Reward ranking

HarryLucas26
210 posts Member
edited December 2018
May seem petty, but does anyone else think that if you reach the final you should be in a separate rewards pot to players who lost in the semi-final.

In the last GA I reached the final and lost, and my final place was 4th, and the player I beat in the semi-final was 2nd!!! Obviously didn't make a difference in reward, just found it odd.

To me, makes more sense if you have prize pot for Winner, Runner-up, 2 wins, 1 win.

Replies

• The way they labeled it was poorly done. It's not an actual bracket, it's more of a round robin with 3 rounds. One person ends up with 3 wins, 3 people end up with 2 wins 1 loss, 3 people end up with 1 win 2 losses, and one person has 3 losses.

There's no runner-up in this scenario, it's pure based on the number of wins you had. For all you know the guy who won all three matches might have had his closest match with one of the other guys who ended up with 2 wins, but he faced that guy in the first round. Meaning that guy was really better competition, but you just happened to get an easier opponent in the first round.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    The way they labeled it was poorly done. It's not an actual bracket, it's more of a round robin with 3 rounds. One person ends up with 3 wins, 3 people end up with 2 wins 1 loss, 3 people end up with 1 win 2 losses, and one person has 3 losses.

There's no runner-up in this scenario, it's pure based on the number of wins you had. For all you know the guy who won all three matches might have had his closest match with one of the other guys who ended up with 2 wins, but he faced that guy in the first round. Meaning that guy was really better competition, but you just happened to get an easier opponent in the first round.

Maybe, but that's just the luck of the draw isn't it. Could also be that your oppo had easy route to the final, you beat some tough players and also marginally lose in the final.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    In the end only the number of wins count. Faue for everyone.

7fbgob5v2dh3.jpg