Grand Arena Placements for 12/29: How’s it determined?

Prev1
So what’s the deal with the latest methods of calculating placement? It’s not GP. I have a higher GP than most but below. Is it now by win/loss then GP?
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    What gp bracket you in?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I still think its GP

All 8 players in my Grand Arena bracket only have a difference of a couple 100s GP

the player with the most GP and the player with the lowest only have a difference of 466 GP
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Okay something is wrong with in-game calculations. Here’s my current GA snapshot which is also the same snapshot you get from clicking on my in-game player name (top left of main page, or by going into Guilds and then Manage):

hiajkca8vpwz.jpeg

Yet here’s my GP from within the Characters screen, which appears to match my placement in my GA matchup list.

g9ts5m3akd1q.jpeg

Here’s the current rankings within my GA matchup list:

1st is 4,694,815 = HUH?
    2nd is 4,695,455

i10gic11ohm3.jpeg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Notice 1st and 2nd GP values I posted above? Even those are out of order.

I’m assuming the GP is changing after the GA is set, but you’d think the player stats from within GA wouldn’t change to help with setting defense. Further, why are both my screens reporting different values at the same time?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • @CG_SBCrumb there’s some inconsistencies with the calculations above, if you are take a look. Not sure how many it’s affecting. Maybe it’s just random initially before any fights, then goes by GP? But that wouldn’t explain why my in-game GP values are reporting differently in my various screens.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • We demand answers!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'd love to hear why this matters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'd love to hear why this matters.

Because if you tie it goes by your GP! It happens. In fact, the very first GA my guildie tied and lost.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The pre-event placement has zero effect on the number of banners you get, which is the only tie that matters.

So now why does it matter?
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Okay something is wrong with in-game calculations. Here’s my current GA snapshot which is also the same snapshot you get from clicking on my in-game player name (top left of main page, or by going into Guilds and then Manage):

hiajkca8vpwz.jpeg

Yet here’s my GP from within the Characters screen, which appears to match my placement in my GA matchup list.

g9ts5m3akd1q.jpeg

1st is 4,694,815 = HUH?
    2nd is 4,695,455

i10gic11ohm3.jpeg

The GP in the top pick takes longer to refresh, upwards of an hour. The 2nd pic your GP changes with every little thing you do, like switch mods. I experimented with this a while back when a guildie pointed it out the discrepancy in his GP from screen to screen.

So your placement in your GA bracket is probably based on your 2nd pic, assuming you made some changes at the last minute.

Hmmm...I’m not sure how to look up your locked GP..
    I looks like every time you click on somebody’s inventory, it shows their (and your)current GP & Inventories, not their locked. Good to know.
    Post edited by AKAren on
  • The gp is different because it is based on your gp at lock in, not current gp.
  • AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry OP, I edited my original answer like 4 times as I was realizing, more clearly, what you were asking.
    Post edited by AKAren on
    The pre-event placement has zero effect on the number of banners you get, which is the only tie that matters.

So now why does it matter?

It may also affect your starting matches (tho likely that’s random). Ultimately, I care about game bugs, especially when I’ve spent so much. Regardless, if my GP is reporting incorrectly then that can matter in ties. Now that AKAren spent his valuable time answering me, you can stop worrying about being argumentative and stop posting your worthless replies.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    And where did they ever say that the 8 teams are "ranked" before the event starts? For all we know, they are just listed in random order until the 1st round ends.

• From what I’ve experienced, I looks like they are listed from highest GP to lowest, which creates a standard seating bracket of 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 6th, and 4th vs 5th.

