Should I just move on from my Arena team?

HK666
1263 posts Member
I'm running a Palp team in my shard. I'm in top 200, and I know I don't have the mods to get much further than top 50 (left the game, came back, kept my account)

I'm Revan ready, and I've got Traya on the way (but, like 50-60/145 or something). I know Palp lead is old an all, but I've stayed in top 200 (it's getting harder and harder), so I figured I'll keep it till Revan or Traya come back. Some one told me I should zeta Bastila lead and run her for a while, but I wasn't really dropping so I kept Palp.

Now, it's getting harder and harder to keep rank, and I'm realizing I probably should of listened. But with my shiny 7* Chewie, I've got more options than Bast lead. So I figured I've got 3 options

1- Keep to my plan, wait till Revan or Traya (Revan came back a month after Chewie, so hopefully that stays that way)

2- Zeta Bast, run Jedi

3- Zeta Chewie and C3, and maybe one more. Run Rebels, maybe benefit long-term if I have Juke requirements.

I've got 5 zetas saved, and a whole lot of gear (I was saving to bring Jedi to g12 for when Revan came back, and then to bring BH to g12 if I needed to for Chewie. Which I did not) so if gear or zetas are holding me back it's not an issue.

if option 3 is the best option, I'll need some mod advice

my roster below

https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/characters/

thanks!

Replies

• ncbrown4297
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I would say your best chance at climbing is CLS, Han, R2, Chewie, and C3PO. Unfortunately, I don't know how to mod them but I know that team can beat Revan whereas Traya/Palp/Bastila have to try much harder. In terms of defense all teams will drop (except Revan), but how far you'll drop depends on the makeup of your shard. When I used to run EP teams I would actually lose to CLS, Han, R2, Chewie, OB, so I know that core has good defensive potential against people running EP without Traya.

Edit:

I didn't notice this before, but you already have the characters required for Revan.... I would say do nothing and stick with your current team until Revan drops. Spend all your resources gearing up General Kenobi and saving up gear/zetas for Revan. I think Revan, Jolee, Bastila, GK, and GMY is possibly the strongest defensive and offensive team in the history of the game at the moment.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    If I go CLS, what zetas should I go for? I currently have IBAT, Combat anaylsis, and Shoots first. I'm willing to drop three more, but I'd keep like to keep it at two

@ncbrown4297

I know all teams will drop on D. But when Palp was meta early this year I made it to top 60 and barely got knocked past 160. Now I've got to search for NS to make it to top 120, and get knocked back to 220. My point is my team is old and while the plan was to wait, the team is getting a little too old.

@UnstopableSteve

The worst that can happen is the 'waste' of a zeta. While I know it's not a complete waste, I feel like I'd get more mileage out of other options. Just don't like the idea of zetaing a lead when I might only use it for one month. Still, maybe it's two or three months, and there is still GA and whatnot to consider, even tho Bast is good under Revan lead. Decisions decisions. Honestly, I should of jumped to Jedi like two months ago
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    I've just started reaching top 5 again after adding Thrawn and C3 to my CLS Chewie Han core. Great team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Blackblooded
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    With the characters you currently have, I would work on the CLS team but be Revan ready (ie keep three zetas on hand). CLS, han, chewie, r2 and c3po are excellent in TW and GA on offense to beat traya/revan teams while you keep your own revan on defense. Until you get revan, the team is great in arena (3rd after revan and traya), I would probably zeta number crunch (still a very good zeta regardless of r2's use) and loyal friend. I have a zbastilla but I used her for months in arena before revan. I use her for a 2nd jedi team lead now but probably wouldn't prioritize her zeta at this point.
    Just my opinion on mods, there are definitely differing opinions
    Chewie seems to perform best with cd/cc set since he does % damage and gets all those assist calls.
    CLS: cd/cc if you can get him fast enough (+120ish) otherwise speed/cc
    R2/c3: speed/potency
    Han: cd/cc
  • Options
    You never now when Wiggs is getting a rework. Mark my words, that’s the next meta
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    If I go CLS, what zetas should I go for? I currently have IBAT, Combat anaylsis, and Shoots first. I'm willing to drop three more, but I'd keep like to keep it at two

Number Crunch (R2) and Loyal Friend (Chewie) are both pretty dope. Probably Oh My Goodness (3P0) or CLS's lead if you go for the third.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    If you are facing Revan or Bastila, CLS lead is vital.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    While I'll probably wait for last few hours before GA lock, it looks like CLS is the route

Zeta wise, I think I'll go for CLS lead, Loyal Friend, and maybe one on R2 or C3.

