Stop calculating TOTAL GP in GA please!

I remember a thread a while back from a guy who preferred fleet over arena and invested heavily into ships and their pilots at the cost of his roster, and his complaint was being paired in GA against players who invested in the polar opposite, so both players have approximately the same GP but he was severely handicapped in an event based mostly on your character roster. At the time I was thinking that this guy was in a very small minority and it wasn't really an issue, that was up until I took the time to check out my current GA opponents rosters! Here's the problem, and I'm trying to keep in mind that maybe I fall into the small minority category here too, but with all the new shards and players that pop up daily I don't think that's the case.

I currently have 1.5 million GP, of which 950k is my character roster, but my opponent who also has 1.5 million GP completely ignored ships giving him an advantage of almost 500k GP! Being that my total character GP is 950k that number is INSANE, so I looked at the rest of the opponents in my GA shard and I was shocked to see that just about all of them ignored ships! It looks like most of them were accounts from a long time ago that were started again within the last year or year and a half, they all have maxed out G12+zeta characters nobody would use these days but also have the newest heroes journey characters.

So is this a problem or am I just extremely unlucky? I really don't have much of a chance against this shard unless I'm lucky enough to stop them from taking my front line down, which I put my best teams on to defend. I tried to focus on characters who regain health and protection easily so he can't just keep throwing his G12 Luminara squads at me haha!

P.S - CG you really need to lower the amount of squad requirements on defense. We shouldn't be forced to use the dregs of our accounts.

Replies

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    I'm happy with the way things are. I focused on PvP and don't see why I shouldn't benefit from this in a PvP setting
  • Nema wrote: »
    I'm happy with the way things are. I focused on PvP and don't see why I shouldn't benefit from this in a PvP setting

Yea sure, fleets is also pvp if u havent realised. Lets have a fleet only ga next then.