How about you make believable chracter powers?

DEATHCOYOTE
977 posts Member
edited December 2018
Your model of game design with C3PO is beyond the pale. Next thing I’m doubtless in the works is Jar Jar with a mass annihilate. C3PO Only ever got in the way except Endor when he contributed to the mass genocide of the ewoks.

Please pick a more common sense character to give rediculous powers to by all means, and not just such a nincompoop as he is. My word, you make the lightside look bad when you drag the bottom of the barrel for characters to make insanely OP with buffs. You know the Jedi that trained ObiWan and Anakin? WHY NOT HIM??? Dude was an insane lightsaber duelist, that makes sense. Not the **** robot that hitches rides with Jawas.

Replies

• Um, it’s a game, so, I’m not sure why this one needs to have a certain power. If that were the case C3PO would do nothing and getting gear 11-12 Ewoks with zeta chirpa would be useless and terrible to spend time on.
    I’m glad how C3PO is, he’s an iconic character, even if people don’t like him, most people know who he is when they see him, so the game had to make him good.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Um, it’s a game, so, I’m not sure why this one needs to have a certain power. If that were the case C3PO would do nothing and getting gear 11-12 Ewoks with zeta chirpa would be useless and terrible to spend time on.
    I’m glad how C3PO is, he’s an iconic character, even if people don’t like him, most people know who he is when they see him, so the game had to make him good.

It’s an aspect of the game design that they use specific characters to hold specific combat abilities. I want a lightside that makes sense and not more of the absurdity that is the architect of the Ewok genocide.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I keep saying this but it sounds like you're looking for a different game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I’m looking for consistency of design.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I’m looking for consistency of design.

Therefore a different game.
  • I get your point. And I agree to an extent that the op kits should be reserved for tbe op characters in lore. But, if they did that it would mostly be galaxy of sith. I like sith and run them but I also see the point that some like characters without lightsabers too.

I also disagree that qui gon is the best choice for an op kit. Yes he was a good warrior but nowhere near the caliber of Kenobi, windu, yoda, and Anakin. He did lose to darth maul after all and maul was a good combatant but not a super powerful sith. But yes, him being powerful makes more sense than 3PO. But I'd say windu would get the op kit before qui gon. He did go toe to two with sideous after all. Even though I think sideous was losing on purpose to turn anakin, windu held out better than the others and was one of the best the jedi had. Not quite yoda level but deserving of a good kit.
  • I get your point. And I agree to an extent that the op kits should be reserved for tbe op characters in lore. But, if they did that it would mostly be galaxy of sith. I like sith and run them but I also see the point that some like characters without lightsabers too.

I also disagree that qui gon is the best choice for an op kit. Yes he was a good warrior but nowhere near the caliber of Kenobi, windu, yoda, and Anakin. He did lose to darth maul after all and maul was a good combatant but not a super powerful sith. But yes, him being powerful makes more sense than 3PO. But I'd say windu would get the op kit before qui gon. He did go toe to two with sideous after all. Even though I think sideous was losing on purpose to turn anakin, windu held out better than the others and was one of the best the jedi had. Not quite yoda level but deserving of a good kit.

Who said qui gon? He wasn’t the one who trained both Obi and Anakin in the art of the lightsaber. Qui gon died before anakin even became a padawan.

Who said qui gon? He wasn’t the one who trained both Obi and Anakin in the art of the lightsaber. Qui gon died before anakin even became a padawan.

I guess I missed the and anakin part and saw trained obiwan and assumed qui gon.

So yoda then. But he's already good.
  • OP kits on the undeserving?

Ezra says hi.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Um, it’s a game, so, I’m not sure why this one needs to have a certain power. If that were the case C3PO would do nothing and getting gear 11-12 Ewoks with zeta chirpa would be useless and terrible to spend time on.

