What is YOUR bottleneck to progression?

1235Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    God mods have the highest possible speeds.

Okay. I have 3 mods at 6 star. Do you mean 6 star?

No. He means mods with 5 bumps of speed secondaries. 20-25 speed per mod, and then a little more if you slice it to 6-dot.

To a first approximation, nothing about mods matters other than the speed bonus.

Thanks
  • Purple mk3 ability mats, and to a lesser extent omegas. I have dozens of characters waiting for upgraded abilities. I have zeta mats I can't put anywhere. Zetas are supposed to be rare, I should be waiting for zeta mats, not purples.
    All the gear used at g8-10. Seriously, just about all of it. Characters across almost all teams need the same exact things, in large quantities. I am easily farming character shards 3x faster than I can farm gear for them. I mean, it takes 330 shards to complete a character, but some characters use that many bits of gear for a single gear level. This isn't a game of collecting characters, it is collecting gear.
  • Guns!! Guns!!! Guns!!! There isn’t a place in the game with a full gun as a reward. Most gear tiers are held back by this one gear item.
  • Fockd
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Anyone who says golden balls are easy to obtain has a **** roster. You run out of the challenge gear pretty quickly. Currently 3.3 mio GP with 50 g12 toons. I have 0 challenge gear needed for the golden balls and I have 20 toons just waiting for them. Meanwhile stunguns and carbantis are piling up.
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    worst for me are plain carbantis, even though i buy them whenever i have chance. too many toons need them plain or for stun gun/detonator and also for g12+. stun guns salvages are probably second and only slightly worse are cuffs a golden balls from challenges (black one too, but they at least have a good crystal price in shipments). different but still bottleneck then are omegas for me, i have 80 zeta mats but 0 omegas atm and missing like 150 omegas for toons i need or want to develop right now.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Hope everyone is hoarding for Revan's return. Revan only needs 400 Carbanti's to go with the 150 stun guns.

Good thing there's not a shortage... :p
  • Fockd wrote: »
    Anyone who says golden balls are easy to obtain has a **** roster. You run out of the challenge gear pretty quickly. Currently 3.3 mio GP with 50 g12 toons. I have 0 challenge gear needed for the golden balls and I have 20 toons just waiting for them. Meanwhile stunguns and carbantis are piling up.

Idk man, 3.3m GP here too, and I have nearly 3k of the challenge gold ball. I may not have the same characters or as geared on specifics, but the Gold Balls are relatively easy to obtain, and the challenge parts are the only thing close to valuable in the Mace challenge (but I still have thousands of them).
  • DarthPadraig
    132 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    More than anything, power creep and the increasing number of legendary characters. I've been playing since May of 2017, and I was finally able to get CLS, JTR, and Thrawn this fall. Partly that's because I didn't plan things out very well during my first year or so of play, but it's also because farming all the required toons takes a long dang time, when you're a "minnow."

I'm a FTP player who buys the occasional $5 or $10 crystal pack, and I only spent the $10 for a marquee toon once. So now, as I've finally caught up with last year's legendary characters, three more appear: Chewie, Revan, and C3PO, each of course requiring long, hard farms of multiple toons. There's no way I'll be able to unlock any of them anytime soon. Such is the game life of a tiny minnow!

It's frustrating, but I understand the business model that drives these games.

As much as I dislike the so many new marquees, I completely disagree with you. It is your fault only.
    Why I say that is because I started playing half year after you, yet I have not only cls, jtr, thrawn, but also chewie (7s), c3 (5s), will be finished with Revan in 2 weeks... And im literally ftp, never spent anything.

I admitted I was an id10t when I first started. Lol
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Hope everyone is hoarding for Revan's return. Revan only needs 400 Carbanti's to go with the 150 stun guns.

Good thing there's not a shortage... :p

Ugh, I’m already saving zetas for him. Now gear :(
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    Fockd wrote: »

Idk man, 3.3m GP here too, and I have nearly 3k of the challenge gold ball. I may not have the same characters or as geared on specifics, but the Gold Balls are relatively easy to obtain, and the challenge parts are the only thing close to valuable in the Mace challenge (but I still have thousands of them).

I complained about them for awhile. But I promise I went from like 3k to 900. I know that is still a large amount but in the amount of time to drop that many is pretty nuts. They will become a problem for everyone eventually I promise.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yeah anyone who is sitting on thousands of the gold ball challenge gear either:

1) Is not promoting toons to G12 or
    2) Is not promoting some very specific good toons to G12, all of whom need a ton of them
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TVF wrote: »

2) Is not promoting some very specific good toons to G12, all of whom need a ton of them

I have 2010 Mk 8 Biotech Implant Salvage, but only I have 14 Mk 8 Biotech Implant Components that I need about 286 more of to complete those full implants. It is infuriating.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Just you wait.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    "Wow my opponent has 12 more G12 toons than me"
    Also me: I have 2000 gold ball challenge gear lets get rid of it!
  • My budget. Going to cut back to 4-5 vaults/mo
  • Lack of guild events to earn shop currency
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Truth
  • golden eyeballs. both of them
  • 52 toons requiring stun guns. Most more than one. Gg CG