Realistically, that doesn’t matter because you’re just as likely to have the highest in a group as you are the lowest, unless you are exactly at the cutoff point, i.e. 3,999,999

Where it gets to matter, still only slightly, is when the all the 1-0’s match up with each other and all the 0-1’s, etc.
  • Okay something is wrong with in-game calculations. Here’s my current GA snapshot which is also the same snapshot you get from clicking on my in-game player name (top left of main page, or by going into Guilds and then Manage):

hiajkca8vpwz.jpeg

g9ts5m3akd1q.jpeg

1st is 4,694,815 = HUH?
    2nd is 4,695,455

i10gic11ohm3.jpeg

It takes the value shown at your roster screen. How do I know? Otherwise I would be placed in a bracket above.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    AKAren wrote: »
    From what I’ve experienced, I looks like they are listed from highest GP to lowest, which creates a standard seating bracket of 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 6th, and 4th vs 5th.

Realistically, that doesn’t matter because you’re just as likely to have the highest in a group as you are the lowest, unless you are exactly at the cutoff point, i.e. 3,999,999

Where it gets to matter, still only slightly, is when the all the 1-0’s match up with each other and all the 0-1’s, etc.

Exactly my point. Worthless lol.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Okay something is wrong with in-game calculations.

[...]

i10gic11ohm3.jpeg

One player appears to have increased his roster GP by approximately 3k GP after roster lock. Simple explanation. However, If you can proove that none of the 8 players changed anything that affected their total GP after lock, you may have a point.
  • If one is prone to ties, it might be prudent to take a screen shot of the current ranking so you know where you are with locked GP.

This must be what caused CG to post a statement about ties being broken by locked GP. Enough people must have clicked on opponent’s inventories without realizing you’re being directed toward their current GP.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    And where did they ever say that the 8 teams are "ranked" before the event starts? For all we know, they are just listed in random order until the 1st round ends.

So far, it’s been in descending GP order for me each GA. I know that correlation does not equal causation, but it makes sense that it would be that way.

Also, This GA I have the lowest and I’m paired against the highest.
    From what I’ve experienced, I looks like they are listed from highest GP to lowest, which creates a standard seating bracket of 1st vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 6th, and 4th vs 5th.

Not really worthless if two people tie, locked GP is used to determine the winner of that tie, and there is a bug in the game recording what that figure actually is.

And anyway, I checked my first round matchup seconds after the setup phase started and we both had exactly the same GP. Who wins if we tie?

• AKAren
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It’s random, as per dev post from whenever GA was announced.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Not really worthless if two people tie, locked GP is used to determine the winner of that tie, and there is a bug in the game recording what that figure actually is.

And anyway, I checked my first round matchup seconds after the setup phase started and we both had exactly the same GP. Who wins if we tie?

I was referring to the comment that my replies are worthless.

They are. You added zero insight - only argumentative and heightened responses purposely attempting to be combative. Please move along outside of my thread.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey ok.
  • AKAren wrote: »

I checked all opponents’ rosters as soon as setup phase started - and I mean the very second it started.

My 8 player group was NOT organised by lock GP in descending order. And the matchups were NOT 1v8, 2v7 etc because I’m 3 and up against 7.

One weird thing, all 4 in my group who own revan are at the top, with one exception - me being in 3rd. This was the same last time.

One thing we could attempt to verify - do we all see the “view rewards” screen the same? I’m in 3rd on my screen. Am I on 3rd on all my opponents’ screens?

You do make a lot of them. I imagine it would be difficult to maintain a consistent level of quality.
  • The GP in the stats page never goes down from what I have seen. The GP in the characters page goes up and down as you equip gear/mods and goes down when you strip mods.

So for snakes:
    1st screenshot is his maximum GP
    2nd screenshot is his current GP
    3rd screenshot is GP at the exact time of GA launch (which ranking is determined from)
  • One weird thing, all 4 in my group who own revan are at the top, with one exception - me being in 3rd. This was the same last time.

One thing we could attempt to verify - do we all see the “view rewards” screen the same? I’m in 3rd on my screen. Am I on 3rd on all my opponents’ screens?

I'm #1 on my screen--no Traya, no Revan, and not the highest GP. Everyone else has Revan and Traya and all the marquee characters at 2* level 1 and a conservative estimate of 6,000 G12s.

Really looking forward to those Fleet Omegas!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • When is this auto defense gonna happen? Pretty annoying when your opponent didn’t even bother setting a D.