defense down. The Zeta on this ability grants Sith allies a new buff called Rage that increases their attack strength by 10% for 1 turn. This ability has a cool down of 4.

Power Through Sacrifice (Unique): Darth Malgus was forced to kill his lover because he knew his enemies would use her against him. This ability takes inspiration from this by sacrificing the team member with the lowest health to fully heal Malgus. This ability has a cool down of 10, each time Rage is applied to an ally the cool down decreases by 1.
Post edited by DarthVeritlyn on

Replies

• Whatever it is, it should be a DS unlocked by DS. LS already has 5 only they unlock. DS needs one for a change.
  • So I was rewatching the Old Republic cinematic advertisements for the millionth time and thought of some interestings ideas for a Darth Malgus kit. I know there's probably dozens of these posts, but I think this is a bit different so here it goes:

Darth Malgus: Dark Side, Sith, Support

Basic: I don't have a fancy name for this one, because it's just your basic lightsaber slash. Since Darth Vader based his style somewhat off of Malgus according to the Rule of Two book they should have a similar blade style.

Force Storm (Special): Darth Malgus raises his hand in the air and tendrils of lightning lance out at his opponents. The attack targets 3 opponents giving them shock with a max chance of 25% to stun 1 to all 3 of the targets. This special deals no damage. This ability has a cool down of 4.

Force Rage (Special): Darth Malgus lashes out with an AoE Force Scream attack. This attack deals a max of 25% damage and debuffs the enemy team with defense down. The Zeta on this ability grants Sith allies a new buff called Rage that increases their attack strength by 10% for 1 turn. This ability has a cool down of 4.

Power Through Sacrifice (Unique): Darth Malgus was forced to kill his lover because he knew his enemies would use her against him. This ability takes inspiration from this by sacrificing the team member with the lowest health to fully heal Malgus. This ability has a cool down of 10, each time Rage is applied to an ally the cool down decreases by 1.

The force storm doing no dmg amd only stunning 3 max seems weak. Ep can tun the whole team and it does dmg. Nit sure why you'd sacrifice someone to keep a low dmg output character going. The kit needs more dmg potential to be viable with today's state of the game.
  • I think you're right about the lack of damage for Force Storm, I'll tweak that a bit to give it a decent amount of damage.
  • Whatever it is, it should be a DS unlocked by DS. LS already has 5 only they unlock. DS needs one for a change.
    Hear, hear