Is there any chance I can 7* Chewie?

Prev1
Drageero
151 posts Member
edited December 2018
27v7d068dnza.jpg

I'm close to getting a zeta. I don't really think any zeta will help with the team I currently have, though. I managed to beat tier 6 with some great RNG allowing everyone to counter Lando, and Greedo to blast away at Chewie.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    It will take you a couple of hours but I think you can with Embo. I've seen people claim to do so with a lesser gear / weaker team
  • Gotta gear up their abilitues, but dengars stealth is super important
  • Not a chance in hell. They’ve tuned this event prohibitively and extraordinarily difficult.
    I’ve got g12 boba and bossk, g11 ig88, Dengar and greedo. I’ve been trying about 3 hours and have gotten just chewie down maybe twice.
    I’ve gone full potency mods with boba lead and full protection/health with bossk lead. Not even close.
    The fact that their team gets a full 2 turns each before you even get to go means anything but crazy geared will be dead before you can even make a move.
  • Yeah, I got crazy lucky on T6. T7....I keep getting smoked.
  • I managed it with this: wo0wwki7vrj3.jpg
    iqea8sqpgefc.jpg
  • Edit: 2 turn before you get to go and 2 turn per every turn you get. Very frustrating indeed
  • Smakala how did you do it? Boba lead?
  • boba lead, yes. 90ish tries. I think if you can consistently kill chewie, you stand a chance.
  • Took me a solid 4 hours of trying today but finally made it. You need the perfect set of rng to get it done apparently
  • 7* chewie with bossk G12 (L), IG-88 G11, boba G10, cad bane G10 and dengar G9
  • Instead of rushing on Embo (or even buying him) you should have cared about Bossk. His leader is beastly and makes the team extremely resilient and hard to crack, especially if you run the classic five: bossk, boba, dengar, boba and ig88. All of them spam debuffs, plus bossk is also a fast tank. You may do it with these and with some arena-tier mods, but I doubt it unfortunately.

Just for the records, I made it first try on all the stages with these, absolute piece of cake:

8d9a9so3p8gt.png
  • zzBossk, Boba, IG88, Greedo, Dengar all G12 and I lose 1-2 before I get an action. These events require too much luck or doing the mod-dance. When I see 3-4 hours and think how utterly stupid these events can be. Everything is fun until these **** events come rolling along, boo.
  • After > 10 hours of trying i beated tier 7
  • Drageero wrote: »
    27v7d068dnza.jpg

I'm close to getting a zeta. I don't really think any zeta will help with the team I currently have, though. I managed to beat tier 6 with some great RNG allowing everyone to counter Lando, and Greedo to blast away at Chewie.

You are most likely not going to beat it with what you have. I honestly don't understand why you didn't try to farm Bossk, it was very clear from the first time the event came around that Bossk was pretty much the only safe choice. Maybe your Embo can pull something off but I wouldn't count on it. Don't waste a zeta unless you get very close to beating it and you think that the zeta could have made the difference, save your zeta for when your Bossk is ready
  • DontSteptoThis
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    gwunbd300eyr.png

G12 ZBoba, G11 Cad IG88 Greedo, G9 Dengar
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    Drageero wrote: »
    27v7d068dnza.jpg

You are most likely not going to beat it with what you have. I honestly don't understand why you didn't try to farm Bossk, it was very clear from the first time the event came around that Bossk was pretty much the only safe choice. Maybe your Embo can pull something off but I wouldn't count on it. Don't waste a zeta unless you get very close to beating it and you think that the zeta could have made the difference, save your zeta for when your Bossk is ready

Thanks for actually providing feedback on what I have and not just listing what you used to beat the event.

I didn't farm Bossk because I like Embo much more. Bossk isn't required to beat Chewie anyway. The counter attacks from Embo's lead help a lot, as well as the extra health steal.

I'm farming Bossk now, so I do plan on putting a zeta on him, but that's a ways off. I doubt putting a zeta on Embo would make a noticeable difference, but I like using him and I wouldn't regret putting one on him. I'm not sure which one is the better choice, though.

• I haven't seen proof but heard 7* Zembo lead can crush it.
  • Drageero wrote: »
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    Drageero wrote: »
    27v7d068dnza.jpg

Thanks for actually providing feedback on what I have and not just listing what you used to beat the event.

I didn't farm Bossk because I like Embo much more. Bossk isn't required to beat Chewie anyway. The counter attacks from Embo's lead help a lot, as well as the extra health steal.

I'm farming Bossk now, so I do plan on putting a zeta on him, but that's a ways off. I doubt putting a zeta on Embo would make a noticeable difference, but I like using him and I wouldn't regret putting one on him. I'm not sure which one is the better choice, though.

I like Embo as a character more than Bossk too, I actually have him as my profile picture because he's my favorite bounty Hunter. However it made sense to have Bossk for me because he's the only taunter in the faction as well as he has a badass ship which seems like they way to go.

I got my Embo g11 and 6 stars literally yesterday so I don't feel like I've lost anything by delaying him a few weeks.

BTW did you manage to beat the event?
  • Thank bossk zeta lead is esentialy here. Rest dosent matter, and max speed
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I’ll choose to believe my own eyes, the experiences of my guild mates, and those on here who have noticed it. Guess what? Another refresh, no Logray. Been MIA for two weeks now going on three.
  • I’ll choose to believe my own eyes, the experiences of my guild mates, and those on here who have noticed it. Guess what? Another refresh, no Logray. Been MIA for two weeks now going on three.

Oof....posted on the wrong thread.
  • Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    Thank bossk zeta lead is esentialy here. Rest dosent matter, and max speed

All that matters is 7* Dengar. Cannot be done without it. Those who said they did it are lying.
    Should rename this event, "Dengar's Journey"
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    Thank bossk zeta lead is esentialy here. Rest dosent matter, and max speed

All that matters is 7* Dengar. Cannot be done without it. Those who said they did it are lying.
    Should rename this event, "Dengar's Journey"

FWIW I didn't use Dengar. I got 7* Chewie the 1st time around using zBossk(G12), Boba(G12), Zam(G11), IG-88(G11), and Greedo(G12). Maybe I got lucky with a blessing from RNGesus, but it didn't take me a lot of attempts. Due to my ignorance at the time, I didn't even consider Dengar as a viable option when I did it.
  • I've been seeing people say to take Boba out of the line up. Apparently he makes it a lot harder than without him. But with that being said, I got Chewie to 7* with zBossk, zBoba, Greedo, Dengar, and what's his face with the gloves. Also, being blessed by RNG.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Don't use AoEs unless its thermal detonators.
  • ommcwb1nozac.jpg
    I have been trying to beat tier 7 for almost a week now, but can't even kill one enemy before getting slaughtered.
    Do you guys think its possible?
  • I did it with 0 G12, and kill Lando first, then Chewie, Han, R2, and last Rolo. I used zBossk, Boba, Zam, Cad, and Dengar. Dengar must be in stealth to stop R2's stealth, and you have to fufill your contract and place loads of deatonators. Hope this helps. Mods are a key part as well.
  • ****, that sucks! I put too much time on these toons and was hoping i could make it!