Grand Arena 12/29 stripped out of strategy?

Prev1
Amnor
116 posts Member
edited December 2018
Really? This was the most fun and challenging game mode so far... With all teams in one zone all the strategy has been removed and its just a simple battle of pure GP power and quality of mods
Shame...

Replies

• Amnor wrote: »
    Really? This was the most fun and challenging game mode so far... With all teams in one zone all the strategy has been removed and its just a simple battle of pure GP power and quality of mods
    Shame...

I’m amazed how people on here will literally complain about anything and everything.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Amnor wrote: »
    Shame...

I’m amazed how people on here will literally complain about anything and everything.

I think this one is valid. Previous 5v5 allowed you to strategicly place squads to defend your fleets etc. This is just "here's all the ground units in one box". No surprises, either for defence or when attacking.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Shame...

I think this one is valid. Previous 5v5 allowed you to strategicly place squads to defend your fleets etc. This is just "here's all the ground units in one box". No surprises, either for defence or when attacking.

They're clearly just giving us as many different modes as possible. If it was every time, ok. But I don't mind the variety we've been getting. It's been different every time and that's good.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Shame...
    I think there is strategy in this one too.

In the previous rounds you could just place your weaker teams in the back unit and hope your front wall doesn't get busted. Here, every defensive point counts and you can't save stronger offense teams by placing weak defenses

I like the different variety we are getting and how this round is more of a sudden death kind of feel
    Shame...

Yeah I know, it's almost like dozens of individuals have dozens of individual complaints. Absolute madness.
    Shame...

It’s just different is all. It isn’t unfair to anyone.
    Shame...

Where would you suggest people go to give feedback on the game and how to improve it?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Shame...

Where would you suggest people go to give feedback on the game and how to improve it?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

Try the giant feedback section of this board
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    And furthermore, most people here aren't giving feedback and how to improve it. They're complaining, often based on incorrect assumptions.
  • Amnor wrote: »
    Really? IN MY OPINION This was the most fun and challenging game mode so far...

FYP

• Ultra wrote: »
    I think there is strategy in this one too.

In the previous rounds you could just place your weaker teams in the back unit and hope your front wall doesn't get busted. Here, every defensive point counts and you can't save stronger offense teams by placing weak defenses

I like the different variety we are getting and how this round is more of a sudden death kind of feel

Well, in my GP bracket putting weaker teams in the back was the easiest way to loosing the battle. The whole battle was about tricking enemy and force him to early burn counters to teams that were hidden in the back zones. This was the only way to win.
    Having all teams in one zone makes it very easy to use optimal counter to each one. It will all be decided by number of super speed mods...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

FYP

Are you familiar with Ric Olie?
  • They can dress this **** however they want. With the rewards they are offering its embarrassing. Is it now 3 weeks in a row of GA? Thanks but no thanks. Too drawn out, and sh!tty rewards.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

FYP

Are you familiar with Ric Olie?

Kinda wish he was in game with naboo starfifhter
  • 14 teams of 5? This is such ****. Way to ruin New Years you clowns. Get a clue
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Wow this ruined New Year's for you? I'm sorry.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    ShortShaft wrote: »
    14 teams of 5? This is such ****. Way to ruin New Years you clowns. Get a clue
    Are you sure its 14 teams?

That's almost half the toons in the game on defense
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    It's not. I'm in the 3-4m GP bracket and I set six.
  • 70 toons and 16 ships on D? **** SWGOH. The REWARDS ARE SO MINIMAL TO EVEN CARE AT THIS POINT
  • ShortShaft wrote: »
    70 toons and 16 ships on D? **** SWGOH. The REWARDS ARE SO MINIMAL TO EVEN CARE AT THIS POINT

There's no way you have to set 14 defensive squads. Screenshits or it didn't happen
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm in the same bracket

Noticed there are 4 circles on the board for the squad territory but a limit of 6 teams

can't wait for tomorrow lol
  • ShortShaft wrote: »
    The REWARDS ARE SO MINIMAL TO EVEN CARE AT THIS POINT

Do agree with this
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    ShortShaft wrote: »
    70 toons and 16 ships on D? **** SWGOH. The REWARDS ARE SO MINIMAL TO EVEN CARE AT THIS POINT

There's no way you have to set 14 defensive squads. Screenshits or it didn't happen

How did this get past the swear filter lol.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm in the same bracket

Noticed there are 4 circles on the board for the squad territory but a limit of 6 teams

I let my guild know. But I am going to drink all the salty forum tears up.
  • Ultimately, this GA isn’t all that rewarding. Just 0 or 2 or 3 Omegas for a weeks worth of work. Many that generally go all in will likely go all out this time.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm in the same bracket

I let my guild know. But I am going to drink all the salty forum tears up.

Muahahahaha
  • Ultimately, this GA isn’t all that rewarding. Just 0 or 2 or 3 Omegas for a weeks worth of work. Many that generally go all in will likely go all out this time.

@SnakesOnAPlane the rewards seem pretty good to me. For the number 1 spot, you get 50 of those Mk7 Shield Generator salvage that many characters need, and you get 70 each of the two slicing components that you need 50 of to take mods to 6e, you get 3 character Omegas, and 8 Ship Omegas (which are always in short supply). Seems like a decent deal for about 30 minutes worth of battling 3 times during the week.

It’s just different is all. It isn’t unfair to anyone.

Yep....I think they are rotating the formats to give everyone a chance so that the maps don't always favor the same people over and over. In this one, ships are more important because you can't block access to them and some people have invested more in ships....can't block access to an entire territory with a character like Revan or Traya that a lot of people still don't have either, so depth of roster is more important on this map.

Also, they told us from the beginning that the GA maps would be different and changing so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ultimately, this GA isn’t all that rewarding. Just 0 or 2 or 3 Omegas for a weeks worth of work. Many that generally go all in will likely go all out this time.

You get more than that and it's not a week's work, it's 7 battles three times in one week. But I agree that the rewards are lacking compared to last time. I just hope this doesn't end up like the weekly shipment, strong at first then poor down the road.