Nest is a problem...

Prev1
Guys let's just face it, you've caused balance issues due to the power creep, I don't know what should bother me most, the fact that CLS, Han, R2 and 3PO can obliterate RJT in 60 seconds on auto, or that nest can indefinitely stand against a barrage of 5 characters and never die because of the TM reduction of which you have no control off.

I don't understand why this has to be so annoying, if you're going to go all out with the power creep and create those super characters, might as well try not to create these frustrating loops. Sure I probably could have avoided the loop by manually doing the fight instead of auto, but the loop should really not exist in the first place. Enfys should not be allowed to be hit so many times.

Easy fix: add a counter, after she's been hit a certain amount of times without taking a turn, she loses the bonus protection and can't regain it. Really I don't understand why I must hit her 150 times and never stand a chance to kill her...

Replies

• Nest is easy now.... if you are still struggling, then its you, not the toon
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Just play the game in manual against her

Nest was meant to counter TM manipulation and people using auto without thinking things through and looks like its doing a good job of it

Nest is super easy to beat with the rebel team you mentioned
  • Don’t use auto?
  • If you can't beat Nest it's because you didn't bother to read her abilities. She's very easy to beat if you don't just mindlessly pound on her.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    If you can't beat Nest it's because you didn't bother to read her abilities. She's very easy to beat if you don't just mindlessly pound on her.

Like I mentioned above, I am not trying to solve a puzzle, I just want to auto because me team should be perfectly capable of doing that.
    Don’t use auto?

The point is to avoid manual play.
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    Guys let's just face it, you've caused balance issues due to the power creep, I don't know what should bother me most, the fact that CLS, Han, R2 and 3PO can obliterate RJT in 60 seconds on auto, or that nest can indefinitely stand against a barrage of 5 characters and never die because of the TM reduction of which you have no control off.

I don't understand why this has to be so annoying, if you're going to go all out with the power creep and create those super characters, might as well try not to create these frustrating loops. Sure I probably could have avoided the loop by manually doing the fight instead of auto, but the loop should really not exist in the first place. Enfys should not be allowed to be hit so many times.

Easy fix: add a counter, after she's been hit a certain amount of times without taking a turn, she loses the bonus protection and can't regain it. Really I don't understand why I must hit her 150 times and never stand a chance to kill her...

Ok so you are making a case for something that's really not intended to work this way. If nest is designed to COUNTER TM reduction teams then she should be able to BEAT them, not pathetically time out, unable to prevent her squad from being obliterated. Even if you use her on offense you're still not winning, you're just timing out, that's not the characteristic of a counter. The point is to win or lose not to time out in an infinite loop.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You want to auto because you should be able to?

That's not how it works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So one anti-Nest thread and one complaining about her "nerf" https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189275/nerfs-dont-belong-in-a-game-where-doing-anything-takes-forever from you.

I suppose you are showing balance if nothing else.

I'm being honest, nest is most likely the worst characte ever created in the game because her stacking protection which can't be dispelled is a total uncreative joke.
    Sure I wanted her to beat Revan because nothing else seemed to work, but that's just not the point. We're debating separate issues, using nest a temporary distraction using stealth to allo your other characters to survive a bit longer is not an issue, killing all 4 and having to deal with an immortal character on an infinite loop is simply unacceptable
  • TVF wrote: »

That's not how it works.

Well if someone is gonna use RJT in arena they deserve to be autoed.
  • Can the mods just archive this thread or something? Lol.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

That's not how it works.

Well if someone is gonna use RJT in arena they deserve to be autoed.

And if someone refuses to battle them manually then they deserve to lose.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    Oh and plenty of characters can auto nest. Especially now that they "fixed" her

I added the missing quotations marks for you.
  • You could always use a team that can handle a single nest on auto without timing out. The mechanic is working as intended and there are plenty of teams that handle nest just fine. You may have better luck if you stop trying to cut a rock with scissors.
  • I need to play manual or switch my lineup in order to kill Nest?

C O M P L A I N
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • This has got to be one of the worst arguments ever. Am I reading this right that he's upset because he can't win on auto? How about actually playing the game you are playing?

Yep. Auto is for the parts that are too easy to be worth the time playing. If you can't win on auto, that's what manual is for.
  • Autoing a fight is no fun. It takes away from the strategic feel. That's what I enjoy, and that's why I make a point to go against Nest when I can. I obliterate her with Palps, and my cousin (who may or may not be better than me) reports the same. Nest is beatable folks, and autoing is just... plain lazy.
  • Qi'ra lead han chewie autoed nest, no thanks.
  • Autoing a fight is no fun. It takes away from the strategic feel. That's what I enjoy, and that's why I make a point to go against Nest when I can. I obliterate her with Palps, and my cousin (who may or may not be better than me) reports the same. Nest is beatable folks, and autoing is just... plain lazy.

Sometimes people don't have much time to spare
  • PeteBajama wrote: »
    Autoing a fight is no fun. It takes away from the strategic feel. That's what I enjoy, and that's why I make a point to go against Nest when I can. I obliterate her with Palps, and my cousin (who may or may not be better than me) reports the same. Nest is beatable folks, and autoing is just... plain lazy.

But you seem to have too much time to spare, creating complaint threads on a daily basis.

