Being attacked by my shard in my new payout time.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Our arena shard is doing great but I think you need to see things from another point of view.

We currently have 35 people in our payout shard and is extremely difficult to climb. The majority of people we know and have been playing for over 3 years.

Now we have a bunch of new randoms with recently bought Revans who were non existent for years but out of the blue they show up and want top spots.

It’s very difficult to coordinate 35 people to get into the top 5 spots without blasting your shardmates into oblivion.

If you were in contact with them a year ago and cease contact, then you decide you want to start climbing again, you screwed up. You missed out on a year of bonding and becoming buddies with them and wanted to isolate yourself. They are viewing it as “he was in contact with us a while back and stopped, maybe he quit or doesn’t care anymore.”

People that wait forever to make connections will end up being hurt in this game. Patience of following rules, getting in on the discord server with them, and just be helpful (hitting other enemies) will make your chances of being accepted into the group much higher. My two cents.
  • Options
    People should be banned for their "adoration clubs". Arena dhould be fixed in that way that nobody really see the names, ally code and guilds. It should be fair fight instead of this clown circus which ee got right now. Bunch of ....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Alinoe wrote: »
    People should be banned for their "adoration clubs". Arena dhould be fixed in that way that nobody really see the names, ally code and guilds. It should be fair fight instead of this clown circus which ee got right now. Bunch of ....

LOLOLOLOL. How many do you think would play a game if they were kept completely impersonal?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    People are so impatient. Had you made the agreement and waited a month or so and proved you are a team player they would have respected you more. Then after a little while you ask if you can climb higher at your po rotation.
    When a shard is that established and you walk in and straight off the bat say F this you just put a target on your back.
    Shards try to not cause trouble with one another in order to save from doing refreshes.
    They will even help one another by dropping mods and such if an ally can’t beat a team comp.
    So shard chats are very beneficial that way. Competition costs crystals and nobody wins.
    Sounds like you lost your one chance to be part of something bigger then yourself and now you are going to have to settle with what you get or whale harder.
  • Options
    Yea I agree they but how can they change it? People can discreetly communicate over discord or another app so there’s no proof they are teaming if they were to ban it.

I really liked Rhunne's proposal:
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Easy solution is to not show player names or allow the other players to view anything about their opponent, that way they have no way of contacting the other party or arranging "ganking" groups.

They could even assign one out of three possible opponent teams at random. A bit like Galactic War, where you have to play the cards you're dealt. Maybe let us choose a separate defense team so we can pick the ideal counter team for every match without having to worry about defense.

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »

LOLOLOLOL. How many do you think would play a game if they were kept completely impersonal?

So you don't play Galactic War because you can't get chummy with the owners of the enemy teams? If you want a more social experience, that's what guilds are for.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

So you don't play Galactic War because you can't get chummy with the owners of the enemy teams? If you want a more social experience, that's what guilds are for.

I don't play GW because it's not needed for me anymore. Besides there's no confrontational aspect of GW like TW,GA and arena.
  • Options
    There are a few things that people fail to understand...
    Those "self centered shard chat members" that have "their" spot might be that much better than you. You said they "bump" you one after another right? Even if that's the case, doesn't that raise a huge question mark? It means your team is bad, and you probably have bad mods if you get constantly "bumped".

Do you want to get rid of this situation? get a maxed out team and farm mods!!!!

Want a live example? I am no longer using Revan+jedi as my arena team because I'm bored with them and because the damage output is lame and I swapped to CLS+rebels. Do i drop more than I did with revan even though revan is a considerably better defensive team? nope... that's because people tend to avoid hitting a maxed out 330 speed CLS or a 5.5k offense chewbacca ( i am bragging, yes ).

Point is... You should work on improving what you currently have to make them fail when they're trying to do the bumping train. Plus, the results will definitely be better than if you just continue what you're doing and expect others to handle your situation for you.

Good luck!
  • Junkzilla
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’ve been going through this same problem. In fact I’m finishing this last TB for my guild and then I’m quitting swgoh. I’ve been around since the beginning of the game. I’ve spent a lot of money on the game and even more time.

