A Game of Chance! Slot machine luck

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I have 5 G12 fully omegad and some zetad Bounty Hunters, half of them with 6* mods, and I've still had 50 attempts at the top tier, with no end in sight. And yes, I know the proper strategy. I got the strategy straight from people who have won it. It's 100% still an RNG game, and I'm sorry but you won't convince me otherwise. My experience says it's completely random how any given battle will go.

EDIT: Final tally, 71 attempts (give or take), and I finally broke through. That's ridiculous.

no you don't, unless your mods are garbage. pics.

I'm not 100% sure whose mods I put on who, but I took the mods from my Jedi for the event. So the mods on Bastila, Ezra, Jolee, GMYoda, and Hoda (I think, maybe GK) were moved over. Feel free to take a look at them in my swgoh.gg account. https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/

Dunno why you would doubt me anyway... I have nothing to gain by lying.

While those may be good good mods, they may not be optimized for the event and BH. Thats part of the strategy.

First of all, I had over 250% potency on the team as a whole (could've done more but I balanced with speed), mixed with Crit damage, health and prot, and other important factors, all of which help them to survive and hit harder. I don't know what could be more appropriate for the event than that.

Second of all, you're saying that the strategy is to mod well, when modding is itself another RNG dependent exercise. I used the mods I had available, because I don't have other good mods, because there is virtually no way to control what mods you get.

I'm sorry, but if the only way to have the event not be dependent on RNG is to have been playing for years so that you happen to have a good selection of mods built up, then I still think this is majorly flawed.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • If you are unhappy with this event, send an email to the developers and leave feedback.

We need to flood their inbox with emails as this is not fun. It's not challenging. It's a lesson in how to not develop an aspect of a game. They need to hear it on the forum and in their inbox.
  • This is the worst event I've ever played in 30 years of gaming. There is no strategy or trick. I have a G12 team with Boba (Lead), Greedo, Denger, Zam Cad Bane with my arena mods 230 speed - 260 speed. That was the first two hours off attempts.

The next two hours have been with Potency Mods and 215 - 230 speed without a single chance of winning. Out of the 4 hours and 300 + attempts, I've killed chewie 3 times and not another character in the line up. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. There is zero fun with this event. You would think after 200 attempts they would throw a mercy attempt your way. Even if I happen to completed this event, I will still not feel any accomplishment, this is 100% RNG.

I would like for the developers to post a video and how many attempts and how many hours it took them to complete this event with a Normal BH team. An everyday player team. I would love to watch them fail over and over and over again. 0% fun... Your Event sucks....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And if Dengar and Bossk are required, make them required and not have it be a "Bounty Hunter" Mission/Event.

Not required, but since there are different BH than they 5 you are trying. Maybe you could try a different team. In this game that would be referred to as startegy.

This game is built on team building and part of that is building a counter to an opposition. If your team doesnt complement each other and play on the weaknesses of the opposing team, you are going to have a hard time.
    And if Dengar and Bossk are required, make them required and not have it be a "Bounty Hunter" Mission/Event.

Not required, but since there are different BH than they 5 you are trying. Maybe you could try a different team. In this game that would be referred to as startegy.

This game is built on team building and part of that is building a counter to an opposition. If your team doesnt complement each other and play on the weaknesses of the opposing team, you are going to have a hard time.

You say that as if we have any good BH options without spending money. Bossk maybe would be achievable (wasn't for me), but none of the other new ones are accessible. Which means we don't really have any options. If you're like me and Bossk wasn't acheivable, then there are precisely 6 BH you can use to try and build a five BH team. There's no variability there.

So is your argument, then, that it's not RNG based if you'll just spend some money?
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Yeah, cause all of us F2P have ALL 10 Bounty Hunters to pick and choose from. Ridiculous.

You say that as if we have any good BH options without spending money. Bossk maybe would be achievable (wasn't for me), but none of the other new ones are accessible. Which means we don't really have any options. If you're like me and Bossk wasn't acheivable, then there are precisely 6 BH you can use to try and build a five BH team. There's no variability there.

So is your argument, then, that it's not RNG based if you'll just spend some money?

^Exactly this.
  • otoa96gl4txx.png

Yes, Kyno, your condescending response tells us everything we need to know.

But, since you've taken to targeting me, please tell me which strategy you would use with this?

