Biggest peave with this game

Kokie
1338 posts Member
After playing this game for quite some time with both my main and alt account I have discovered something that is irritating, annoying, infuriating and downright asinine. The total lack of parity in zeta mat drops from the ship challenges. I have tracked drops for the last 3 months for both accounts and my main account has acquired an outstanding 7 zeta mats in 3 months or not even 2 a month. My alt account on the other hand has received 37 in the same time frame. The difference of almost 2 full Zetas. Now while everyone goes through rough rng spells I would say this disparity is disturbing. I know nothing will ever change but simply wanted to vet some frustration as I just went 5 weeks straight with no zeta mat on my main account. I feel like a gambler who lost his soul to the devil in a rigged poker game.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Make your alt your main and your main your alt and rake in free zetas
  • you feel that way because swgoh is a rigged poker game.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Make your alt your main and your main your alt and rake in free zetas

Lol thought has crossed my mind. But my main takes 1st in fleet arena everyday while my alt is only top 50 at this point so I still get my zetas... just the hard way lol
  • Kokie wrote: »
    After playing this game for quite some time with both my main and alt account I have discovered something that is irritating, annoying, infuriating and downright asinine. The total lack of parity in zeta mat drops from the ship challenges. I have tracked drops for the last 3 months for both accounts and my main account has acquired an outstanding 7 zeta mats in 3 months or not even 2 a month. My alt account on the other hand has received 37 in the same time frame. The difference of almost 2 full Zetas. Now while everyone goes through rough rng spells I would say this disparity is disturbing. I know nothing will ever change but simply wanted to vet some frustration as I just went 5 weeks straight with no zeta mat on my main account. I feel like a gambler who lost his soul to the devil in a rigged poker game.

Well im in a similar boat. My main has 50+ zeta mats lying around while my alt has about 120 by now. But at the very least, there are way more means of getting zetas than back when it first came out.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Awww you have Vegas odds mindset confusion.

Odds dont continuer the more you do something. They start over each time you do it.

Take a penny. Flip it. What are the odds of it landing tails? 50 % thats your RNG for flipping a coin. You flip the coin 9 times. Lets say it lands tails all 9 times. You flip it a 10th time. What are the odds that its tails that tenth time? Really low rightf. Put a bet on it right?

Wrong. Its still 50% the penny doesnt care whats happened in the past. Its 1 flip with 2 possible outcomes.
  • Hate to say I just had 3 drop from challenges.
    Plus the ones we just got for TW. Plus one later at my fleet po and today was a great day!
    7 in one day!!! I’ll have C3’s second zeta ready for Xmas!
  • Awww you have Vegas odds mindset confusion.

Odds dont continuer the more you do something. They start over each time you do it.

Take a penny. Flip it. What are the odds of it landing tails? 50 % thats your RNG for flipping a coin. You flip the coin 9 times. Lets say it lands tails all 9 times. You flip it a 10th time. What are the odds that its tails that tenth time? Really low rightf. Put a bet on it right?

Wrong. Its still 50% the penny doesnt care whats happened in the past. Its 1 flip with 2 possible outcomes.

But the penny wasn’t programmed by Electronic Arts. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think this is true. The greater the sample size (repetition), the more likely the results from two sets with the same odds will even out. And three months is nearly 100 repetitions.

I think far more likely is that newer account have a better rate than older accounts. This would make sense from a business perspective because you need to find a way to maintain a population of end game players despite attrition. Without an accelerated curve for newer players you would end up with a very small pool of endgamers. And I have seen that same pattern happen in other games as they mature.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Easybee wrote: »
    Awww you have Vegas odds mindset confusion.

I don't think this is true. The greater the sample size (repetition), the more likely the results from two sets with the same odds will even out. And three months is nearly 100 repetitions.

I think far more likely is that newer account have a better rate than older accounts. This would make sense from a business perspective because you need to find a way to maintain a population of end game players despite attrition. Without an accelerated curve for newer players you would end up with a very small pool of endgamers. And I have seen that same pattern happen in other games as they mature.

I believe you may be correct...even credit heist seems to drop higher for my newer account. I haven't tracked it but I hit 12.5mill credits twice on that one recently but the highest I remember recently for my main is 7mill

Programming doesn't work that way as much as they would like it to, there is no true RNG in code.