c3po

I've heard it said that C3PO is to Haat what CLS is to Rancor...We've had solos in haat now for the first time in our guild. How? C3PO is one of the most useless droids in the galaxy! How do you justify making him OP?

Replies

• It's a game that doesn't follow canon - justification complete.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    It's a game that doesn't follow canon - justification complete.

Just cuz it is so true
  • I sure hope you only use canon-appropriate teams and never ever let characters from different eras mix. If you have Nihilus on a team with Palpatine, so help me............
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I sure hope you only use canon-appropriate teams and never ever let characters from different eras mix. If you have Nihilus on a team with Palpatine, so help me............

My favourite part of the OT was when Biggs swooped in to blast Palpatine.

That's how I unlocked him so I assume that's how it went down in the movies too.
  • 3po most useless droids? Pay attention he is more usefull then you think.

But as others have said going strictly from cannon isn't the power levels of toons. If it was Vader should be near unstoppable, same with sideous.
    Biggs ship should be one of the weakest in the game along with TFP, but TFP is one of the best ships.
  • It's about a combination of love and mythology.

The iconic, beloved characters get great power. The iconic, not-beloved Vader get almost-great power.

It's weird, but the evil toons from Old Republic (Sith Triumvirate, etc.) may not be as iconic to most people since so many who saw the movies never played KOTOR, but to those who did play the game - and this fanbase is a Star Wars /video gamer fanbase - they spent a lot more time interacting with those characters than they did with the movie characters, and some of them were even playable. In other words, there was more opportunity to grow to love them.

So we EA/CG gives bonus power points to iconic toons, and more bonus power points to well-loved toons, and then more bonus points to toons who come out later in the game (because of power creep), and voila! You have your explanation.
  • BamWrath wrote: »
    I've heard it said that C3PO is to Haat what CLS is to Rancor...We've had solos in haat now for the first time in our guild. How? C3PO is one of the most useless droids in the galaxy! How do you justify making him OP?

Anakin was the most powerful Jedi ever and look how worthless he is in this game.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    BamWrath wrote: »

Anakin was the most powerful Jedi ever and look how worthless he is in this game.

Great ship, though! Makes sense since he was a great pilot when Obi Wan met him ;)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No ship should be better ever since he was the greatest pilot ever.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    No ship should be better ever since he was the greatest pilot ever.

Just cuz he's the best pilot, doesn't mean he's piloting the best ship ;)