3v3 Consensus - Love it or Hate it?

I’m just curious what the consensus is out there about 3v3. I applaud the Devs for trying something new, but I’m not a fan. I won easily enough but it didn’t feel good. It didn’t feel satisfying like the 5v5 matches or TW. There are probably a few reasons for that:

1. I couldn’t full clear. My opponent went 100% defense. While I was able to clear about two zones worth, I couldn’t full clear because I went with a more balanced approach between offense and defense. I won sure but it didn’t feel good. It wasn’t satisfying. In 5v5 that never happened. Even if my opponent went full defense I could still full clear with a balanced approach because....

2. Squads are designed for 5v5. The synergies just don’t work as well in 3v3. It was sort of fun planning all my 3v3 teams but ultimately I felt like I was always missing something. A tank, a stunner, etc. I realize that’s kind of part of the design of 3v3, trying to make the most with what you have, but again it just didn’t feel good. In 5v5 I never felt like I was missing something. All my squads were balanced and had what they needed.

3. Overpowered squads/characters. There are some super overpowered squads and characters in 3v3. One example is NS with zombie. In 5v5 NS are really good but in 3v3 you somehow need to kill one of the other NS twice, while getting through zombie, with only three characters. Before trolls start posting “oh NS are easy I killed them with xyz” let me first say I know it can be done; however, there are other squads and characters that just become too powerful in 3v3. Nest is another good example. Nest is great in 5v5, in 3v3 she’s incredible. Even when beating the squads it didn’t feel satisfying nor did I feel like it was helping me prepare for other areas of the game like TW and Arena.

Overall, my personal opinion is just chalk it up as a failed experiment. It was a cool idea but just stick with 5v5.