I'm upset because like many people I've farmed Enfys Nest not really because I like the character but because for people who couldn't afford Revan, she seemed like the only counter. Every time someone posts anything about the game like zetas and omegas taking too long to get, gear being a huge bottleneck, shards taking too long to farm off of hard nodes, ect. There's always a ton of people, and usually it's the same suspects, who will come and scream in the comment section : "resource management and priorities". Then they get 10 upvotes from the same 10 suspects every single time and their voices will usually be louder than words than yours so they shut down your posts.

The reason why I mentioned this is because in a game where everyone from moderators, devs and fellow players try to convince you that everything takes so long for a reason and that your choices matter, the same hypocrites will defend nerfs of characters that take so long to farm. Nerfs that are literally designed to counter the very same reason why anyone would farm these characters.

I mean I'm sitting here waiting for when someone comes to the comment section to say how awesome Enfys still is in order to try and calm everyone down. We'll Enfys might still be awesome but who cares. I didn't farm her to counter CLS or Resistance, I specifically farmed her to counter Revan and now she can't do that. And I really couldn't care less if she counters the other 99% of the roster because that wasn't my issue in the first place and that's not why I farmed her. Nobody is going to compensate me for the gear and ability mats I spent on her, or give me shards for a different character off the fleet store.

So before you make nerfs you need to take into account that people invest i some characters for a reason. In your mind Enfys is still a great character but in our minds she's completely useless for the purpose that we care.

Ohh and when it comes to Sion, this is obviously not about Sion! This clearly is NOTHING BUT a nerf to Darth Traya. It's sole purpose is to make mirror matches more difficult by adding more RNG to it and nothing else! So thanks for nerfing my long invested character for no real reason...

First OP claims that Nest has been nerfed. And that it’s useless for the purpose that he cares about.
    Now he claims that it is too OP and needs a fix(aka nerf).
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Good stuff.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I'm upset because like many people I've farmed Enfys Nest not really because I like the character but because for people who couldn't afford Revan, she seemed like the only counter. Every time someone posts anything about the game like zetas and omegas taking too long to get, gear being a huge bottleneck, shards taking too long to farm off of hard nodes, ect. There's always a ton of people, and usually it's the same suspects, who will come and scream in the comment section : "resource management and priorities". Then they get 10 upvotes from the same 10 suspects every single time and their voices will usually be louder than words than yours so they shut down your posts.

The reason why I mentioned this is because in a game where everyone from moderators, devs and fellow players try to convince you that everything takes so long for a reason and that your choices matter, the same hypocrites will defend nerfs of characters that take so long to farm. Nerfs that are literally designed to counter the very same reason why anyone would farm these characters.

I mean I'm sitting here waiting for when someone comes to the comment section to say how awesome Enfys still is in order to try and calm everyone down. We'll Enfys might still be awesome but who cares. I didn't farm her to counter CLS or Resistance, I specifically farmed her to counter Revan and now she can't do that. And I really couldn't care less if she counters the other 99% of the roster because that wasn't my issue in the first place and that's not why I farmed her. Nobody is going to compensate me for the gear and ability mats I spent on her, or give me shards for a different character off the fleet store.

So before you make nerfs you need to take into account that people invest i some characters for a reason. In your mind Enfys is still a great character but in our minds she's completely useless for the purpose that we care.

Ohh and when it comes to Sion, this is obviously not about Sion! This clearly is NOTHING BUT a nerf to Darth Traya. It's sole purpose is to make mirror matches more difficult by adding more RNG to it and nothing else! So thanks for nerfing my long invested character for no real reason...

First OP claims that Nest has been nerfed. And that it’s useless for the purpose that he cares about.
    Now he claims that it is too OP and needs a fix(aka nerf).

Forum in a nutshell.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    So one anti-Nest thread and one complaining about her "nerf" https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189275/nerfs-dont-belong-in-a-game-where-doing-anything-takes-forever from you.

I suppose you are showing balance if nothing else.

I'm being honest, nest is most likely the worst characte ever created in the game because her stacking protection which can't be dispelled is a total uncreative joke.
    Sure I wanted her to beat Revan because nothing else seemed to work, but that's just not the point. We're debating separate issues, using nest a temporary distraction using stealth to allo your other characters to survive a bit longer is not an issue, killing all 4 and having to deal with an immortal character on an infinite loop is simply unacceptable

C3PO took that crown from her.
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Can I bump this post to ask a related question: how can I beat nest when everyone else on the team is defeated first?

I run a CLS lead with R2, C3PO, Han, and Chewie. When I encounter Nest on the opponent’s squad, I might beat Nest 1 out of 5 times. Even if I hit Nest once, if her speed is slow enough, everyone else on the opposing team dies and she is the last one left. Then there’s nothing I can do but forfeit since Nest soaks up unlimited damage and never takes a turn.

Do others with CLS and Han squads have this problem, or am I doing something wrong?
  • @PoD Run a different squad :-)

Nest is a (very) hard counter to teams with a bunch of turn meter reduction. The best you can do is try to time the moves so you will not remove turn meter and let her take a turn.
    Autoing a fight is no fun. It takes away from the strategic feel. That's what I enjoy, and that's why I make a point to go against Nest when I can. I obliterate her with Palps, and my cousin (who may or may not be better than me) reports the same. Nest is beatable folks, and autoing is just... plain lazy.

You have time to play the game. Why not enjoy it while you play?
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    @PoD Run a different squad :-)

I think you’re right. Sometimes I can beat her with that squad. But mostly I can’t.