Boy the damage is real

This is not a hate post necessarily, I've been enjoying my shiny 7 star g12 zetad Chewbacca alot but I gotta tell you that I don't know how to feel about those % health hits. When poor Darth Nihilus drops under 50% hp simply from hitting with Han-chewie-Han on top of the exposes by 3PO, then CLS easily finishes him even if there's a taunt fr sith Trooper UP; it just feels a bit wrong...

I don't know how to explain it but these matches are roller coasters, the damage this squad spits out is kind of insane. It almost makes me wonder if that's a good thing despite the fact that the Han-Chewie duo is one of my favorite in all of star wars.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't see the problem with a good Revan/Traya counter. Thank you CG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I think Darth Nihilus's stacking max health was a mistake and I believe to combat that (since DN is a huge meta toon), you have all sorts of high DPS debuffs or abilities
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I think DN's stacking health is fine. Plenty of teams have the tools to deal with that nowadays, and other teams have the means to avoid stacking massive amounts of health on him.

Revan teams have massive damage coming out of GMY, and multiple stuns. (not to mention they don't really output the debuffs to reach unkillable amounts of health, right?)

CLS teams have chewbacca's %health and C3's exposes

JTR is expose engine. C3 as well.

NS have plauge

Sith teams have their DN, who can annihilate

..that's all the mainstream arena teams right?
  • TVF wrote: »

Honestly thought they don't counter Revan, they only counter Traya and the problem with that is that far too many squads counter Traya far too soon.
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think Darth Nihilus's stacking max health was a mistake and I believe to combat that (since DN is a huge meta toon), you have all sorts of high DPS debuffs or abilities

However in this setup you're not battling his stacking health because he dies literally 15 seconds in, he doesn't even get to stack any health he just gets annihilated before he can even do anything. CG seems to have hopped on board with the "4v5 opening", Revan can 4v5 essentially with his focus ability, now Han and Chewie can bring the battle down to 4v5 before it even started. That's their way of expressing the powecreep it seems.
    HK666 wrote: »
    I think DN's stacking health is fine. Plenty of teams have the tools to deal with that nowadays, and other teams have the means to avoid stacking massive amounts of health on him.

Revan teams have massive damage coming out of GMY, and multiple stuns. (not to mention they don't really output the debuffs to reach unkillable amounts of health, right?)

CLS teams have chewbacca's %health and C3's exposes

JTR is expose engine. C3 as well.

NS have plauge

Sith teams have their DN, who can annihilate

..that's all the mainstream arena teams right?

Well except Nihilus needs to take multiple turns before be can annihilate anyone, and he is constantly risking being punished for his force drain because squads who Counter attack will punish him hard. If he hits BB8 or CLS squad he can be in alot of trouble. The others essentially have no counter play, Revan can turn one use his focus fire ability, Han shoots First and CLS is fast enough to kill with his taunt ignore.

I think Sith are are definitely in the worst place in all of this.
  • I have my Han and Chewie g12 +3 and they cannot one-shot Nihilus at open. Can instagib low health Daka or Asajj, but thats about it. Maybe the extra two pieces allow it?

Anyway there are higher priority targets on Sith teams to stun with Shoots First.

I don't run a meta team and maybe that is my issue, but I have to kill Sion first. If he gets hatred off its gg for me 90% of the time.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    No such thing as insta-gibbing nihilus with Hans opener + Chewie assist... Just isn't enough damage.

However, when the very 'next' turn is:

a fast CLS using special 3 + Chewie assist.

Then using special 2 + Chewie assist.

Is death to nihilus every single time.

It's why the CLS/c3po/R2/Han/Chewie squad can auto traya leads
  • I've never experienced a CLS team (not even with 3PO) to shoot down my DN first turn. I call overexaggerated.
    I've also never lost a match vs CLS teams (including 3PO) with Trio, Thrawn, Nest.

I don't see the "damage" that is "real", sorry.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Honestly thought they don't counter Revan

They do for me.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

gg reporting is inconsistent and doesn't record until an hour after my payout so I've dropped some by the time they record most days, but last five days I've finished first 3 times and second the other 2.
  • TVF wrote: »
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Honestly thought they don't counter Revan

They do for me.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

gg reporting is inconsistent and doesn't record until an hour after my payout so I've dropped some by the time they record most days, but last five days I've finished first 3 times and second the other 2.

I told it my payout was an hour earlier then it actually is to counter that crazy lag.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I tried that but it refuses to update.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CLS/Han/Chewie + 2 can counter just about anything if they're fast enough. That Han-Chewie-Han triple hit is brutal.

That said, if you can survive the opener, they are quite beatable too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Heh i have not even activated traya.... at this point once i get revan ill be able to beat her. And her days in arena are ending.... she is worthless in raids.... maybe TW for the guild in a few months if i have gear to spare... i dont care about GA so just have to wait and see if she finds a use other than TW once the arena reign is totally over...

EDIT if darth revan does appear he will prob be godly with her.... but i dont have dark OR characters activated either..... between way new legendaries running and this and that i just have zero resources to pump into sith unless they help me beat a raid better than someone else

Jedi
    Then ewoks
    See who gets rework if worth it.
    Ships to stay competitive
    CUP
    Sith