Possible "Un-gear" Character Option-Grand Arena

Is there a way to un-gear characters for Grand Arena? If not, can it be a feature? haha. I just go roasted by my opponent who had the same GP as I did, however he had 25 G-12 characters (to my 3) and had 50 characters who were level 1, never geared.

It would be nice if the algorithm in Grand Arena is based solely on GP that we can reduce our GP to only use the characters that we want to.

Or in the preview section select the characters we want to take into the matches. Then the matches are based upon what you choose to take into the Grand Arena. (For example, on a 3-3 match I won't need to take as many characters into the match as a 5-5 so I can choose to scale down my roster). The challenge would be picking only those you need because if you choose to not take your average toons you won't have teams for clean-up if you run out.

Replies

• TVF
    36584 posts Member
    There is not and I really doubt there will be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Yeah because we don't want people who dont gear and lvl their toons to have an advantage like paper zombie. Oh wait, we just designed a game mode that does just that. Lol

Yeah because we don't want people who dont gear and lvl their toons to have an advantage like paper zombie. Oh wait, we just designed a game mode that does just that. Lol

Yep. Because people are using all those lvl 1 gear 1 toons to win their ga matches right?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yep. Because people are using all those lvl 1 gear 1 toons to win their ga matches right?

Nope, neither does anyone use their lvl85 7* g7-8 characters.
  • No_Try wrote: »

And who decided to take all their toons to lvl 85 7* g7-8? You did.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Downgrading characters runs counter to the fundamentals of the game and would probably be complicated to implement.

Changes to improve match-making are a more realistic proposition. Things like:
    * discounting / ignoring fleet GP
    * excluding characters below a certain GP (like TW does)
    * allowing the player to select the characters they want to take into the GA (effectively bidding your own power)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Did I do it so tht CG could retroctively annul my decision?
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member

No?

I used a G8 ROLO, Lando, and FBL to finish off an Asajj Talia squad missing their MT lead.

Actually I think Lando is G10 and FBL G9 but point stands.

Its called Legendary events and Heroes Journeys... You gear PHX or like the CLS toons to G7-9.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

No?

I used a G8 ROLO, Lando, and FBL to finish off an Asajj Talia squad missing their MT lead.

Cool story. Wow CCCCCC feels sooooo gooood.

No?

With this so called "Resource Managment" people shouldn't have G8 or G9 characters. You get roasted on this forums for doing anything in this game.
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member

No?

It's also a relevant story.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

No?

It's also a relevant story.

They may be useful to an extent, that extent is nowhere near the GP inflation they cause or is comparable to half the usefullness of a G12.
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    The GP inflation from a G8 ROLO is the irrelevant part.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    The GP inflation from a G8 ROLO is the irrelevant part.

Huh? Try fighting an opponent who has no such inflation and much more g11-12s. I bet the rolo army will bring you the win.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst points I've ever seen. Choosing to upgrade your toons should never be a bad decision in a game where the whole point is to collect and upgrade toons. Not to mention the fact that CG made it a bad decision retroactively after most of us already leveled up those characters.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I have run into teams in GA mostly that have few powerful characters in G12. The same thing with my Arena top teams. They have like G12 Revan toons, but anything else quite low geared. I have only one G12 toon, but quite a lot of other toons i use for events. In Arena i suck, because Revan conquers like beast there. I cant win their Revan team. ...but in GA n win because i have more good toons to put there vs my enemies who have only few but very good toons. Thank goodness havent seen any Revans there so far :D At least this is so far my experiences with GA.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst points I've ever seen. Choosing to upgrade your toons should never be a bad decision in a game where the whole point is to collect and upgrade toons. Not to mention the fact that CG made it a bad decision retroactively after most of us already leveled up those characters.

Choosing to upgrade toons you dont use or have a very limited use is a good idea?

For a game that revolves around choices and resource management, it doesnt seem like a good decision.

Yes for a bit right after TB we all did it, if we could spare the resources, but only the the extent that was needed to complete special missions, after that anyone who chose to then take all characters up for just pure GP, made that choice on their own. They got the benefit they saw from it, others didnt see such benefit or came into the game at a point where that was not a viable option for them.

It is all just the life of the game. Develop your roster towards this new game mode and you will be fine, but just like arena, this is not the only game mode and every choice you make will effect your future.
  • Like Kylo said, it’s about resource management. Unless your game budget is around the average household income, you need to make choices. And the less money you spend, the better your choices need to be in order to remain competitive. Focus on a team or faction and build them up, or prioritize one aspect of the game and work to get better there. That will make the game more fun. Just keep in mind that players who spend more money will generally get bigger advantages, so it’s less about what’s fair (devs wouldn’t make money if it was fair) and more about what’s fun.