Stop blanket GP matchups in GA

Hey devs merry Christmas!

How about over this Christmas break you guys think about a better way to matchup players in GA? My first matchup the kid I faced stood no chance. He put all his best teams on defense and didn’t kill a single team on my side. Not for lack of trying but he didn’t have Traya, Revan, Chewy, BH teams, or anything capable of beating me.
Now this round I’m fighting someone with half his toons G12, mods all only a single tier lower than arena mods, and has ships in the top 10. So how is that fair matchmaking?

You’ve gotten the feedback from people who hate the pure GP matchups. Change it already. You guys are capable of fixes that hurt the community within hours, but anything to help us takes weeks

Replies

• And FYI, 3v3 isn’t fun.
  • I agree with your first post, disagree completely with the second. 3v3 is a breath of fresh air in this game - makes you think past few current and past meta cores and actually invent something based on your current collection.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'm sure it's not just pure GP

I like 3v3
  • I have had a different experience with GA. Granted I have a 1.3mil GP but all of my matches have been close enough to give me a few grey hairs.
  • So, you slaughter people with a mish-mash roster and will lose to someone who was patient and focused........ Yes, that's terribly unfair..... /Sarcasm
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    So, you slaughter people with a mish-mash roster and will lose to someone who was patient and focused........ Yes, that's terribly unfair..... /Sarcasm

Where did you read that?

I think i said it’s not fair that someone was matched up with em that doesn’t have Traya, Revan, any BH or any sort of meta team aside from NS and RJT. The kid put the best possible teams he had on defense and I tore through them no problem. That’s not fair for him.

Nor is it fair now that the person I’m going against has mods that don’t have a single secondary with less than 12 speed on any one mod on his defenses.

Purely matching up based on GP isn’t ok.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's not just pure GP

I like 3v3

Crumb told us that’s how the matchmaking is done.
  • And I personally don’t like the 3v3 setting. If you like it then god bless, but I just don’t like it honestly.
  • I feel like we just had this conversation lol 😆
    But really tho, out of 8 ppl with the same gp, you happened to face one that focused no teams for raid, arena, events, or anything useful apparently. Feel bad for them and move on. I'm sure they're the minority
  • I like the idea of 3v3
  • Gannon wrote: »
    I feel like we just had this conversation lol 😆
    But really tho, out of 8 ppl with the same gp, you happened to face one that focused no teams for raid, arena, events, or anything useful apparently. Feel bad for them and move on. I'm sure they're the minority

It’s been happening a lot to people. Most are within their respective powers but then you have people that don’t have Traya or Revan but are expected to fight them. That’s kinda messed up.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I feel like we just had this conversation lol 😆

It’s been happening a lot to people. Most are within their respective powers but then you have people that don’t have Traya or Revan but are expected to fight them. That’s kinda messed up.

Not really, I don't have revan and just unlocked traya, but I've been facing em for awhile. Gotta find a counter with what you have, it's really not difficult. Now I save Phoenix and bast for offense, usually does the trick. There are other counters tho.
    It would be hard to use specific toons on matchmaking.. Cuz everything is players choice. Wouldn't be fair to those to pushed/paid for specific toons
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    So, you slaughter people with a mish-mash roster and will lose to someone who was patient and focused........ Yes, that's terribly unfair..... /Sarcasm

Where did you read that?

I think i said it’s not fair that someone was matched up with em that doesn’t have Traya, Revan, any BH or any sort of meta team aside from NS and RJT. The kid put the best possible teams he had on defense and I tore through them no problem. That’s not fair for him.

Nor is it fair now that the person I’m going against has mods that don’t have a single secondary with less than 12 speed on any one mod on his defenses.

Why does everything have to be "fair"?....... this game isn't rocket surgery...

- if you don't invest in mods, you have junk mods
    - if you wasted resources on junk toons, you have junk toons
    - if you chased individual toons vs levelling a team at a time you have weak teams
    - if you are good enough to be hstr, but have no Traya, your choice
    - if you didn't spend or scrimp to get Revan, your choice.....

I don't get why folks feel cg should tailor a matchup for you that takes into account every player's decisions so they can win.....

The only caveat I will offer is ship gp .... It shouldnt be taken into account when there are no ship elements to GA...... Hopefully they rectify this.....
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Where did you read that?

Why does everything have to be "fair"?....... this game isn't rocket surgery...

- if you don't invest in mods, you have junk mods
    - if you wasted resources on junk toons, you have junk toons
    - if you chased individual toons vs levelling a team at a time you have weak teams
    - if you are good enough to be hstr, but have no Traya, your choice
    - if you didn't spend or scrimp to get Revan, your choice.....

I don't get why folks feel cg should tailor a matchup for you that takes into account every player's decisions so they can win.....

The only caveat I will offer is ship gp .... It shouldnt be taken into account when there are no ship elements to GA...... Hopefully they rectify this.....

This. Exactly. Also, joining GA and not placing anything should be punished, cuz it's not very sporting at all (or auto deploy should be fixed and reimplementeded) lol

If you leveled ships and didn't focus on toons, your choice. Seriously, hypocritical much? Basically you are saying fluff should count when it benefits you and should not count when it benefits your opponent.
    I have a g8 lvl 85 Ugnaught that is useless and yet you claim I made my choice and should live with it. So guess what, this mode makes ships useless but you focused on ships. You made your choice so deal with it.
    If you dont understand the hypocrisy, then I dont feel sorry for you.

If you leveled ships and didn't focus on toons, your choice. Seriously, hypocritical much? Basically you are saying fluff should count when it benefits you and should not count when it benefits your opponent.
    I have a g8 lvl 85 Ugnaught that is useless and yet you claim I made my choice and should live with it. So guess what, this mode makes ships useless but you focused on ships. You made your choice so deal with it.

Lol best argument ever 😆
    Gotta give you that one

No..... Not hypocritical at all actually..... Ships account for roughly 1/3 of your GP..... (Yes, that is a rough figure depending on whether you like ships or not)...... As someone that hates ships, I am more than willing to take a hit there and I dont expect CG to give me an easy matchup because my ships are weaksauce..... I went out of my way to gaurd my ships last ga and it paid off......

If I lose in GA due to my weak ships, so be it...... that is on me......

That being said, if there are no ships involved in GA, then ship gp shouldnt come into play..... it's benefitting me, but I am not.in favor of it....... Unlike those that feel ga should be tailor made to their roster.....

• I like the idea of 3v3

Please explain why and how you beat the cheap NS teams with just 3 AOE toons,by the time the cooldowns reset,they already are dead from the **** plague.This grand Arena is a joke if you dont have Revan or Traya.
  • jjkriv wrote: »
    I like the idea of 3v3

Please explain why and how you beat the cheap NS teams with just 3 AOE toons,by the time the cooldowns reset,they already are dead from the **** plague.This grand Arena is a joke if you dont have Revan or Traya.

Palp lead - chaze - rebels, NS - scoundrels - pick your choice, you have plenty
  • The match ups really need to be based off of the number of x-level gear characters and nothing else. That matters the most.
  • I'm loving 3v3, it's something different and requires a ton of strategy. Now I haven't had any problem with matchmaking everyone I've faced has had a roster similar to mine...expect for mods, I've had a huge advantage in mods but if your mods stink that's your own fault can't blame anybody but yourself for that