When I asked for mod advice, I was talking more turn order and guard on CLS or C3

Team wise- CLS, Han, Chewie, C3- last slot goes to Thrawn, r2 or Old Ben?
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn 100%.

You want CLS guarded.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

Give me a minute on turn order.
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I dont even know what youre thinking. You have a perfect rebel team already, which is stronger than a traya team. Go cls for sure.

To the squad question, dont go with thrawn, youll benefit much more from r2, especially because of number crunch.
  • Options
    Agreed, definitely r2 with that team.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I dont even know what youre thinking. You have a perfect rebel team already, which is stronger than a traya team. Go cls for sure.

To the squad question, dont go with thrawn, youll benefit much more from r2, especially because of number crunch.

Did you see my squad?

Last four days 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 4th in a sea of Revans.

Thrawn's fracture is more valuable than anything a different fifth brings to that spot.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    @HK666 what squads are in your range? My turn order is built specifically for Revan but Traya is a breeze and haven't seen any Bastilla or NS in a while, and other CLS teams are also easy regardless of comp.

• Options
    I run Bastilla and maintain 100-200 with fast mods...though if I really want I can get to 50-100. I'm f2p and don't have Revan yet. I should be able to get him next time it comes around which will put me in top 50. If your farming for Revan and want to run jedi over sith then you could level up your current jedi for now until the event comes back. Or you can wait until you get Traya while still running sith. You'll need her to get back into the top 50 with them. Good luck.

BTW there's a Maul lead that beats Revan if you really like sith. Can't remember the exact team composition though.
  • Options
    Honestly there r 6 eps in my top 50 because they can beat jedis revans and whatever other teams r there. If u cant beat teams u will drop. If u have bad mods won’t matter what team u run if it’s jedis u won’t be able to beat jedis either. You need to improve ur mods and practice. U will drop when u don’t get better because that’s what those behind u r doing.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    I've been ready for Revan for a while. Had everyone at 5* when his event ended

I believe that anti-Revan Maul teams had Nest, and bonus protection has been changed since. Tenacity can help tho

@TVF

A mix of all teams, really. Revans/Traya are low in my range (and poorly modded) , but I'm sure I'll see more once I get back in top 100. Lots of CLS, JTR, EP, and NS.

And I did see your mods. That's a great starting point for me to look at.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yeah the anti-Revan Maul teams get stealth except for Nest, so Revan would mark her and they would beat up on her to no effect. There's still one I see at or near the top of my shard. Haven't looked at mods but I'd agree probably loaded with tenacity now.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Quick follow up

I've started to set up arena mods for while I prep formy jump over.

I didn't really arrange my EP team by sets but by speed secondary, but I have my CLS team loadouts set by set. As a result, it the teams slower, but they've got all the crit sets and everything. Should I drop the sets in favor of faster mods?

As an example, current the loadouts for my EP team give (I could probably pump up the speed on these ones, cuz I haven't remodded in a while)

+ 80 speed (health, crit chance, and potency sets), +101 speed (health set *2), +100 speed (crit chance and health set), +83 speed (health and crit chance)

while the new CLS team loadouts give
    +73 speed (potency and speed set, so not counting the +10%, +84 (crit chance and damage set), +90 speed (health and crit damage), +86 speed (crit chance and damage)

should I keep them as they are now, with the priority on keeping sets together, or should I just go by speed secondary and get the fastest team possible?
  • Blackblooded
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I think it depends on how much speed you can gain and how fast your opponents are in your shard (a +5-10sp increase is probably not worth it unless you are specifically trying to be faster then certain players). I have had to sacrifice ideal mods sets for speed for that reason (my revan ideally would not have a a sp and health set but I have a bunch of revans at +140sp so he has to go as fast as possible). I made a loadout profile just to make alternate sets and play with mods. Try your ideal sets out in arena and see how it works on offense. If you you aren't happy, make speed sets (with the best secondaries) for each character and try that out also. Chewie probably benefits most from his sets and you can sacrifice a little sp for a cd/cc set. Look at TVF''s profile from above. That's what a great mod set looks like on this team.
  • Options
    CLS Chewie RHan R2 + 1
    Very powerful.

Before Unlock Traya, or Revan.
    Luke and his friends are the best choice.