Is auto-defense-set working in GA yet?

It would be nice not to have to redo all our work in rounds 2 & 3...

Replies

• In fact, since GA does not allow improvements from the beginning of round1 all the way to the end, there's no reason not to set defense once at the beginning of GA and then have those defenses stay for all 3 rounds.

If you did that, there would be no need for a 24-hour delay between each round.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Yeah but you need the ability to switch defenses according to opponent roster....I'm not going to set the same defence for a empire heavy roster than I would a jedi heavy roster. It's all about cat and mouse and what your opponent can bring to the table
  • This doesn't work for the first round of GA, but in the 2nd and 3rd if you don't set defenses it copies what you used the previous round
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In fact, since GA does not allow improvements from the beginning of round1 all the way to the end, there's no reason not to set defense once at the beginning of GA and then have those defenses stay for all 3 rounds.

If you did that, there would be no need for a 24-hour delay between each round.

It does if your opponent has specific weaknesses in their roster.
  • I'm so confused, i beat first 2 round. Now the third round i am fighting for top spot, but there is no defense set?!?!? How is this possible. Wouldn't it carry over from round 1? If it does how did he win first 2 rounds with no defense? I was 1 daze away from tactical genius quest :(
  • SiaGolia wrote: »
    I'm so confused, i beat first 2 round. Now the third round i am fighting for top spot, but there is no defense set?!?!? How is this possible. Wouldn't it carry over from round 1? If it does how did he win first 2 rounds with no defense? I was 1 daze away from tactical genius quest :(

Maybe your other 7 contenders simply signed up and did nothing. It is not totally impossible...
  • So no one answered the question:

Is auto-defense working or not? It was supposed to work, then EA/CG cancelled it because they said there was a bug. I haven't found anything that said they turned it back on.

is this working? Is it not? What's the deal?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    So no one answered the question:

Is auto-defense working or not? It was supposed to work, then EA/CG cancelled it because they said there was a bug. I haven't found anything that said they turned it back on.

is this working? Is it not? What's the deal?

No one knows, and I guess no one is willing to test it.

The auto deploy for "no defense" was removed. No word on whether or not the set D1 is being placed for rounds 2 and 3.

No one is really in the office until after new years so, we will have to wait and see. We should get a response about this before next GA.