Linking Game to Facebook to Move from iOS to Android

So i recently had my Android phone die, and my swgoh account was never linked to my Google Play Games Account. But I had Linked my girlfriend's iPad to the account back when we didn't need Facebook Connect (**Wish that still was the way it worked now!!!).

Anyway, now that I have a new Android phone i want to link the game to the new phone, and I don't understand what Linking the game to Facebook or using Facebook Connect will do.

1) Will linking my girlfriend's Facebook Account to the Swgoh game (the one on the iPad) result in her Facebook account being spammed with Swgoh game posts (like what happened to her when my girlfriend was playing Farmville!)?

2) I then guess I will need to log into Facebook on my new phone, using my girlfriend's credentials. So after that, can I delete the Facebook App on my new phone to de-link the game on my Phone with my girlfriends Facebook account? Or how would I de-link her Facebook account?

3) Lastly, any idea why they went away from codes displayed in-game used to Link Devices and instead are now using "Facebook Connect"?

Any other tips?

Summary:

(my Old Android cell: DEAD) ---> (gf iPad) ---How?--> (my New Android cell)

Thanks, in advance.