Back in September I started contacting members of my arena shard. All attempts were ignored. I understand now being 6 pm est payout time that a lot of members shared this PO time. Out of the 30 some odd people I tried contacting, 1 person messaged me back telling me they were going through the same problem and that the arena shard are full of unreasonable people. So instead I tried forcing my way to the top but I met heavy resistance. I contacted game support and they suggested I post on reddit and on here so that the developers could see this issue and address it based on community support. Since then, the developers made it so you could change your payout. Recently I had recontacted the person who returned my msg as I noticed they were part of the exclusive group of my arena shard. They refused to ask them to let me join due to the fact that they were uncomfortable with the shard because they had just got accepted in. They gave me a PO time that no one in the shard shared and suggested that I changed my PO to that. So I did. I avoided all the the members who were about to have their payouts hoping they would realize I was trying to respect everyone’s payout and still climb. None the less, they still hit me so hard that I’d go from 10th to 30th in 15 mins(probably less time). After being polite and friendly for so long i started losing my patience, threatening to hit everyone during their payouts(big mistake). The biggest problem I found I had was that the X had 5 members in the top 10 of my arena shard and influenced everyone on their decision on who to let in and who to pick on. I had contacted their alliance leader who heard me out but they believed his guys when they said I was rude and they would not let me have a payout time regardless. Eventually one member of the X returned a msg of mine and said “I’m just bored of the game and I will find someone else to pick on” strictly because I was hitting them more than anyone else. None of the other shard members respected this and continued to hit me regardless. Last night I spent hours going back and forth with a game advisor requesting that I be put in a new arena shard and be given a new chance to start over and make new friends. One advisor told me that I would get what I want. Satisfied, I ended the chat and awaited the results. An hour later I received instructions via email for something I didn’t even discuss. I recontact them and spent hours being passed to different advisors of which most did not understand what I was asking. In the end I believe I was very clear what was happening and the last advisor had told me that this is not an issue they can help me with and kept offering 300-400 gems. Why would I want 300-400 gems as a settlement when I could gain 500 gems a day via arena? I respectfully declined the offer. So I’m posting this, hoping the developers find a solution for people who still love this game as I do. Good luck to all. I hope they address this issue before they update the game to keep you glued to your phones for another couple hours a day
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    llldmelll wrote: »
    There are a few things that people fail to understand...
    Those "self centered shard chat members" that have "their" spot might be that much better than you. You said they "bump" you one after another right? Even if that's the case, doesn't that raise a huge question mark? It means your team is bad, and you probably have bad mods if you get constantly "bumped".

Do you want to get rid of this situation? get a maxed out team and farm mods!!!!

Want a live example? I am no longer using Revan+jedi as my arena team because I'm bored with them and because the damage output is lame and I swapped to CLS+rebels. Do i drop more than I did with revan even though revan is a considerably better defensive team? nope... that's because people tend to avoid hitting a maxed out 330 speed CLS or a 5.5k offense chewbacca ( i am bragging, yes ).

Point is... You should work on improving what you currently have to make them fail when they're trying to do the bumping train. Plus, the results will definitely be better than if you just continue what you're doing and expect others to handle your situation for you.

Good luck!

330 speed cls? Caps or didn't happen xD
  • Options
    You can repost that comment all you like. There’s no point pretending there’s some Uber mod setup/team that most people can’t beat. There’s not a single team in my squad arena shard that I can’t beat and when you’re in a shard that’s as old as mine, there’s probably 20 people out of the 30 members in my arena shard that can do the same. The basic point I was making is the fact that there was no one at my payout time(I have a mole in the arena shard that I can’t join) therefore there is no reason why I shouldn’t be able to have my payout time. It is simply run by a gang of people who dictate who can be a part of their exclusive group. It’s not excuses. 1vs30 no matter how good your team is, in my shard if they don’t want you to get your payout, you’re not getting it. You think they allowed people to change their payouts just due to the fact of over crowding specific payouts? Not likely, there is definitely acknowledgment of flaws and some intentions on encouraging others to play fairly. You’re entitled to your opinion.