March madness

Any chance we could get a March madness type event against our guild? We always compete against people we don’t know, but it would be cool to do some inner guild event.
We could do a tournament of 32. It doesn’t get all guild members in, but you could have a period where they could join.
First 4 hours guild members with top 10 go get first chance to join. Then it opens up to next 10 and so on. Eventually first 32 in are in a tournament.
Run it the same way as grand arena, so it’s essentially a giant grand arena with a bracket where you face your guild.
I think it would be have some event to find out who the best person in the guild is. A tournament in March would go along with March madness.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can't really make a new event like this and not have it include everyone. Even if there were no real rewards.

Other than that seems like it could be a fun idea.
  • An event that excludes guild members would get pretty toxic so would need to be set at 50.
    I think there’s too much room for abuse for us ever to see it
  • Intra-guild “arena” absolutely should be a thing. No rewards, maybe not even any rank, but the ability to play against each other to test teams and learn from each other.
  • I have a pretty good idea of who the best developed rosters are in my guild. And we use discord to share information. They've helped me out many times, when trying to beat an event, or properly mod for something.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You can't really make a new event like this and not have it include everyone. Even if there were no real rewards.

Other than that seems like it could be a fun idea.

Agreed. And it wouldn't be that hard to design brackets for every size of guild - top GPs just get first round byes, or have play-in games.
  • There should also be a “fantasy SWGoH” draft and league-style event. Eight players draft from the entire stock of fully-geared, unmodded toons. Then there’s a snake-draft for toons, and then a GA-style tournament
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I'd settle for a practice arena area where you can battle guild-mates..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rhunne wrote: »
    There could be rewards... But they must be donated into a pool from existing guild members that way it's staying within.

I really like the idea of a inter guild arena/ challenge. Gives insentive (but I could also see how it abused too)

That leads to a situation of donations going the "wrong way". Idealy you want your lower members to be benefiting more from that structure. But that's a personal choice each guild makes.