Grand Arena Tie gives WIN to player with HIGHER GP?!

Wedge_on_Android
1 posts Member
edited December 2018
Grand Arena is all based around pitting people of nearly equal power against each other by using galactic power as the standard. This already isn't a perfect system.. but that's not the point here.

I did Grand Arena this week and won 2 battles and tied the last one. When I got my rewards, I got a message saying "your grand arena banners were tied. You lost the tie based on GP". I figured I must have lost because I had a leg up on him, thinking my GP was higher.

It turns out.. in the event of a tie.. the person with HIGHER GP (also known as the person with the advantage) wins by default.

If the whole idea of grand arena is to match people of similar power.. why would the person with the Galactic Power handicap lose in the event of a tie?!?

mhh9j1h0xyuc.jpg

uzcxy99v6r1s.jpg

bjil7jbljon9.jpg

Replies

• Because CG wants you to develop your roster. Rewarding the higher GP in the case of a tie incentivises you to do so.
  • Why did I lose when I had the higher gp? This is F’d
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Why did I lose when I had the higher gp? This is F’d

I believe it’s based on relevant char GP or at the very least char GP, not total GP.

I’m only saying that out of my own experience, I tied and won, he had more total GP, but I had more char GP.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189521/grand-arena-bug-megathread/p31
    posted this in bug megathread...I'm 145k up in character GP but lost...please explain?
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Why did I lose when I had the higher gp? This is F’d
    I believe it’s based on relevant char GP [...]

That would make the most sense, right? Explains why we see "the lower one win".

Lowest should win then, or just a coinflip, but that's a different matter.
  • First, having a lower GP does not mean that you were at a disadvantage. I've been in plenty of matches where my opponent had a higher GP, yet they had zero chance to win because I had much better toons and mods.

Second, as others have said, giving the win to higher GP incentivizes roster development. It offsets the incentive to only develop key toons and leave everyone else at g1 lvl1. I think it is a good idea for this reason.
  • Grand Arena is all based around pitting people of nearly equal power against each other by using galactic power as the standard. This already isn't a perfect system.. but that's not the point here.

I did Grand Arena this week and won 2 battles and tied the last one. When I got my rewards, I got a message saying "your grand arena banners were tied. You lost the tie based on GP". I figured I must have lost because I had a leg up on him, thinking my GP was higher.

It turns out.. in the event of a tie.. the person with HIGHER GP (also known as the person with the advantage) wins by default.

If the whole idea of grand arena is to match people of similar power.. why would the person with the Galactic Power handicap lose in the event of a tie?!?

mhh9j1h0xyuc.jpg

uzcxy99v6r1s.jpg

bjil7jbljon9.jpg

Calculated by only applicable GP, i.e. Character GP.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Tiebreaking GA matches by available GP was arbitrary and kinda silly. In GAC with the new matchmaking it is simply ridiculous, whether you use total GP, total character GP or the top-{x} GP value used for matchmaking.

A simple coin-flip would be better. Player with the least deployed GP (offense + defense) would be better still.