GA Great Matchmaking

nulrs7w9dpr4.png
If someone could just tell me how this is an even matchup, I’d appreciate it. My opponent has completely neglected ships and I’ve worked hard on them... so I have no chance against his toons in this GA which doesn’t include ships. More than double the amount of zetas I have and also more than double the amount of g12 toons. Cool.

Replies

• I'm sure you wont have to wait long. I've had plenty of people trying to tell me it's fine. :D

My final round opponent has about 900k character GP to my 700k which translates into a bunch more g12s and zetas and my only chance of victory being him failing to participate.
  • The difference is like 2 developed ships.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • My last round is 543k vs his 657k, 3 Zetas vs his 12, my 0 g12 vs his 5. I feel your pain
  • Yes it seems a bit unfair, but I put as much stock in you having almost double the amount of 10+ speed mods than him having double zetas/g12 (without knowing exactly what those zetas are, especially in 3 v 3 combat).

I wouldn't give up on this one. A guy that focused on developing characters yet not putting enough focus on mods might not be as big an obstacle as you fear.

• G12 and zetas aren’t always the most important things to look at in GA. For the final round I’m up against a player with 2 zetas, 1 g12, and 6 g11 characters, compared to my 17 zetas, 10 g12, and 15 g11 characters. He’s got the weakest character roster in our 8 person matchup and he’s 2-0.
  • Jeffrome wrote: »
    nulrs7w9dpr4.png
    If someone could just tell me how this is an even matchup, I’d appreciate it. My opponent has completely neglected ships and I’ve worked hard on them... so I have no chance against his toons in this GA which doesn’t include ships. More than double the amount of zetas I have and also more than double the amount of g12 toons. Cool.

How come youre like all-in on ships, yet you have 10 zetas vs his 24?
  • Jeffrome wrote: »
    nulrs7w9dpr4.png

How come youre like all-in on ships, yet you have 10 zetas vs his 24?
    Because when you go all in on ships you spend your fleet currency on ship shards for the first few months.
  • That, and you can tell he’s been playing longer. When you don’t invest in ships, you invest in toons longer. For him to have the same GP as me without working on ships means he’s probably been playing a few months longer.
  • It just really doesn’t make sense for ship GP to be calculated into a match that doesn’t include ships.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    G12 and zetas aren’t always the most important things to look at in GA. For the final round I’m up against a player with 2 zetas, 1 g12, and 6 g11 characters, compared to my 17 zetas, 10 g12, and 15 g11 characters. He’s got the weakest character roster in our 8 person matchup and he’s 2-0.

Nah it doesn't work that way, if you have less character GP you automatically lose.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I love the matchmaking ;) This is my final opponent. He’s the first one with traya I’ve seen in every round of every GA so far. No opponent in any GA I’ve been in has had Revan.

cajs0eahk581.jpeg
  • TVF wrote: »
    G12 and zetas aren’t always the most important things to look at in GA. For the final round I’m up against a player with 2 zetas, 1 g12, and 6 g11 characters, compared to my 17 zetas, 10 g12, and 15 g11 characters. He’s got the weakest character roster in our 8 person matchup and he’s 2-0.

Nah it doesn't work that way, if you have less character GP you automatically lose.
    Me (700k squad GP): 30 7*/85 toons w/ 2 g12s and 3 zetas, decent modding
    Opponent (900k squad GP): 50 7*/85 toons w/ 12 g12s and 13 zetas, decent modding

Map requires 18 toons to defend all territories and nothing I have is a sure bet to stop him so fielding a trash squad in a rear area isn't viable.

Tell me how I am supposed to beat that o'tactical genius. Take your time, I'll wait.....
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The number of zetas is not the key.
    The point is, Which zeta?

Matching w/ Similar GP is totally fine.

Same GP = Same chances to upgrade the roaster

Play time? Yes, it makes difference about users’ GP.
    But, both have Same(Similar) GP.
    It’s done.
    It’s over.

Farming materials, toons, fleets is ALL strategy.
    The number of zetas? Also farming strategy.
    There are many routes of farming zeta.
    Not just by fleet store or fleet challenge, ewoks or nightsister can earn zeta to you.
    Maybe Guild can affect too.
    The more your guild wins at TW, the more zetas you get.

I have no idea about the reason that some says “this GA match-making is suck!!”

Again.
    Same GP = Same chances to upgrade your roster
    It’s not completely unfair.
    Please, stop complaining and upgrade your roster.
  • lol. @komji15 , you’re dumb. If someone has the same GP and has neglected ships, it means that they have had ample time (months) to get that higher GP just in their toon roster. Hence why they have more zetas and g12 toons. I’m glad I’ve focused ships because I still get 1st in fleet arena daily, but their GP shouldn’t be counted into a matchup that doesn’t use ships.
  • @Jeffrome
    Yes, finally, that person chose to farm toons more. And you did not.
    You chose farming fleets.

That’s your choice.
    No one imposed you.
    Why should CG take care of all users’ their own choices individually?

You said you still get 1st place at Fleet Arena.

If CG make a match by just Toons GP,
    that is not fair.
    That’s previlege for someone who invests fleet much more, like you.

Some who choose to farm toons more deserved to take advantage at GA.

At Same GP, they have less powered fleets.

Others who choose to farm fleets more, like you, deserved to take advantage at Fleet arena, of course.

Matching by Total GP is totally fair.
    This is a matter of “choice”.
  • Lol. Bro, they said GA is supposed to be equal playing field. What is happening, when ships aren’t present in the GA, is not an equal playing field. Sit down. Your argument is quite invalid.
  • I don’t think so.
    Same GP is still “fair” in this game.
    If the next GA is only Fleets matched by total GP, I’ll also accept that too.
    Because I think “Equal playing field” means matching same GP’s users under ‘various’ conditions.
    I think you and I can’t reduce our differences.
  • Fair enough. The funny thing is it looks like I’m gonna win this one. He didn’t set his defenses... the game set them. If he had synergy, he’d eat me alive. But he also only had one speed arrow. Lol.