It’s an aspect of the game design that they use specific characters to hold specific combat abilities. I want a lightside that makes sense and not more of the absurdity that is the architect of the Ewok genocide.

Who cares what you want?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

A light side that makes sense? Dude, characters are wielding lightsabers and using force abilities. Javeling throwing teddy bears kill both jedi and sith. Don't expect everything to make sense in this game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Great you found two examples. You didn't mention the part where I can have Jedi Revan and Kylo Ren on the same team, or that Ewoks can beat the Emperor. It's a bunch of holograms.
  • C3PO was the most inconsequential character in Star Wars. Jedi Luke used him as a freakin prop to sucker the ewoks into fighting for the rebels... a darkside maneuver imho, which also led to their genocide as the second Death Star debris destroyed the Endor moon. Hes the bottom of the barrel for who should be meta. Much better options but they make HIM the choice. 🤨
  • Crap I just realized the really might add jar jar binks if they added C-3P0if the add more useless support characters might as well add Jabba, give bounty hunters the meta they deserve
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Typherrion wrote: »
    Crap I just realized the really might add jar jar binks if they added C-3P0if the add more useless support characters might as well add Jabba, give bounty hunters the meta they deserve

Actually Jar Jar as a non-attacking support (certainly not as OP as C-3PO or Hermit Yoda) along with other gungan toons is not a bad idea. We already have Tuskens, Jawas and Geos. Also Jabba is a MUST!

I’d like to see the Gungans use boomas in battle.
    TVF wrote: »
    Great you found two examples. You didn't mention the part where I can have Jedi Revan and Kylo Ren on the same team, or that Ewoks can beat the Emperor. It's a bunch of holograms.

Even though it's a game, the lore consistency isn't entirely absent as i already mentioned and it won't hurt if the devs try to stick to it here and there (i don't mean at 100%).
    Could it be possible that C-3PO could be part of the other >100%?
  • Make a gungan meta, please
    Jar jar
    Tarpaals
    Soldier
    Grenadier
    Boss nass
  • Valaraukar wrote: »
    Make a gungan meta, please
    Jar jar
    Tarpaals
    Soldier
    Grenadier
    Boss nass

You can’t be serious but you probably are. More lightside toons! The game is infested worse than a pirate ship with rats with lightside toons as it is. Not just lightside toons, but absurd powers on them. What the heck is with L3??? She got shot once and died. Not just respawning like a dang NS zombie. My word, we are already dealing with a genre where there exists SPACE MAGIC... and they can’t find enough to work with they have to fabricate out of the ether powers the characters never had????????????
  • Dude, did you already forget? You're just collecting a bunch of holograms to eventually fight against a hutt. These holograms don't have to obey any of your so called design constraints.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why does plague work on droids!!!!!! I demand answers.

Should be like Theon Greyjoy getting booted in the groin in Season 7 - shrugs it off and lays a beat down!
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Dude, did you already forget? You're just collecting a bunch of holograms to eventually fight against a hutt. These holograms don't have to obey any of your so called design constraints.

So what? That doesn't mean we can't have more DS content to even the odds, does it.

Do you 2 ever get an argument beyond 'Lightside Bias'? which only exists so far as most of the movies are centered around heroes, not villains.
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Dude, did you already forget? You're just collecting a bunch of holograms to eventually fight against a hutt. These holograms don't have to obey any of your so called design constraints.

So what? That doesn't mean we can't have more DS content to even the odds, does it.

Do you 2 ever get an argument beyond 'Lightside Bias'? which only exists so far as most of the movies are centered around heroes, not villains.

But only in the movies! Wasn't this game supposed to not strictly follow the lore, as most of you often like to point out?

outside of the movies, the characters are usually stupid levels of powerful, like Starkiller, I agree that more could be added, but given that the majority of the last year has been dominated by Sith, There needs to be time before DS characters worthy of a legendary or HJ come along, especially, because there aren't many worthy of a legendary or Journey event outside of the Sith.