GA vs 'Paper Zombie / sandbagging'

Just give me a link if it is already answered by Devs, but is there a final answer given by them if they want to fix the 'GA vs Paper Zombie paradox' or if they want it this way?
(For those who dont know what i mean: devs said they want everybody to level and gear as much toons as possible but nobody is going to do it as long as GA is based by GP)

Replies

• If they want us to gear more toons, give us more gear. Don't tell us this game is about resource management, and then tell us to waste resources. Sorry for you, call it sandbagging or whatever you want, but I will keep using my resources carefully. My CUP, ugnaught, mob enforcer, etc will be level 1 gear 1 until they get a rework or they are needed for an event.
  • Yeah no point in bumping yourself up the GP ladder and putting yourself in a tougher bracket. I’m only going to gear good characters like Revan and Chewbacca. CUP and Mob Enforcer can wait
  • Only reason they said they want you to gear toons was to justify nerfing zombie. When zombie first came out, they said paper is a legit strategy. Whatever keeps the P2P crowd happy and hurts us in the raid will prevail.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    BenTschee wrote: »
    Just give me a link if it is already answered by Devs, but is there a final answer given by them if they want to fix the 'GA vs Paper Zombie paradox' or if they want it this way?
    (For those who dont know what i mean: devs said they want everybody to level and gear as much toons as possible but nobody is going to do it as long as GA is based by GP)

Can you provide a link to that statement?
    ...At its core, this strategy primarily breaks a core tenant/rule of the game - investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes; more health, more damage, more functionality, etc. This is a game about strategic resource management and you should be rewarded for strategically investing in a character. People who did this investment were then punished, because there is no way to “level down” a character. This doesn’t always perfectly hold up, but we do our best to hold to the spirit of that core pillar as much as we possibly can....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183017/nightsister-zombie-rework-begone-paper-hello-fat#latest

Here is what I found where they talk about strategic investment in characters and strategic resource managment.

They also state the core is about investing more into a character gives you more.

In their own words they are talking about wanting strategic development to be a core tenant of the game and that it should always benefit the player to do so. This still holds true for GA. Some have done it more than others and are benefitting from it.

For those of us that have wider rosters, there will be a longer development curve, but that has always been the nature of the game. Very few are ready for a new raid or game mode when it comes out and there are always "wasted resources" that hurt our development into the "new thing". We adapt, we develop and we all try to get better. At no point will anyone stop developing their roster and get better at GA, that would be against what they have stated was the issue with 'paper zombie'.
    Post edited by Kyno on