Oh, I know. Try 100+ times and keep dying and switching mods and completely upending multiple squads just to have a chance, which I've already done and never killed more than one rebel in ANY battle. Let me guess, invest money(which I don't have) into crystals so I can buy them all. Spending money is not a strategy. Farming Bossk wasn't an option over the past few months as I have been farming Mother Talzin and Visas Marr for the Sith Raid, another wonderfully broken product in game but that's another topic.

Even with this squad posted, I SHOULD have a 1 in 100 chance. But it's less than that. ANY BH squad should have a reasonable chance with multiple g12 and multiple Zeta. That is simply not true.

Other members in my guild have Bossk & Dengar as well as the 5 I have. They're well over 100 attempts as well. Multiple mod swaps have done nothing for them either despite being G12 and Zeta.

That is no strategy.

This is just sadistic design on the developers part. It's not fun. It's not challenging. It's alienating the player base and if you can't see that, I'm sorry for you.
  • Remove the Preloaded Turn meter. Simple fix. Have both sides start at 0.
  • I did it in 10 attempts with only one gear 12 toon.

My team was

L- zBossk gear 12 the zeta was on his leadership.
    - Boba gear 11
    - Dengar gear 11
    - Gredo gear 11
    - Zam gear 9

Team composition Matters. Dengar for instance allows you choose who needs to be attacked and not who R2's stealth tells you must. Bossk geared and intelligently modded can do wonders on keeping toons alive. I wouldn't even try minus Dengar.

Mods matter. I spent hours raiding the best mods for the event before I tried. I researched and asked for advice on the issue. It paid off.

Toon development matters. Gear effects the survivability thus greatly reduces the odds of one or more toons dieing in that nasty opening salvo those rebels can unleash.Plus gear affects the effectiveness of your attacks. The same can be said of abilities. I got lucky as I feel my gear was a bit low.

Kill order matters. Chewbacca must die early. You must plan your attack. You start at a disadvantage as they go first. If you are as random as the RNG you will likely lose even if RNG is favoring you.

Luck matters. Lets face it if they kill a key toon before you get a turn your going to lose. Until you get a turn you are at their mercy. Preparation with right mods and high gear level reduces this. But regardless the RNG is always going to be a factor given you start at it's mercy.

You just have to plan your mods knowing your team will take a beating before you can do a thing. Speed is less important because of this in my opinion. Speed is still important but just less so. Protection and tenacity is more important for the same reason.

So yes RNG matters, but it isn't planning will take some of the RNG out of it. Mods effect survivability greatly and effectiveness of your attacks and it isn't just about speed. This is not just a slot machine. There is much more than luck effecting this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Bossk is achievable, and if you were trying for this event anyone could have prioritized him.

The OP seems to not want to use dengar which many have stated makes the event easier.... so again options that are choices and have nothing to do with a slot machine.

Many F2P are getting him, so no $$ required.
    Kyno wrote: »

Bossk is achievable, and if you were trying for this event anyone could have prioritized him.

The OP seems to not want to use dengar which many have stated makes the event easier.... so again options that are choices and have nothing to do with a slot machine.

Many F2P are getting him, so no $$ required.

Very true I am F2P. I have Chewbacca. It is all about farming and gearing the right toons, placing the right mods, using the right strategy, and then a little luck. But it is very doable as a F2P if one starts a farming early with a stated goal of getting Chewbacca.
  • Hey I'm F2P and I got him too. But not everyone can just drop all their farms to push for someone like Bossk. That would actually be bad resource management...

And even guys in my guild who did have a G12 zBossk and G12 Dengar, and the like, still took literally hundreds of attempts to get through the event. It's 100% a slot machine.
  • Can't agree with a 100% slot machine. Otherwise a level 70 player could get a 7* Chewie. If you gear up, have the right mods and farm the right BH's, it's doable. I'm F2P, ignored Dengar and managed to get Chewie at 7*. Did it suck? Ha ha, yeah, I was **** for a whole day. Then I swapped all my faster arena mods onto my G12's and waited for R2 to not smokescreen and within 10 attempts, I had it. Chewie was my top priority so I felt prepared and KNEW I could get him, it was just a matter of swapping mods and working to make it happen. 12 days is a huge window too. Best of luck to everyone!