Hypothetical: Two fleets.

When I opened Grand Arena this time around I thought you needed two fleets on defense (I figured it was probably just for my GP bracket, and maybe the one below me) but when I read the thread that's now closed, it sounds like it's just one fleet area.

BUT! It got me wondering, from a hypothetical standpoint, what you would do if there were two fleet zones, each requiring one fleet.

My gut says to put my best fleet in front and my weakest fleet in back, that gives me two mediocre fleets to hit them with. But it also means that if you lose your front, your back is almost certainly gone as well. Reversing it (strong in back, weak in front) would probably be safer. Maybe two weak fleets is the right answer, because then at least you're almost certain to take out whatever they sent on defense. Buuuuuuut since defense is more valuable than offense, maybe the right answer is two strong fleets on defense and hope your two weaker fleets can take the first territory.

It's basically a paper, rock, scissors at this point. Two fleets could be a real challenge, I hope they do it eventually--but would probably have to wait for a fifth capital ship, or else people would riot.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Same thing I would do if it were two squads: evaluate strengths & weaknesses, formulate a strategy and execute it.