GA round too long?

So I am a huge fan of GA. I think it is a great addition to the game and a lot if fun to go 1v1 vs other players. I know people will disagree, and that's ok. My only issue is the ridiculously long time for each phase. 24 hours for a setting defense is way too long!
Originally TB was supposed to be 12 hours for an entire guild! Now for GA, only one player, and the time frame is the same 24 hours. Anyone else feel like it should be 12 hours for defense and 12 hours for offense?

Replies

• Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Players are worldwide, so anything less than 24 hrs would exclude ppl in certain parts of the world, particularly with lives.
    I think the time could possibly be reduced somehow tho, especially If payout times (now that they can be changed) played a part in matchmaking.. maybe.. But that would likely be difficult and cause new issues
  • KickinAces wrote: »
    So I am a huge fan of GA. I think it is a great addition to the game and a lot if fun to go 1v1 vs other players. I know people will disagree, and that's ok. My only issue is the ridiculously long time for each phase. 24 hours for a setting defense is way too long!
    Originally TB was supposed to be 12 hours for an entire guild! Now for GA, only one player, and the time frame is the same 24 hours. Anyone else feel like it should be 12 hours for defense and 12 hours for offense?

Yes, too long
  • I'm in California. If my opponent is in Beijing, how is 12 hours going to be fair? One of us will have to set stuff in the morning, the other at night, and it's just inconvenient all around.

24 hours is perfect for Territory Wars, Territory Battles, and Grand Arena. Let the game conform to your schedule instead of the other way around.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think an easy way to think of it is really quite simple. 12 hours is too long for the type of player that logs on 6-10 times/day. 12 hours is too short for the person who is only able to log on 1-2 times/day. Since they have to accommodate everyone going with 24 hours makes more sense.
  • I agree that 24 hours is the only fair way to give everyone worldwide an equal chance to participate.
    I also agree that the GA takes way too long.
    I think that the rewards are a big part of that. A TB takes a week and gives far better rewards. A TW takes 3 days, also far better rewards. For the GA to take a week to play I think the rewards need to be upped exponentially.
  • I think, it would be much better to set up defense only once, and then have 3 attack stages. It will shorten GA dramatically, most of us use same def lines anyway.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    KickinAces wrote: »
    Originally TB was supposed to be 12 hours for an entire guild!

TB is different. There's no opponent. In TB they could easily add a 'Begin next phase' selectable option. However, that will not work in TW and GA, where you can meet opponents from different time zones from all over the world. Anything less than 24 hours will give some players a disadvantage
  • Armatores wrote: »
    I think, it would be much better to set up defense only once, and then have 3 attack stages. It will shorten GA dramatically, most of us use same def lines anyway.

I def dont want that. I analyse my opponents roster and set my defense based on that.

And I realy do not get why people complain about the 24hours...i mean it is not like you have to play for 24 hours...the time you invest stays the same - no matter how long the phases are. People realy need to relax a bit.

• Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Gannon wrote: »
    Players are worldwide, so anything less than 24 hrs would exclude ppl in certain parts of the world, particularly with lives.

Lives... Well, sometimes people are on holiday, are sick, need to take care of kids etc, so 24 hours isnt fair to them. Lets make a freaking defense setting phase last 1 week instead!
    Only 3 weeks to set defenses + 3 weeks to attack + 1 week to signup = ONLY 7 weeks for a GA match, to be convenient for everyone
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Defense and offense takes place at the same time, so? While I would also want the process to be quicker, it doesn't seem possible.
  • I'd like it to be shorter too, but yeah, the time zone thing makes it kind of impossible without screwing somebody over.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KLCS21 wrote: »
    I agree that 24 hours is the only fair way to give everyone worldwide an equal chance to participate.
    I also agree that the GA takes way too long.
    I think that the rewards are a big part of that. A TB takes a week and gives far better rewards. A TW takes 3 days, also far better rewards. For the GA to take a week to play I think the rewards need to be upped exponentially.

I dont really think that you can compare the rewards from TB with GA....TB needs the activity of up to 50 Members where Ga only needs 8 - or most likely one (urself)....so beeing in a progressiv guild is already more time taking then fighting these Ga battles...i need 20 Minutes overall to win 1 GA Round, checking out Teams, setting up defense....in TB you sometimes have to wait for new orders to see how things go and invest more time...i think the rewards from GA are pretty decent for the time investet....keep in mind that these rewards are simply bonus rewards compared to the time without ga....thats already a huge increase in gear/zeta gain - as also the rewards arent really that bad - u get the hard components from a important gear piece...like 50 stun guns...thats sometimes better then the results from mid/low tier guilds in tw/tb. ...im pretty sure u have a high gm judging from your activity - so for you these rewards does seem mediocre - but for low 85 players theyre pretty awesome overall...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The same reasons it needs to be 24 for TW apply for GA.

Not everyone can get into the game in a specific 12 hour period
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Armatores wrote: »
    I think, it would be much better to set up defense only once, and then have 3 attack stages. It will shorten GA dramatically, most of us use same def lines anyway.
    It would shorten it, sure, but why? For one, it would mean if you made a mistake in the first round then congratulations you've made a mistake in all three rounds, it would mean you couldn't experiment and move teams around, and it'd mean that players who LIKE looking at other players' rosters and deploying depending on what they have aren't going to get to do that. I'm not one of them, I do my deployment and then let autodeploy take on the next two rounds--but why should my play style dictate someone else's?

Also, why? Like, sure, maybe we can cut it down to 4 days. But then what? It's not like they're going to run more. There'll just be a longer wait between the events we get.

Just be patient.
    Lives... Well, sometimes people are on holiday, are sick, need to take care of kids etc, so 24 hours isnt fair to them. Lets make a freaking defense setting phase last 1 week instead!
    Only 3 weeks to set defenses + 3 weeks to attack + 1 week to signup = ONLY 7 weeks for a GA match, to be convenient for everyone

Well aren't you an unpleasant person. "I have time to be on whenever I want, so screw everyone else who doesn't." A day is a reasonable ask. A week isn't. Quit acting like we're being crazy people for liking being able to check in on a video game when it fits our life instead of the game punishing us for having that life.

Also your examples are bad. It takes a short time to deploy and a little longer to attack. If you're sick, taking care of kids, or on holidays you would have arguably MORE time to do all that than if you were at work for 8 hours, in traffic for 2 hours, and asleep for 8 hours. If you're going to make a reductio ad absurdum argument, then don't do it bad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Can we have a 'ready to end phase' button, for each player, with the same default timer of 24 hours per phase? That way if both players want to get started and finished early, they can. Sure, people might still drag out the attack phase, but at least it's an option.

You don't necessarily need to speed up the end time for the round (meaning review phase will stretch out to accommodate players who finished attack early) if you want to keep prize payout schedule consistent for everyone. (Though obviously some of us like the idea of being able to farm the rewards faster)

Thanks for considering!